Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #6 -3D- goodgod - Challenger #9

Submitted by goodgod on

These are my first concept sketches. The basic idea is that the person gets bit or stung by a spider-like creature. The spider injects the victim with its young (larvae) so the larvae can live off the body until they are large enough to fend for themselves.
The pain for the victim steadily increases, and the parasites drain it of energy. The victim looses its will to the parasite, becoming irrational. To survive it instinctively seeks any sort of meat (for energy) it can eat, including human flesh.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/goodgod/200472672354_concept_1.j…]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 27/07/04 - 7:59 AM Permalink

nasty, but a good idea. Ofcourse the spider concept is my fave :P

Submitted by Jackablade on Tue, 27/07/04 - 9:09 AM Permalink

Those are some nice concepts man. Should make a wicked model.

Submitted by warpion on Tue, 27/07/04 - 9:48 AM Permalink

That looks fantabulous, but the spider isn't quite happy enough for my likings.

Also, the axe should spray blood everywhere, because, y'know, people like blood and all.

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 27/07/04 - 6:33 PM Permalink

I like the idea, but I love that guy's broken arm. Can just imagine that thing dangling by only a few strands >:D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/07/04 - 7:31 PM Permalink

hmmm i actually prefer the one you have on your first concept (not the little happy face one course, the one with the long bandy legs)

Submitted by fullmoon on Wed, 28/07/04 - 9:01 PM Permalink

I agree MoonUnit. For some reason the first one is scarier. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because it looks less make believe. I don't know.

That's not to say that I wouldn't be scared if I was confronted by the second spider.

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 28/07/04 - 11:07 PM Permalink

The spider has 7 eyes! [:o] And i think long thin legs work better on a thin spider, if you bulk up the legs generally the spider is more heavy set as well. Ie Tarantula.

Submitted by Jackablade on Wed, 28/07/04 - 11:18 PM Permalink

They're supposed to have nine, aren't they?

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 2:31 AM Permalink

quote:Moonunit: hmmm i actually prefer the one you have on your first concept (not the little happy face one course, the one with the long bandy legs)
The first one was just a quick simple idea of what the spider might look like.

quote:fullmoon: I agree MoonUnit. For some reason the first one is scarier. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because it looks less make believe. I don't know.

How can you agree? They are pretty much the same spider. It?s just that the newer one has more detail.

quote:HazarD: The spider has 7 eyes! And i think long thin legs work better on a thin spider, if you bulk up the legs generally the spider is more heavy set
It?s not literally a spider it?s more of a spider-like creature. And about the legs this create has heavy armour and a huge arse. If it had thin snappy legs they would brake to easily.

Submitted by fullmoon on Thu, 29/07/04 - 5:00 AM Permalink

Sorry goodgod, I have to disagree with you that they are pretty much the same spider. True, you have the last word, because in the end it is you who drew the pictures. But to me the first one looks more agile, ready to spring off the ground onto an unsuspecting victims back, swiftly injecting it's offspring. It has that mosquito fear factor, where it's not the actual creature that is scary, but the knowledge of what it can do.

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 6:41 AM Permalink

If the spider was as big as I have designed it to be. it just wouldn't work. It would be too heavy for how strong the legs are. and there not even that much diferent any way. it dosn't even have to jump that high, because it is big.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 29/07/04 - 7:23 PM Permalink

sorry but ive just gotta point this out:

quote:Originally posted by goodgod

it just wouldn't work. It would be too heavy for how strong the legs are.

your designing it for a game, theres a reall attempted realism but you dont need to be too up on the right muscle weight and everything. It is after all only a game, so you have some space to bend the truth.

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 23/08/04 - 5:49 PM Permalink

That looks great, really good proportions and very realistic. I'm just wondering which concept this one is from? Have you got a new concept (and not posted it)?
I was hoping you would make the spider, that was a cool idea..
Great human model though.

Submitted by shath on Mon, 23/08/04 - 8:55 PM Permalink

i guess thats just one side of the human concept, looks good sierra very smooth mesh

Submitted by animal on Tue, 24/08/04 - 5:08 AM Permalink

thats really good man, esp the profile of the body and arm, I always find that harder than the front.

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 09/09/04 - 12:10 PM Permalink

Oops my mistake. I?m actually at about 10100.
Um yeah miner setback but I?ll deal with it.
Back to it then, got to get rid or those spare
1600 triangles.............f#@k

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 10/09/04 - 2:54 AM Permalink

the bumps on his shoulder make me shiver, very disgusting, AND ITS NOT EVEN TEXTURED YET!, love your work, i hope the texture can keep up with your modelling!

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 10/09/04 - 3:00 AM Permalink

Why does youre age say 14? surely you cant be 14?

Submitted by goodgod on Fri, 10/09/04 - 12:52 PM Permalink

I?m not really 14 it?s just that I?ve never bothered to change from the default age in this forum. I?m really 18 turning 19 on the 22nd. Thanks for the replies. I don?t get much feedback but that?s all right. I can handle it.

Submitted by smeg on Mon, 20/09/04 - 1:22 AM Permalink

Wow. That looks excellent.
Great work and good luck.

cheers

Submitted by Thardswrothe on Mon, 20/09/04 - 1:34 AM Permalink

I agree with smeg goodgod, excellent job! Great design, textures and model.
Good luck dude.

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 20/09/04 - 4:04 AM Permalink

definately one of the top entries so far, it seems to me to be very original but still keeps closely to the theme.Both the modelling and texturing are top notch. There are lots of great little details as well, which is always great to see in model. good luck

Submitted by souri on Mon, 20/09/04 - 5:31 AM Permalink

I'm guessing this entry is completed.. You're challenger #9.

Posted by goodgod on

These are my first concept sketches. The basic idea is that the person gets bit or stung by a spider-like creature. The spider injects the victim with its young (larvae) so the larvae can live off the body until they are large enough to fend for themselves.
The pain for the victim steadily increases, and the parasites drain it of energy. The victim looses its will to the parasite, becoming irrational. To survive it instinctively seeks any sort of meat (for energy) it can eat, including human flesh.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/goodgod/200472672354_concept_1.j…]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 27/07/04 - 7:59 AM Permalink

nasty, but a good idea. Ofcourse the spider concept is my fave :P

Submitted by Jackablade on Tue, 27/07/04 - 9:09 AM Permalink

Those are some nice concepts man. Should make a wicked model.

Submitted by warpion on Tue, 27/07/04 - 9:48 AM Permalink

That looks fantabulous, but the spider isn't quite happy enough for my likings.

Also, the axe should spray blood everywhere, because, y'know, people like blood and all.

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 27/07/04 - 6:33 PM Permalink

I like the idea, but I love that guy's broken arm. Can just imagine that thing dangling by only a few strands >:D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/07/04 - 7:31 PM Permalink

hmmm i actually prefer the one you have on your first concept (not the little happy face one course, the one with the long bandy legs)

Submitted by fullmoon on Wed, 28/07/04 - 9:01 PM Permalink

I agree MoonUnit. For some reason the first one is scarier. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because it looks less make believe. I don't know.

That's not to say that I wouldn't be scared if I was confronted by the second spider.

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 28/07/04 - 11:07 PM Permalink

The spider has 7 eyes! [:o] And i think long thin legs work better on a thin spider, if you bulk up the legs generally the spider is more heavy set as well. Ie Tarantula.

Submitted by Jackablade on Wed, 28/07/04 - 11:18 PM Permalink

They're supposed to have nine, aren't they?

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 2:31 AM Permalink

quote:Moonunit: hmmm i actually prefer the one you have on your first concept (not the little happy face one course, the one with the long bandy legs)
The first one was just a quick simple idea of what the spider might look like.

quote:fullmoon: I agree MoonUnit. For some reason the first one is scarier. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because it looks less make believe. I don't know.

How can you agree? They are pretty much the same spider. It?s just that the newer one has more detail.

quote:HazarD: The spider has 7 eyes! And i think long thin legs work better on a thin spider, if you bulk up the legs generally the spider is more heavy set
It?s not literally a spider it?s more of a spider-like creature. And about the legs this create has heavy armour and a huge arse. If it had thin snappy legs they would brake to easily.

Submitted by fullmoon on Thu, 29/07/04 - 5:00 AM Permalink

Sorry goodgod, I have to disagree with you that they are pretty much the same spider. True, you have the last word, because in the end it is you who drew the pictures. But to me the first one looks more agile, ready to spring off the ground onto an unsuspecting victims back, swiftly injecting it's offspring. It has that mosquito fear factor, where it's not the actual creature that is scary, but the knowledge of what it can do.

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 6:41 AM Permalink

If the spider was as big as I have designed it to be. it just wouldn't work. It would be too heavy for how strong the legs are. and there not even that much diferent any way. it dosn't even have to jump that high, because it is big.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 29/07/04 - 7:23 PM Permalink

sorry but ive just gotta point this out:

quote:Originally posted by goodgod

it just wouldn't work. It would be too heavy for how strong the legs are.

your designing it for a game, theres a reall attempted realism but you dont need to be too up on the right muscle weight and everything. It is after all only a game, so you have some space to bend the truth.

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 23/08/04 - 5:49 PM Permalink

That looks great, really good proportions and very realistic. I'm just wondering which concept this one is from? Have you got a new concept (and not posted it)?
I was hoping you would make the spider, that was a cool idea..
Great human model though.

Submitted by shath on Mon, 23/08/04 - 8:55 PM Permalink

i guess thats just one side of the human concept, looks good sierra very smooth mesh

Submitted by animal on Tue, 24/08/04 - 5:08 AM Permalink

thats really good man, esp the profile of the body and arm, I always find that harder than the front.

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 09/09/04 - 12:10 PM Permalink

Oops my mistake. I?m actually at about 10100.
Um yeah miner setback but I?ll deal with it.
Back to it then, got to get rid or those spare
1600 triangles.............f#@k

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 10/09/04 - 2:54 AM Permalink

the bumps on his shoulder make me shiver, very disgusting, AND ITS NOT EVEN TEXTURED YET!, love your work, i hope the texture can keep up with your modelling!

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 10/09/04 - 3:00 AM Permalink

Why does youre age say 14? surely you cant be 14?

Submitted by goodgod on Fri, 10/09/04 - 12:52 PM Permalink

I?m not really 14 it?s just that I?ve never bothered to change from the default age in this forum. I?m really 18 turning 19 on the 22nd. Thanks for the replies. I don?t get much feedback but that?s all right. I can handle it.

Submitted by smeg on Mon, 20/09/04 - 1:22 AM Permalink

Wow. That looks excellent.
Great work and good luck.

cheers

Submitted by Thardswrothe on Mon, 20/09/04 - 1:34 AM Permalink

I agree with smeg goodgod, excellent job! Great design, textures and model.
Good luck dude.

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 20/09/04 - 4:04 AM Permalink

definately one of the top entries so far, it seems to me to be very original but still keeps closely to the theme.Both the modelling and texturing are top notch. There are lots of great little details as well, which is always great to see in model. good luck

Submitted by souri on Mon, 20/09/04 - 5:31 AM Permalink

I'm guessing this entry is completed.. You're challenger #9.