Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #6 -3D - mikamika - Challenger #16

Submitted by mikamika on

Hey people, just a quick sketch that i though i might develop further. let me know what you all think. I may change the design totally in light of some of the other entries, but it its a starting point.

mikamika

EDIT: Final concept down further

Submitted by MarkMash on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:02 AM Permalink

Looks pretty cool

I cant understand how it will move, just pull itself along? I like the top ones legs better

Submitted by MarkMash on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:47 AM Permalink

haha that looks awesome.

The legs are very inviting, yet the head is very uninviting... i just grossed myself out. :P Maybe for extra grossness is put a breast underneath the torso, or what appears to be a torso. hehe, its pretty cool how it is.

Though i dont think you'd ever see a model like that ever use 8000 tris in a published game. I spose it's only a limit not an objective the polycount

Submitted by palantir on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:48 AM Permalink

Hey mikamika, welcome to Sumea! [:)]

Wow, great concept (that last one) ? that thing?s creepy!![:0]

Submitted by mikamika on Sun, 25/07/04 - 8:14 AM Permalink

thanks guys, I was going to put in a breast, Mark. but i think the scars have a nicer feel to them (makes you wonder where they are now). IT was wearing high heels at one stage :), but i thought better of that. I didnt think that this would go over 3000 - 4000 . but its good to know that you dont have to use it all.

Submitted by xyz on Sun, 25/07/04 - 6:07 PM Permalink

That is truely insane. It would be interesting to animate as well. How does she attack?

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:56 PM Permalink

Very cool character. The animation would be truely cool for her.

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 26/07/04 - 2:52 AM Permalink

Nice job on this concept - i like it alot more than the first couple [:)]

Submitted by denz on Mon, 26/07/04 - 2:56 AM Permalink

hehe that is hillarious, and at the same time quite freaky. Nice drawings.

Submitted by mikamika on Mon, 26/07/04 - 3:59 AM Permalink

thanks Hazard and denz, yeah i like this concept alot more than the first two. she's more in keeping with the whole S/H theme.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 26/07/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

creepy as, good work. That would be awesome animated with agile like attacks

Submitted by conundrum on Fri, 30/07/04 - 10:04 AM Permalink

thats looking great, one of the most true to the genre entries around, i could just see that in silent hill. very nice concepts, i hope you can really utilise the high poly count and make some really nice details. looking forward to your start in modelling

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 30/07/04 - 5:53 PM Permalink

Fantatsic artwork. If the model is anything like the art, this will be very sweet.

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 30/07/04 - 10:41 PM Permalink

I like this, very much [:D] perfect

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 31/07/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

wow really like that colour there, good luck with modelling

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 01/08/04 - 7:29 AM Permalink

wow thats great, really reflects the concept

Submitted by conundrum on Sun, 01/08/04 - 10:47 AM Permalink

looking great so far, a very nice model, no crits other than i was wondering if you have a texture on it or if thats just the render. keep it up though looking great

Submitted by mikamika on Sun, 01/08/04 - 10:53 AM Permalink

conundrum, no the bottom render is just using GI(e-light) with a standard max texutre.

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 01/08/04 - 7:27 PM Permalink

Going good. The only weird thing is that her head looks a little rounder (from the front) in you concept art.

Submitted by mikamika on Thu, 05/08/04 - 7:00 AM Permalink

ok here it is with legs attached, as it stands its 4082 polys at the moment. guys i really need some crits/feedback on the structure of the legs and feet, the best way to model them for the pose/animation that i want to use, which is like the colour concept. I just have an odd felling that something isnt right [?]. I may just have to go back and model them with a bit more refrence material.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/20048465118_mikamika1.j…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/20048465150_mikamika2.j…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/2004846528_mikamika3.jp…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/20048465228_mikamika4.j…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/20048465243_mikamika5.j…]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 05/08/04 - 8:57 AM Permalink

lol at gaping hole ;)

the only thing that really looks not right atm with those legs is the fact that shes (she?) posed odly, like the feet arent flat and the... err... mid section is low. Modelling wise it looks fine.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 05/08/04 - 9:19 AM Permalink

I think the legs will work fine - I think what your 'niggle' as to something being wrong is the legs alignment.
From the knee down looks like it could be rotated a fraction more outward. But I think it looks fine the way it is [:)]

Posted by mikamika on

Hey people, just a quick sketch that i though i might develop further. let me know what you all think. I may change the design totally in light of some of the other entries, but it its a starting point.

mikamika

EDIT: Final concept down further

Submitted by MarkMash on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:02 AM Permalink

Looks pretty cool

I cant understand how it will move, just pull itself along? I like the top ones legs better

Submitted by MarkMash on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:47 AM Permalink

haha that looks awesome.

The legs are very inviting, yet the head is very uninviting... i just grossed myself out. :P Maybe for extra grossness is put a breast underneath the torso, or what appears to be a torso. hehe, its pretty cool how it is.

Though i dont think you'd ever see a model like that ever use 8000 tris in a published game. I spose it's only a limit not an objective the polycount

Submitted by palantir on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:48 AM Permalink

Hey mikamika, welcome to Sumea! [:)]

Wow, great concept (that last one) ? that thing?s creepy!![:0]

Submitted by mikamika on Sun, 25/07/04 - 8:14 AM Permalink

thanks guys, I was going to put in a breast, Mark. but i think the scars have a nicer feel to them (makes you wonder where they are now). IT was wearing high heels at one stage :), but i thought better of that. I didnt think that this would go over 3000 - 4000 . but its good to know that you dont have to use it all.

Submitted by xyz on Sun, 25/07/04 - 6:07 PM Permalink

That is truely insane. It would be interesting to animate as well. How does she attack?

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:56 PM Permalink

Very cool character. The animation would be truely cool for her.

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 26/07/04 - 2:52 AM Permalink

Nice job on this concept - i like it alot more than the first couple [:)]

Submitted by denz on Mon, 26/07/04 - 2:56 AM Permalink

hehe that is hillarious, and at the same time quite freaky. Nice drawings.

Submitted by mikamika on Mon, 26/07/04 - 3:59 AM Permalink

thanks Hazard and denz, yeah i like this concept alot more than the first two. she's more in keeping with the whole S/H theme.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 26/07/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

creepy as, good work. That would be awesome animated with agile like attacks

Submitted by conundrum on Fri, 30/07/04 - 10:04 AM Permalink

thats looking great, one of the most true to the genre entries around, i could just see that in silent hill. very nice concepts, i hope you can really utilise the high poly count and make some really nice details. looking forward to your start in modelling

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 30/07/04 - 5:53 PM Permalink

Fantatsic artwork. If the model is anything like the art, this will be very sweet.

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 30/07/04 - 10:41 PM Permalink

I like this, very much [:D] perfect

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 31/07/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

wow really like that colour there, good luck with modelling

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 01/08/04 - 7:29 AM Permalink

wow thats great, really reflects the concept

Submitted by conundrum on Sun, 01/08/04 - 10:47 AM Permalink

looking great so far, a very nice model, no crits other than i was wondering if you have a texture on it or if thats just the render. keep it up though looking great

Submitted by mikamika on Sun, 01/08/04 - 10:53 AM Permalink

conundrum, no the bottom render is just using GI(e-light) with a standard max texutre.

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 01/08/04 - 7:27 PM Permalink

Going good. The only weird thing is that her head looks a little rounder (from the front) in you concept art.

Submitted by mikamika on Thu, 05/08/04 - 7:00 AM Permalink

ok here it is with legs attached, as it stands its 4082 polys at the moment. guys i really need some crits/feedback on the structure of the legs and feet, the best way to model them for the pose/animation that i want to use, which is like the colour concept. I just have an odd felling that something isnt right [?]. I may just have to go back and model them with a bit more refrence material.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/20048465118_mikamika1.j…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/20048465150_mikamika2.j…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/2004846528_mikamika3.jp…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/20048465228_mikamika4.j…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/mikamika/20048465243_mikamika5.j…]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 05/08/04 - 8:57 AM Permalink

lol at gaping hole ;)

the only thing that really looks not right atm with those legs is the fact that shes (she?) posed odly, like the feet arent flat and the... err... mid section is low. Modelling wise it looks fine.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 05/08/04 - 9:19 AM Permalink

I think the legs will work fine - I think what your 'niggle' as to something being wrong is the legs alignment.
From the knee down looks like it could be rotated a fraction more outward. But I think it looks fine the way it is [:)]