Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #2 - 3D - Dr.Watson

• My team and me have been working on this game, Super Laser, for many months. We finally have the Lite version done and it's now available on App Store.

Super Laser is a classic Sci-Fi vertical shooter for iPhone and iPod Touch. All theā€¦

Submitted by Dr Watson on

I'm pretty new to modelling (this will be my 3rd model so far if I manage to finish it [:p] ) but I think this is a good learning experience for me so I give it a go anyway. Here is my rough concept design. I knew I have a slow start. Just hope I have enough time to finish the model [;)]

[img]http://khors.uhome.net/models/concept003c.jpg[/img]

C&C and welcome. Thanks [:)]

Submitted by adie on Thu, 20/03/03 - 10:55 PM Permalink

her legs are to long(her hands should come to just above the knee, pelvise is a bit long to , but u might like the legs long and sexy , if so try and exaggerate the shape a little more ..when I design for low polly 3d i try and draw things a bit square'sh so it makes it a bit easyer to work out how i will moddle it..nice clean design though..good luck hope u have time :)

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 20/03/03 - 11:21 PM Permalink

adie: with average human proportions the knee is about one hand length from the finger tips, his are pretty close to that.
Her right leg looks like its in a painfull position though, looks like its be chicken winged.

Submitted by adie on Fri, 21/03/03 - 2:32 AM Permalink

hehe yeah chickend winged .. i think its been drawn like that to show the leg from a different angle , to give u more of an idear of what its going to looks like ..and yeah geuse your right about the leg proportions..

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Fri, 21/03/03 - 5:40 AM Permalink

i always find that if something doesnt look right and you cant see what, i use this technique that i picked up from some drawing manual somewhere.
get a mirror and look at your drawing from its reflection.
its strange but it actually works, it allows you to look at your drawing from a completely different perspective.

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 21/03/03 - 7:48 AM Permalink

that or turning it upside down.

Submitted by Dr Watson on Fri, 21/03/03 - 7:58 AM Permalink

Thanks for the comments [:I]

adie: guess I've read too much Japanese manga. It has become my habit to draw characters with long legs and big eyes [:p]

malus: chicken wing? Isn't she tasty [:p] It wasn't planned that way. When I nearly finished the drawing, I found her whole body leans towards to the left too much. So I have to draw her right leg that way to give the character more balance [B)] She'll be right in her low poly model form [:)]

shiptu_shaboo: yes, I used to hold up my drawing to a light source and see from the other side of the paper (same effect as looking at it from mirror) I found my drawings looks funny most of the time [8)]

Posted by Dr Watson on

I'm pretty new to modelling (this will be my 3rd model so far if I manage to finish it [:p] ) but I think this is a good learning experience for me so I give it a go anyway. Here is my rough concept design. I knew I have a slow start. Just hope I have enough time to finish the model [;)]

[img]http://khors.uhome.net/models/concept003c.jpg[/img]

C&C and welcome. Thanks [:)]

Submitted by adie on Thu, 20/03/03 - 10:55 PM Permalink

her legs are to long(her hands should come to just above the knee, pelvise is a bit long to , but u might like the legs long and sexy , if so try and exaggerate the shape a little more ..when I design for low polly 3d i try and draw things a bit square'sh so it makes it a bit easyer to work out how i will moddle it..nice clean design though..good luck hope u have time :)

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 20/03/03 - 11:21 PM Permalink

adie: with average human proportions the knee is about one hand length from the finger tips, his are pretty close to that.
Her right leg looks like its in a painfull position though, looks like its be chicken winged.

Submitted by adie on Fri, 21/03/03 - 2:32 AM Permalink

hehe yeah chickend winged .. i think its been drawn like that to show the leg from a different angle , to give u more of an idear of what its going to looks like ..and yeah geuse your right about the leg proportions..

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Fri, 21/03/03 - 5:40 AM Permalink

i always find that if something doesnt look right and you cant see what, i use this technique that i picked up from some drawing manual somewhere.
get a mirror and look at your drawing from its reflection.
its strange but it actually works, it allows you to look at your drawing from a completely different perspective.

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 21/03/03 - 7:48 AM Permalink

that or turning it upside down.

Submitted by Dr Watson on Fri, 21/03/03 - 7:58 AM Permalink

Thanks for the comments [:I]

adie: guess I've read too much Japanese manga. It has become my habit to draw characters with long legs and big eyes [:p]

malus: chicken wing? Isn't she tasty [:p] It wasn't planned that way. When I nearly finished the drawing, I found her whole body leans towards to the left too much. So I have to draw her right leg that way to give the character more balance [B)] She'll be right in her low poly model form [:)]

shiptu_shaboo: yes, I used to hold up my drawing to a light source and see from the other side of the paper (same effect as looking at it from mirror) I found my drawings looks funny most of the time [8)]