Sumea Challenge #7 - goodgod - Challenger #11

Hello!!

Yeah I'll take part.

My first concept sketches for this challenge, what do you think?
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/goodgod/2005416202039_concept_1.j...
I'll add the glowy bits later.

conundrum's picture

judging by your entry last comp this should be pretty good. the only thing i'd suggest is a bit more variation in the suit so that its less symetrical. thats all though, i'm looking forward to seeing it in 3d.

goodgod's picture

conundrum's picture

awesome work, that has a great sense of charcter to it especially the face. The sense of weight is very nice, seems a bit bland at the moment but i'm sure the texturing should add the necessary detail. looking forward to more progress

souri's picture

Hey, that's looking very nice. He looks a little bit stunted in height, but otherwise a very cool model!

Lechy's picture

Great looking model and neat work with the head. After seeing your previous challenge I'm looking forward to the texture.

cheers.

DamienP's picture

Looks great, really like the face.

goodgod's picture

Alright, this is my texture so far. The colour scheme isn?t final but I don?t have much free time to spend on this project so I?m just going to have to do my best to getting it finished. Crits are very welcome as I need some more direction. Thank you.

Insert Image: [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/goodgod/2005628101233_space_night...

conundrum's picture

looking pretty awesome, can't wait for the final, only cir would be a little bit more contrast but that ought to come eventually anyway

Johnn's picture

the ornate armour was right out of left field for me! but it look very good and is working well - I think the direction you are travelling now is just fine :)

souri's picture

Well done, you're challenger #11! (if you want to edit your post to add a money shot, you can, but you have till 12 EST)

popawheelie's picture

Gratz! Great job! that money shot is on the money :)

I really dig the pose of this character. I have to ask, is that your face? (i sometimes do that, cheaper than subscribing to 3dSK ;) )
Congrats again.

Pop

MoonUnit's picture

top work as allways, that head is really something!

goodgod's picture

Oops, I made the image too big, and yeah it has some resemblance but only a tiny bit because I only have my self to refer to most of the time, and I?m a bit stingy with money.

Souri, I really enjoyed taking part in this challenge so I?d like to say thank you for making it possible, and I am pretty sure, I wouldn?t have the 3d modelling skills that I have today if it wasn?t for these challenges. So any way, should I change the image size to 800x600?

oh yeah sould I have the poly count and texure size on the money shot?

unknownuser2's picture

My Favourite by far - excellent job goodgod [:)]

conundrum's picture

awesome work, i think you'll certainly be in with a good shot at clinching this one (which is deserving considering how close you were last time). once again yours is my fave, a great model and some brilliant texturing, overall its a very clean design that you executed brilliantly.

DamienP's picture

This is brilliant, I love all those different textures you've done, really professional stuff. I can definitely see this entry winning the comp, it's definately my number one pick.

tojo's picture

hey dude... just want to say nice work..

yours was my personal favourite last time round... and same this challenge..

really tidy texturing... and a well balanced model... my only crit is that perhaps the armour looks a bit flat in areas and the rivots kinda make it look a bit retro .... not sure if that was what you were going for...

but overall it looks great and really is a pro effort..

thumbs up[:)]