Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #7 - 3DArty - Challenger #1

Submitted by 3DArty on

JETPACKJACK

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 18/04/05 - 8:14 AM Permalink

ooooh looking nice, the blue bits under the skin are pretty non descript though. making them appear more of a surface or something might look better.

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 18/04/05 - 11:28 AM Permalink

looking good, very fast and impressive work on the texture. i especially like the headset and the blue glow it creates on the skin, it will be good to see how the rest of the body looks. it would be nice to see it against a lighter background so that the features are easier to pick out. keep it up

Submitted by 3DArty on Wed, 04/05/05 - 4:37 PM Permalink

Hi all. Here is some more on JETPACKJACK, I did not get as much done as I would have liked but it is slowly getting there, what you see is just the texture no lighting its just a stand max render. as you can see there is still a bit more to go but it should be all done soon I hope.

I will repost this one again once I get done.

Submitted by Kezza on Wed, 04/05/05 - 9:59 PM Permalink

Very nice!
have you given thought what unreal material effects you're going to use?

Submitted by 3DArty on Wed, 04/05/05 - 10:53 PM Permalink

thx, And no I still need to work out how to use them and get the progam its not something that ive used, but i still have 2 months to learn.lol

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 11/05/05 - 9:06 AM Permalink

Whilst its technically well done, the design is kind of...well, weird.

THe armour seems to be a collection of random detials. It just doesnt look like armour (well to my anyway). The chest piece is alright but the rest are just too noisy. Like the shin gaurds for example, its hard to tell what is going on as there is so much going on, it looks like you have just gone bananas with little indents here and there.
The colours also could use some toning down. There are a lot of different and bold colours going on, they all seem to be fighting each other for my eyes attention.

This probably sounds a little harsh, but I am only saying this becuase I think you have the technical skills to pull off a really nice texture.
You just need to think more about the design as it is soo important. When it goes ingame, poeple wont be care if it isnt 100% pixal perfect rendered, if it is a well constructed, well designed thought out character(or whatever) then it will really stand out.

Just my 02cents :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/05/05 - 9:23 AM Permalink

gotta agree with makk and personally id like to see something that really breaks away from the basic human male silouhette in the design. a neat feature of armour or something. i know theres the jepacks and eyepeice but take like the silouhette of the front view and it becomes less noticable

like makk said you really have the technical skills, so itd be great to see them taken to their full potential.

Submitted by 3DArty on Wed, 11/05/05 - 7:37 PM Permalink

No thats cool guys im just more or less playing around with it at the momment.

Im hoping it will look a lot better at the end im just playing with a few things till i see how it looks and what parts look better.
I gess I have a strange way of doing things lol[;)]

Again thx for the feed back its always good
too keep me on my toes,I find I work better
under (hi psi).

Submitted by Lechy on Sat, 14/05/05 - 11:59 PM Permalink

The one problem I have when looking at this is that the armour looks like it's painted on his skin, especially around the thighs and arms. I think that had you extruded the armour like you did on the shins then you would get a better effect. cheers.

Submitted by pk on Sun, 15/05/05 - 7:13 PM Permalink

Hi 3darty, the texture is looking pretty good mate! I agree with Lechy, regarding the armour plates needing to be extruded away from the body. Whats the poly count? It looks like you would have enough polys to do this and also still heaps of time left too. How's the job hunting going, i just sent my cv/reel out to some of the local companies last week and plan to send it out to some others this week.

Submitted by Lechy on Sat, 21/05/05 - 8:31 PM Permalink

Looking better now around the legs and neck. Perhaps some more dynamic poses and camera angles with the action shot. cheers.

Submitted by 3DArty on Tue, 31/05/05 - 11:52 AM Permalink

Ok this is me done.[:D]

Polygon Count: 3492

K Byrnes
3D.Arty

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 31/05/05 - 5:29 PM Permalink

Excellent job, well done!
That shot of him in flight is pretty cool! [:D]

Submitted by IronhideNT on Thu, 02/06/05 - 10:03 AM Permalink

Congratulations! Superb work particularly texturing.

Submitted by 3DArty on Fri, 03/06/05 - 9:54 PM Permalink

Thx Guys.

And best of luck to all in the challenge.

Submitted by Lechy on Sat, 04/06/05 - 8:21 AM Permalink

Finished already! bloody hell I gotta get cracking with my model.

Top work and good luck.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 20/06/05 - 4:37 AM Permalink

Congrats 3DArty. You're challenger #1!

Submitted by 3DArty on Mon, 04/07/05 - 5:01 AM Permalink

I know this is a bit late but here is the 3d lines the way it was ment to be done, sorry if this was late Souri. but the ones that I first did are hard to see. as you can see. Im not sure if I can do this but here go,s.

Posted by 3DArty on

JETPACKJACK

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 18/04/05 - 8:14 AM Permalink

ooooh looking nice, the blue bits under the skin are pretty non descript though. making them appear more of a surface or something might look better.

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 18/04/05 - 11:28 AM Permalink

looking good, very fast and impressive work on the texture. i especially like the headset and the blue glow it creates on the skin, it will be good to see how the rest of the body looks. it would be nice to see it against a lighter background so that the features are easier to pick out. keep it up

Submitted by 3DArty on Wed, 04/05/05 - 4:37 PM Permalink

Hi all. Here is some more on JETPACKJACK, I did not get as much done as I would have liked but it is slowly getting there, what you see is just the texture no lighting its just a stand max render. as you can see there is still a bit more to go but it should be all done soon I hope.

I will repost this one again once I get done.

Submitted by Kezza on Wed, 04/05/05 - 9:59 PM Permalink

Very nice!
have you given thought what unreal material effects you're going to use?

Submitted by 3DArty on Wed, 04/05/05 - 10:53 PM Permalink

thx, And no I still need to work out how to use them and get the progam its not something that ive used, but i still have 2 months to learn.lol

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 11/05/05 - 9:06 AM Permalink

Whilst its technically well done, the design is kind of...well, weird.

THe armour seems to be a collection of random detials. It just doesnt look like armour (well to my anyway). The chest piece is alright but the rest are just too noisy. Like the shin gaurds for example, its hard to tell what is going on as there is so much going on, it looks like you have just gone bananas with little indents here and there.
The colours also could use some toning down. There are a lot of different and bold colours going on, they all seem to be fighting each other for my eyes attention.

This probably sounds a little harsh, but I am only saying this becuase I think you have the technical skills to pull off a really nice texture.
You just need to think more about the design as it is soo important. When it goes ingame, poeple wont be care if it isnt 100% pixal perfect rendered, if it is a well constructed, well designed thought out character(or whatever) then it will really stand out.

Just my 02cents :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/05/05 - 9:23 AM Permalink

gotta agree with makk and personally id like to see something that really breaks away from the basic human male silouhette in the design. a neat feature of armour or something. i know theres the jepacks and eyepeice but take like the silouhette of the front view and it becomes less noticable

like makk said you really have the technical skills, so itd be great to see them taken to their full potential.

Submitted by 3DArty on Wed, 11/05/05 - 7:37 PM Permalink

No thats cool guys im just more or less playing around with it at the momment.

Im hoping it will look a lot better at the end im just playing with a few things till i see how it looks and what parts look better.
I gess I have a strange way of doing things lol[;)]

Again thx for the feed back its always good
too keep me on my toes,I find I work better
under (hi psi).

Submitted by Lechy on Sat, 14/05/05 - 11:59 PM Permalink

The one problem I have when looking at this is that the armour looks like it's painted on his skin, especially around the thighs and arms. I think that had you extruded the armour like you did on the shins then you would get a better effect. cheers.

Submitted by pk on Sun, 15/05/05 - 7:13 PM Permalink

Hi 3darty, the texture is looking pretty good mate! I agree with Lechy, regarding the armour plates needing to be extruded away from the body. Whats the poly count? It looks like you would have enough polys to do this and also still heaps of time left too. How's the job hunting going, i just sent my cv/reel out to some of the local companies last week and plan to send it out to some others this week.

Submitted by Lechy on Sat, 21/05/05 - 8:31 PM Permalink

Looking better now around the legs and neck. Perhaps some more dynamic poses and camera angles with the action shot. cheers.

Submitted by 3DArty on Tue, 31/05/05 - 11:52 AM Permalink

Ok this is me done.[:D]

Polygon Count: 3492

K Byrnes
3D.Arty

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 31/05/05 - 5:29 PM Permalink

Excellent job, well done!
That shot of him in flight is pretty cool! [:D]

Submitted by IronhideNT on Thu, 02/06/05 - 10:03 AM Permalink

Congratulations! Superb work particularly texturing.

Submitted by 3DArty on Fri, 03/06/05 - 9:54 PM Permalink

Thx Guys.

And best of luck to all in the challenge.

Submitted by Lechy on Sat, 04/06/05 - 8:21 AM Permalink

Finished already! bloody hell I gotta get cracking with my model.

Top work and good luck.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 20/06/05 - 4:37 AM Permalink

Congrats 3DArty. You're challenger #1!

Submitted by 3DArty on Mon, 04/07/05 - 5:01 AM Permalink

I know this is a bit late but here is the 3d lines the way it was ment to be done, sorry if this was late Souri. but the ones that I first did are hard to see. as you can see. Im not sure if I can do this but here go,s.