Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #1 -3D- Adie

Submitted by adie on

ok here it is ...its all a bit rushed ..only 656 polys so far I'llhave to go back and add more detail.. started him yesterday.. but i dont think hell be ready till tomorrow lunch time[:(]

[L]sprofilepic.asp[L2]pic=85_BEASTY.jpg&news=264&id=85&name=Adie&forum[/L]

Submitted by beatsta on Thu, 06/02/03 - 5:49 PM Permalink

I wld only say, look at the proportions of the character, the concept drawing looks as tho the character is hunched over but if he was upright then his hands wldnt be past his knees, as the proportions look unrealistic, and those calves are way too short.... ( calves.shins are the same lenght as the tigh. Think of balance for the character and the lines of the character flowing. yr texturing looks good, but if you used a pen then they cld be much better..(teehee) and why rush it? why only use 656 polys when its supposed to be 3000? why not use as many polys as the requirements and use it for yr portfolio? and use the time up until the deadline

Hope you wanted sum feedback like this.... [:)]

Submitted by adie on Thu, 06/02/03 - 9:28 PM Permalink

yeah i see what u mean about the claves there a bit shawt hey ...but i like the arms a bit longer and i dont realy think hes that hes hunched over because hes got that gerdel thing on and he wouldnt be doing mutch sloutching with that thing on ..ow and i am using a wacom how'd u thik i drew that skin without one ..he he he

Submitted by adie on Thu, 06/02/03 - 9:38 PM Permalink

Its only 656 polys becase i like to add detal in later when all the texturing is done so I only have detail where I need it

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 06/02/03 - 10:28 PM Permalink

Going well, but (and I?m sorry to be picky) that model is in no way 656 poly, just a quick count not including the head puts you above 800 and I wasn't picking out the little ones when I counted. Are you counting triangles or quads? Because quads aren?t polys regardless of what your program tells you. If your using max convert to editable mesh before using the poly count utility to get a correct count.

Pantmonger

Submitted by adie on Thu, 06/02/03 - 11:00 PM Permalink

hey thanks Pantmonger didnt no that max dosent count properly when its a editpoly .. I was thinking that it must be more than 656 my self..3078 faces thats Like 1534 pollys isnt it???

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 07/02/03 - 8:12 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by adie

3078 faces thats Like 1534 pollys isnt it???

every face (ie tri) is a poly.

Pantmonger

Submitted by beatsta on Thu, 13/02/03 - 4:58 PM Permalink

adie, your final textures look fantastic!!! well done man, hope you are pleased [:)]
keep em comin [:)]

and i mean the final textures that are posted with your profile and not the ones in the sumea challenge results.. as at this hour they
are different....

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 13/02/03 - 9:18 PM Permalink

Adie: Texture looks great man, hey is that a cane toad skin, you just scanned in?

Submitted by adie on Thu, 13/02/03 - 10:35 PM Permalink

yes i did scan in a cane toad key ring my bro broght back from QLD then made a brush using deep paint and paited the bits i wanted then fixed it up useing photoshop the face & the hands of the creature I drew by hand it was a lot qicker than cloning bits of the scan

it woud have been qicker to hand draw the hole thing now I look back at it because the half the time texturing was spent cloning and stuffing around geting the bits i wanted ...

[?]hope i dont loose any marks for using a scan because it ended up harder thand just drawing it

Posted by adie on

ok here it is ...its all a bit rushed ..only 656 polys so far I'llhave to go back and add more detail.. started him yesterday.. but i dont think hell be ready till tomorrow lunch time[:(]

[L]sprofilepic.asp[L2]pic=85_BEASTY.jpg&news=264&id=85&name=Adie&forum[/L]

Submitted by beatsta on Thu, 06/02/03 - 5:49 PM Permalink

I wld only say, look at the proportions of the character, the concept drawing looks as tho the character is hunched over but if he was upright then his hands wldnt be past his knees, as the proportions look unrealistic, and those calves are way too short.... ( calves.shins are the same lenght as the tigh. Think of balance for the character and the lines of the character flowing. yr texturing looks good, but if you used a pen then they cld be much better..(teehee) and why rush it? why only use 656 polys when its supposed to be 3000? why not use as many polys as the requirements and use it for yr portfolio? and use the time up until the deadline

Hope you wanted sum feedback like this.... [:)]

Submitted by adie on Thu, 06/02/03 - 9:28 PM Permalink

yeah i see what u mean about the claves there a bit shawt hey ...but i like the arms a bit longer and i dont realy think hes that hes hunched over because hes got that gerdel thing on and he wouldnt be doing mutch sloutching with that thing on ..ow and i am using a wacom how'd u thik i drew that skin without one ..he he he

Submitted by adie on Thu, 06/02/03 - 9:38 PM Permalink

Its only 656 polys becase i like to add detal in later when all the texturing is done so I only have detail where I need it

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 06/02/03 - 10:28 PM Permalink

Going well, but (and I?m sorry to be picky) that model is in no way 656 poly, just a quick count not including the head puts you above 800 and I wasn't picking out the little ones when I counted. Are you counting triangles or quads? Because quads aren?t polys regardless of what your program tells you. If your using max convert to editable mesh before using the poly count utility to get a correct count.

Pantmonger

Submitted by adie on Thu, 06/02/03 - 11:00 PM Permalink

hey thanks Pantmonger didnt no that max dosent count properly when its a editpoly .. I was thinking that it must be more than 656 my self..3078 faces thats Like 1534 pollys isnt it???

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 07/02/03 - 8:12 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by adie

3078 faces thats Like 1534 pollys isnt it???

every face (ie tri) is a poly.

Pantmonger

Submitted by beatsta on Thu, 13/02/03 - 4:58 PM Permalink

adie, your final textures look fantastic!!! well done man, hope you are pleased [:)]
keep em comin [:)]

and i mean the final textures that are posted with your profile and not the ones in the sumea challenge results.. as at this hour they
are different....

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 13/02/03 - 9:18 PM Permalink

Adie: Texture looks great man, hey is that a cane toad skin, you just scanned in?

Submitted by adie on Thu, 13/02/03 - 10:35 PM Permalink

yes i did scan in a cane toad key ring my bro broght back from QLD then made a brush using deep paint and paited the bits i wanted then fixed it up useing photoshop the face & the hands of the creature I drew by hand it was a lot qicker than cloning bits of the scan

it woud have been qicker to hand draw the hole thing now I look back at it because the half the time texturing was spent cloning and stuffing around geting the bits i wanted ...

[?]hope i dont loose any marks for using a scan because it ended up harder thand just drawing it