Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #2 Results

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on

Ok, here are the final submissions for the Sumea Challenge #2.. Thanks to all those who took part - some absolutely inspiring work here. Please make your votes in this thread!!! Give each challenger a place out of 6 positions, and a comment if you like.. e.g

Challenger #1 - (name) 1st ... I like this because.....
Challenger #2 - (name) 2nd ... comment here etc

and so on.. (be sure to visit their threads to get a closer look at their entry!!) .. Voting will close in a week..

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=461&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C1-drbadvibes1.j…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C1-drbadvibes2.j…]

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=440&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C2-pantmonger1.j…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C2-pantmonger2.j…]

Challenger #3 - Idaho
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=448&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C3-idaho1.jpg[/i…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C3-idaho2.jpg[/i…]

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=421&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C4-danward1.jpg[…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C4-danward2.jpg[…]

Challenger #5 - Malus
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=415&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C5-malus1.jpg[/i…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C5-malus2.jpg[/i…]

Challenger #6 - David Coen
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=462
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C6-davidcoen2.jp…]

Submitted by redwyre on Sat, 05/04/03 - 12:58 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st]
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [5th]
Challenger #3 - Idaho [4th]
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd]
Challenger #5 - Malus [6th]
Challenger #6 - David Coen [3rd]

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 05/04/03 - 1:04 PM Permalink

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd]
Challenger #5 - Malus [5th]
Challenger #6 - David Coen [6th]

well done guys :[8D]

Submitted by timbrex on Sat, 05/04/03 - 4:54 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st]...u got my No.1 vote for excellent art work and originality...Bravo!!!
Challenger #6 - David Coen [5th]
...and well done to the rest of you.

Submitted by Shaetano on Sat, 05/04/03 - 7:14 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] - Excellent texturing, great desert warrior feel, though I would of liked to have seen the gun model instead of the sword (which still looks awesome :P). Being posed also adds greatly to it.

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] - Another great model. Definitely fits right into the subject matter. Personally the orange faceplate looks a little off. Would of been great to of seen her posed in her different modes :).

Challenger #3 - Idaho [5th] - Again another very nice entry, though I think some more cyborg "modifications" wouldn't of gone astry, still had 320 polys to play around with. :)

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] - Great modelling and texturing, big improvement from the first challenge. Some experience helped heaps in bringing out your obvious talent. The detail on the back legs and arms are amazing. Posed shots would of added a new dimension to it.

Challenger #5 - Malus [4th] - Great hardcore american tank techno soldier feel. Can almost hear him screaming at you to do 20 more pushups ;).

Challenger #6 - David Coen [6th] - Excellent looking chick :). Nice texturing and body armor, got the whole Guyver twin blade feel going on. Would of looked very good with some action poses.

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 05/04/03 - 7:55 PM Permalink

Challenger #3 - Idaho [6th]
Challenger #6 - David Coen [4th]Really Like the hair :)

These are all good models, why not use them all in the Sumea mod if thats still going, It was meant to be a sort of class based tactical shooter wasnt it, well heres your classes.

Submitted by Idaho on Sat, 05/04/03 - 8:20 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st]- what can i say....amazing! *squirts some tears of joy
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [4rd]- Great work, followed concept well, more texture detail wouldve
been cool.
Challenger #3 - Idaho [3th]- come on i had to vote for myself somewhere *blushes
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd]- excellent work, you are improving at a rapid rate! congratz!
Challenger #5 - Malus [6th] - Great model! but the texture is very static in a lot of places, u
should put it in ut2003 ;)
Challenger #6 - David Coen [5th]- This is excellent i love the texture!

Submitted by mochumbo on Sat, 05/04/03 - 8:23 PM Permalink

First up great work everyone, the standard of work over the last challenge is up! It made it very hard to vote.

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [2nd] - Just nudged out of first place, very cool battle tech/future ninja type feel. But ultimately let down by a very small render. Give us close ups! So we can see the details you have created!.

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [4th] - Great concept and great model again, would have been nice to see more details painted on the texture though.

Challenger #3 - Idaho [1st] - Like the post apoc feel, stuck out as a little bit different from all the other entries.

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [5th] - High standard of work, great modeling and texturing. The concept just lacked the punch of the other entries.

Challenger #5 - Malus [6th] - Great texturing, the detail painted for the face is outstanding. Unfortunately up against some very stiff competition.

Challenger #6 - David Coen [3rd] - Brilliant face and hair on this one, although the body is good it isn't up to the same standard as the head and holds it back from the top-dog position.

**My voting was done by only viewing the images posted here.

Submitted by Brain on Sat, 05/04/03 - 9:31 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] - A great original character. Very nice texture work with very little wasted space. Would be a great character to animate, and easily see it in-game.
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] - A great looking character with excellent distribution of polys and very good texture usage. Could do with a little variation in tones, just to make things stand out a litte more from each other, but apart from that, impressive. @:-)
Challenger #3 - Idaho [6th] - This guy could fit into the Dune universe, like a Freeman or something, which is rad! The modeling is well done, but looks to be a bit of wasted space that could be used in the texture. Some harder shading and highlights could be used to define form better (for example, the goggles could look a little more inset and curved). I happen to really like that wound on his stomach. @:-D
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] - A very sturdy and chunky looking character. This guy wouldn't go down easy. @:-) The texture elements could be arranged to fully take advantage of the available space, but still very good. Great texture work.
Challenger #5 - Malus [4th] - He's got a comic kind of feel to him that I love! Nice detailed texturing, but shading in some areas (notice it mostly in the flamethrower area) could've been enhanced. I love the muscles though. Great stuff!
Challenger #6 - David Coen [5th] - Always love a kick-arse babe @;-) Very nice poly use and good texturing (love the rusty-ness of it!), though it could use some more detailed shading and highlights to break up the patterning going on. Perhaps something around the neck too; a feature of some sought, though unsure what. The hair is faboo! @:-D

Brilliant work everyone! You make it tough to rank. *thumbs up*

Submitted by Poison the Well on Sat, 05/04/03 - 10:48 PM Permalink

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [5th]
Challenger #5 - Malus [2nd]
Challenger #6 - David Coen [4th]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sat, 05/04/03 - 11:03 PM Permalink

Sorry this is not a vote just a reminder.
A lot of comments have been made about, pose and concept and the like. These aspects are not ment to be part of the comp.

Quick cut and paste reminder of the rules of the comp below as written by rgreen

"The focus is on Modelling and Texturing.

There is no need to rig or animate the character.

The quality of the concepts will not be considered when judging the entry. The focus will be on Modelling and Texturing (and as Malus said this includes good quality UVing)."

Judge, but judge fairly.
Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 05/04/03 - 11:26 PM Permalink

First up can I just say that this comp is based on the mesh, uv map and the texturing not bloody poses or concept. I was penalised last time for that and its really not valid. Ok rant over.

There where some great entries this time, good to see things getting better.

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] - If it was up to concept and style you'd win hands down buddy, that pic rocked. Unfortunately I think you didn't use the polygons effectively, especially in his thighs I counted around 98 wasted there alone, they could have been used to add more shape to other areas, the texture is really good too but it seems a little dull on the texture sheet. Good to see some more talent heading over to Sumea.

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [2nd] - Nice use of polygons throught the mesh, texture is great too, the uvw map like mine could use some work, not much but it may have too many seams. (Don't hit me pants [:P])

Challenger #3 - Idaho [6th] - Didn't use all the polygons allocated which may have helped stop it looking as blocky, the proportions are off too and the textures are a bit flat (and I suspect photosourced, I know its allowed but I don't feel much work has been put in to changing them). I do like the idea though, just don't think it came off.

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [4th] - I like the idea of this guy and you optimised it from the larger version well. The textures well done but a little bland, the mesh is well built but the form is a little strange, something in the proportions doesn't sit right. Good job though man.

Challenger #5 - Malus [3rd] - I think my mesh is clean and well optimised, will deform well and my texture is detailed. The UVW map could use more work but not enough to warrant to much points off.

Challenger #6 - David Coen [5th] - Same problems as Idahos mainly but your mesh was better overall, the proportions and shape of her legs are pretty off too. And your hair looks like its just pencil sratchings on white paper scanned in. Sorry dude harsh I know.

Good luck everyone.

Submitted by lava monkey on Sun, 06/04/03 - 12:20 AM Permalink

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3th]
Challenger #6 - David Coen [5rd]

Submitted by Dan Ward on Sun, 06/04/03 - 12:21 AM Permalink

Just for the record I don't think that people who have entered the comp should vote, its to hard to be objective when you have spent the amount of time building these things that we all have.

I agree with pants/malus though about the posing thing .. we all know that posing adds hugely to the overall impact of a model and it wasnt a part of this challenge.

That being said I still think DrBadvibes model is the best one here overall, the guy has been modelling for 4+ years and it shows.

Are you getting the industry peeps to have a look at the entries again Souri? It would be good to have a bit more feedback from "outsiders" Sumea has a relatively small community and alot of the regulars know each other personally making the voting somewhat dubious.

Submitted by rezn0r on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:42 AM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [2nd]
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [4th]
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [1st] - Excellent model and brilliant optimising!
Challenger #5 - Malus [3rd]

Submitted by Idaho on Sun, 06/04/03 - 5:07 AM Permalink

I knew this voting system would be a bit biased, plus people are getting all cranky coz they arent being voted for. people who entered should be blocked form this forum. and i think in the future it should be left upto a board of judges. :) cheers all for your entrys, cant wait to see the next ones in 'Sumea challenge #3'!!!

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:28 PM Permalink

I'm gonna try give some comments and criticisms here, I hope no one takes these as personal attacks, please take what I say constructively, as that is how it is given.

Efficient use of the polies allocated, with a nice even poly distribution. Texture is very cool, with even pixel distribution.
Very high quality work, I like it.. Why not higher? - I personally preferred the gun, the sword is cool, but just doesn't do it for me.

Good clean model, nice proportions and good anatomy, some more assymetry would be nice, but its solid without. The texture I think could have used a bit more colour, I think if that green is going to be used, it needs to be backed up by a camo type thing. Why not higher? - The texture I don't think suited the character to well, it needed more colours as stated before.

Challenger #3 - Idaho [5th]
Efficient model, with some creative use of polies around the upper torso area. Proportions(char needs to be roughly 7-8 heads tall- legs needed to be longer in your case), and failure to use the rest of the polycount to add details to reach the 3k poly target (strap around leg and buckle thing on shoe on concept for example) hurt what is otherwise, a very well made 2500 poly character. Remember, there is always stuff you can add :).
The texture I think needs work, some areas have been done quite well (the pants for one) but other parts scream rush job. Take the time to get the lighting and other hard to do details done right.. Otherwise they end up detracting from the model.. Areas to work on are the arms.. I think with a bit more of a sunburnt/tanned look it would be a nicely polished character. Why not higher? - the reasons I mentioned above..

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [1st]
I'm really impressed by the improvements dan has made, the model, I think is outstanding, poly use is very clean, and hes got alot of details out of the count. Everything looks very smooth, and has a nice "weighted" feel to it. The texture kicks ass, it doesn't look super fantastic on the flat, but on the model it really stands out. There are enough small variations on the basic tones to keep him from looking monochromatic, and the eye is immediately drawn to the upper torso/head - something i really like.

I think if you had a bit more time to work on this guy, he'd be kicking alot more ass. Kudos for making him in maya too.
The model looks pretty sweet, I really like the head, though no doubt there is some insane amount of polies in there :)
I think his arms could be beefier - huge bulky bastards! But it still looks cool I especially like the dual 50 cals on his arm, though I think modelling drums would have looked cooler, and you would never have to worry about animating the swish of that (trust me, pain in the ass).
Texture is nicely done, I would have liked to have seen some more military type stuff (medals etc) but oh well :).
Why not higher? - This was a hard one :) I felt it lacked the polish that the Drbadvibes and Dans characters had. The boots also act as a focal point (eyes go straight to them when i first looked at it) which I feel detracts from the overall quality..

This character failed to hit my "ahh cool" nerve center. Theres nothing especially wrong with her, just a few niggly things.
The model is quite efficient, with lots of nice accessories.. At the same time, she looks boxy, and almost completely symetrical.
The texture has some very nice details, but I'll just say that the rusty colour tone was a very brave choice to go with the very pale skin and hair :)
Why not higher? - The things mentioned above mainly. I know you entered the challenge later than most, and I know how quickly you work, maybe next time a little more patience?

Congrats to everyone who entered, and you're all lucky my hard drive is on its last legs :)
(apologies is my ramblings became non-sensical at any point during this post.. It is 3:30 am after all.)

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:45 PM Permalink

challenger 1# DrBadVibes *1*: simply because it looks the best, thats all that really matters in the end.

2# Pantmonger *2*: nice texturing, good balance of colours.

3# Idaho *5*: the texturing is good, design lets it down

4# Dan Ward *3*: great design

5# malus *4*: very clean looking mesh, a very good understanding of mesh optimising

6# David Coen : i love her face, the texturing needs some diversity and the concept needs some risk

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/04/03 - 11:21 PM Permalink

Splodge, from Polycount ..

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [2st]
Challenger #5 - Malus [4th]

Submitted by animal on Mon, 07/04/03 - 5:34 AM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] Wow, so much character from a robot
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [4th] great work, still looks like a duck beak to me
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] Huge improvement overall in all areas from 1st challenge, congrads
Challenger #5 - Malus [3rd] Really proficient in all aspects just you textures lack impact

Great stuff from everyone really, i don't really think i'm up to par yet with all of you, would have been good to have finished mine in time though.

I agree that there should be judges, not us voting next time.1) Some votes could too bias towards themselves 2) some of the voters might not understand the criteria of the competition (ie, apparently the concept/idea wasn't supposed to be taken into account and in that case should have been more like the first comp with a single concept to work from, so the concept quality/orinality etc should be part of the criteria next time or taken out of the equalion all together with a single concept. The variety was cool this time compared to last but i think the concepts gave some an advantage over others that shouldn't it have.(plus my concept art sux at this point anyway,[:)])

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 07/04/03 - 10:01 AM Permalink

Wanted to clear up some things concernig my inital post. I'm not actually cranky about not being voted, it would be a bit weak on my part if that was the case, although ego is a little bruised about the 6th place ones, ouch. [:P]

There where a few guys being penalised for lack of pose etc so that post wasn't just about me.

quote:Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] ... Posed shots would of added a new dimension to it...
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] -... Would of been great to of seen her posed in her different modes....

Just after last time I thought we had settled the voting thing and everyone was in agreeance.

I do definetely stand by my comments on the technical issues but I ammended my vote as I believe people want to vote on an overall 'feel' not on technical aspects, so I'll do it as such.

Thanks guys, and good luck DrBadvibes and Pant's, the heats on you 2 this time. [;)]

Submitted by souri on Mon, 07/04/03 - 1:56 PM Permalink

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [2rd]
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [3st]

Commentary..
First of all, fantastic work from everyone. I'm sure you'll agree that the bar for the Sumea Challenge has definately been risen. It's certainly a good thing, and it encourages everyone to try that extra bit harder next time, and improve themselves in the process.

Challenger #6 - David Coen [6th]This model blew me away. Lots of detail managed with the 3000 polygon limit (sword + sword cover, cape, all the stuff on his back). And the texture is great in terms of design and details. The texture doesn't quite have a quality finished look to it, but hey, DrBadVibes started late and managed to do the lot in a matter of days, and it still looks bloody good anyway [:)]
Concept reminds me of those Ninja demos on the Amiga, by Melon Dezignfrom a long time ago (if anyone remembers those!).. They had similar warped proportions, very stylised. Brilliant work.
Can't wait to see DrBadVibes animated him [:)]

Ok, the next three votes were harder for me, as they were equally impressive as each other and each had their strengths and weaknesses..

The mesh looks great, great use of all the polygons, and lots of detail and features.. Love the back pack, and the modelling on the feet. Great job on covering as much texture space as possible. Texture looks great, the armour looks like it's heavy, and metal, but I think it needed more oomph in terms of design. Stripes or some sort of decoration.. also a more higher contrasting selection of colours, rather than the green and brown.. green and white? Grey and blue..? Also the mid-riff section should perhaps be skin-toned coloured, since it looks like it's exposed skin. That would actually make it more interesting too as a whole, I think. Very cool model.

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [3rd]

Again, a very detailed model making use of all those polygons. I would've made the legs a little bit longer though - he looks a little bit stunted in stature (which might not be important, seeing as he isn't human anyway).
Texture work doesn't look too impressive when you see it in it's layed out version, but works pretty damn well when seen on the model! Lots of nice little details on the armour. Armour looks solid and heavy, and overall, a great looking model.

Great polygon modelling, very smooth looking, and a great arm gun. It's somewhat the reverse of my comment on Dan's texture with Malus's texture. It looks GREAT on layout - finished quality on the armour, with tonnes of detail.. great work on the face. I can tell a great amount of work was spent on the texture (I'd probably rate it 2nd overal), but somehow it doesn't have quite an impact on the model. It still looks good, don't get me wrong, but the armour doesn't come off as heavy looking, or as believable.. Maybe make it weathered? Or add some specular points or something.. I dunno. [:)] Still, great work by Malus..

Polygon model looks cool - definately a different approach with the others by making it human. Texturing work is cool, although maybe a little procedural looking, if you know what I mean. Maybe break it up more. Add more details like stitching (pants) etc..

Sorcorer Bob said earlier than the model looked a bit boxy, and I agree somewhat. I think the model could have been approached differently, making her more feminine and curvy - like your danger girl model. From her front on view, her hips to her knee shouldnt be that straight. Probably model all the slender curves of female legs in. Texture is a bit monotone in design, and probably the fault of the concept if it's like that originally.

Anyway, can't wait for the next challenge.. especially so that you guys can critique my work in return [;)] (I feel guilty giving critique when personally I my skills might not even match it!)

Submitted by Shaetano on Mon, 07/04/03 - 8:29 PM Permalink

Exactly my point Malus, would of replied earlier but I've been away.

Theres no doubt in anyones mind that posing does add to the overall model. Vibes has been doing modelling for 4-5 yrs so it probably came naturally to him to pose it for the added effect.
Now with the rules stuck to the very end of the forum folder with no mention on the front page its a little hard for new people (like me) to come here and not mention how great the action shots were when voting and why no-one else attempted it.

Hopefully in future challenges criteria is a little better explained for us n00bies when we go to vote :P (or have a panel of judges like the first).

Submitted by davidcoen on Tue, 08/04/03 - 9:19 AM Permalink

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/7_last_02L.jpg[/img]

the 'texture' i did. poor malnurished martian combat girl (mars being the red rust planet), you people realy should read all of 'battle angel alita'...

@Idaho 'people who entered should be blocked form this forum. and i think in the future it should be left upto a board of judges'
heh, competly disagree with this. was tempeted to do a review of peoples excuses as to why they couldn't finish a model as revenge for being rated 5th or 6th so often...

Submitted by rezn0r on Tue, 08/04/03 - 4:51 PM Permalink

Yes it was a shame that not all of the entries were able to be finished... there was some good stuff in there. Hopefully these works will be finished even though the competition is over... another portfolio piece is always good.

The quality of the entries seems to increase with every challenge, I can't wait to see what comes up in the next one.

Congrats to all that finished.

Scott.

Submitted by R32 on Tue, 08/04/03 - 9:11 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] - Very cool model - love the "painterly" style of the texture.
Challenger #5 - Malus [2nd] - Very clean modelling. Very nice detailed texture - didn't come up very well in the renders here - nothing to do with the model or texture - just the lighting for the render looks a bit flat. I think technically this is the best model and texture - nice work.
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] - Nice clean model and detailed texture. Maybe the colour scheme could be a bit more striking.
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [4th] - Nice solid model and texture.
Challenger #3 - Idaho [5th] - good stuff but sems a bit bland compared to some of the other entries.
Challenger #6 - David Coen [6th] - Not a bad model - texture needs a lot of work.

Submitted by Crystalmesh on Thu, 10/04/03 - 8:57 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] Great style, love the choice of colours you used.

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] Nice concept, you really need a secondary colour to break up all that green though and some stronger highlights to make it a bit more metallic.

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] Nice work, but your colours are looking a bit washed out, try to keep the colours in your textures alot more richer and vibrant.

Submitted by Ninja on Fri, 11/04/03 - 12:14 AM Permalink

Very nice work everyone =) [:D]

Submitted by souri on Sat, 12/04/03 - 10:39 AM Permalink

Order of challengers..

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes - 1st
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward - 2nd
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger - 3rd
Challenger #5 - Malus - 4th
Challenger #3 - Idaho - 5th
Challenger #6 - David Coen - 6th

Same point massing method as last competition.. 1st placed votes get 6 points, 6th placed votes get 1 point etc..

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1] - 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 6 6 6 6 5 5 6 5 6 6 6 6 6 - 116 points
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3] - 2 4 4 4 4 3 3 4 4 5 4 3 3 5 4 3 5 4 4 4 - 76 points
Challenger #3 - Idaho [5] - 3 3 3 2 1 4 6 1 1 1 3 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 3 - 45 points
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2] - 5 5 5 5 5 5 2 5 2 3 5 6 6 4 6 5 4 3 5 5 - 91 points
Challenger #5 - Malus [4] - 1 2 1 3 2 1 1 3 5 4 1 4 4 3 3 4 3 5 3 2 - 55 points
Challenger #6 - David Coen [6] - 4 1 2 1 3 2 4 2 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 - 37 points

20 votes total

Submitted by Dan Ward on Sat, 12/04/03 - 7:10 PM Permalink

Conga rats everyone this challenge was great, never any doubt that Badvibes would take the cake your model rocked!

Bring on C3..

Did "rgreen" end up voting? would be good to get his feedback seeing it was his idea for this challenge.

Posted by souri on

Ok, here are the final submissions for the Sumea Challenge #2.. Thanks to all those who took part - some absolutely inspiring work here. Please make your votes in this thread!!! Give each challenger a place out of 6 positions, and a comment if you like.. e.g

Challenger #1 - (name) 1st ... I like this because.....
Challenger #2 - (name) 2nd ... comment here etc

and so on.. (be sure to visit their threads to get a closer look at their entry!!) .. Voting will close in a week..

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=461&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C1-drbadvibes1.j…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C1-drbadvibes2.j…]

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=440&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C2-pantmonger1.j…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C2-pantmonger2.j…]

Challenger #3 - Idaho
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=448&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C3-idaho1.jpg[/i…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C3-idaho2.jpg[/i…]

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=421&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C4-danward1.jpg[…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C4-danward2.jpg[…]

Challenger #5 - Malus
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=415&whichpage=1
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C5-malus1.jpg[/i…]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C5-malus2.jpg[/i…]

Challenger #6 - David Coen
http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=462
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeachallenge/SC2_C6-davidcoen2.jp…]

Submitted by redwyre on Sat, 05/04/03 - 12:58 PM Permalink

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [5th]
Challenger #6 - David Coen [3rd]

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 05/04/03 - 1:04 PM Permalink

well done guys :[8D]

Submitted by timbrex on Sat, 05/04/03 - 4:54 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st]...u got my No.1 vote for excellent art work and originality...Bravo!!!
...and well done to the rest of you.

Submitted by Shaetano on Sat, 05/04/03 - 7:14 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] - Excellent texturing, great desert warrior feel, though I would of liked to have seen the gun model instead of the sword (which still looks awesome :P). Being posed also adds greatly to it.

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] - Another great model. Definitely fits right into the subject matter. Personally the orange faceplate looks a little off. Would of been great to of seen her posed in her different modes :).

Challenger #3 - Idaho [5th] - Again another very nice entry, though I think some more cyborg "modifications" wouldn't of gone astry, still had 320 polys to play around with. :)

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] - Great modelling and texturing, big improvement from the first challenge. Some experience helped heaps in bringing out your obvious talent. The detail on the back legs and arms are amazing. Posed shots would of added a new dimension to it.

Challenger #5 - Malus [4th] - Great hardcore american tank techno soldier feel. Can almost hear him screaming at you to do 20 more pushups ;).

Challenger #6 - David Coen [6th] - Excellent looking chick :). Nice texturing and body armor, got the whole Guyver twin blade feel going on. Would of looked very good with some action poses.

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 05/04/03 - 7:55 PM Permalink

Challenger #6 - David Coen [4th]Really Like the hair :)

These are all good models, why not use them all in the Sumea mod if thats still going, It was meant to be a sort of class based tactical shooter wasnt it, well heres your classes.

Submitted by Idaho on Sat, 05/04/03 - 8:20 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st]- what can i say....amazing! *squirts some tears of joy
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [4rd]- Great work, followed concept well, more texture detail wouldve
been cool.
Challenger #3 - Idaho [3th]- come on i had to vote for myself somewhere *blushes
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd]- excellent work, you are improving at a rapid rate! congratz!
Challenger #5 - Malus [6th] - Great model! but the texture is very static in a lot of places, u
should put it in ut2003 ;)
Challenger #6 - David Coen [5th]- This is excellent i love the texture!

Submitted by mochumbo on Sat, 05/04/03 - 8:23 PM Permalink

First up great work everyone, the standard of work over the last challenge is up! It made it very hard to vote.

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [2nd] - Just nudged out of first place, very cool battle tech/future ninja type feel. But ultimately let down by a very small render. Give us close ups! So we can see the details you have created!.

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [4th] - Great concept and great model again, would have been nice to see more details painted on the texture though.

Challenger #3 - Idaho [1st] - Like the post apoc feel, stuck out as a little bit different from all the other entries.

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [5th] - High standard of work, great modeling and texturing. The concept just lacked the punch of the other entries.

Challenger #5 - Malus [6th] - Great texturing, the detail painted for the face is outstanding. Unfortunately up against some very stiff competition.

Challenger #6 - David Coen [3rd] - Brilliant face and hair on this one, although the body is good it isn't up to the same standard as the head and holds it back from the top-dog position.

**My voting was done by only viewing the images posted here.

Submitted by Brain on Sat, 05/04/03 - 9:31 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] - A great original character. Very nice texture work with very little wasted space. Would be a great character to animate, and easily see it in-game.
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] - A great looking character with excellent distribution of polys and very good texture usage. Could do with a little variation in tones, just to make things stand out a litte more from each other, but apart from that, impressive. @:-)
Challenger #3 - Idaho [6th] - This guy could fit into the Dune universe, like a Freeman or something, which is rad! The modeling is well done, but looks to be a bit of wasted space that could be used in the texture. Some harder shading and highlights could be used to define form better (for example, the goggles could look a little more inset and curved). I happen to really like that wound on his stomach. @:-D
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] - A very sturdy and chunky looking character. This guy wouldn't go down easy. @:-) The texture elements could be arranged to fully take advantage of the available space, but still very good. Great texture work.
Challenger #5 - Malus [4th] - He's got a comic kind of feel to him that I love! Nice detailed texturing, but shading in some areas (notice it mostly in the flamethrower area) could've been enhanced. I love the muscles though. Great stuff!
Challenger #6 - David Coen [5th] - Always love a kick-arse babe @;-) Very nice poly use and good texturing (love the rusty-ness of it!), though it could use some more detailed shading and highlights to break up the patterning going on. Perhaps something around the neck too; a feature of some sought, though unsure what. The hair is faboo! @:-D

Brilliant work everyone! You make it tough to rank. *thumbs up*

Submitted by Poison the Well on Sat, 05/04/03 - 10:48 PM Permalink

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [5th]
Challenger #5 - Malus [2nd]
Challenger #6 - David Coen [4th]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sat, 05/04/03 - 11:03 PM Permalink

Sorry this is not a vote just a reminder.
A lot of comments have been made about, pose and concept and the like. These aspects are not ment to be part of the comp.

Quick cut and paste reminder of the rules of the comp below as written by rgreen

"The focus is on Modelling and Texturing.

There is no need to rig or animate the character.

The quality of the concepts will not be considered when judging the entry. The focus will be on Modelling and Texturing (and as Malus said this includes good quality UVing)."

Judge, but judge fairly.
Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 05/04/03 - 11:26 PM Permalink

First up can I just say that this comp is based on the mesh, uv map and the texturing not bloody poses or concept. I was penalised last time for that and its really not valid. Ok rant over.

There where some great entries this time, good to see things getting better.

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] - If it was up to concept and style you'd win hands down buddy, that pic rocked. Unfortunately I think you didn't use the polygons effectively, especially in his thighs I counted around 98 wasted there alone, they could have been used to add more shape to other areas, the texture is really good too but it seems a little dull on the texture sheet. Good to see some more talent heading over to Sumea.

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [2nd] - Nice use of polygons throught the mesh, texture is great too, the uvw map like mine could use some work, not much but it may have too many seams. (Don't hit me pants [:P])

Challenger #3 - Idaho [6th] - Didn't use all the polygons allocated which may have helped stop it looking as blocky, the proportions are off too and the textures are a bit flat (and I suspect photosourced, I know its allowed but I don't feel much work has been put in to changing them). I do like the idea though, just don't think it came off.

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [4th] - I like the idea of this guy and you optimised it from the larger version well. The textures well done but a little bland, the mesh is well built but the form is a little strange, something in the proportions doesn't sit right. Good job though man.

Challenger #5 - Malus [3rd] - I think my mesh is clean and well optimised, will deform well and my texture is detailed. The UVW map could use more work but not enough to warrant to much points off.

Challenger #6 - David Coen [5th] - Same problems as Idahos mainly but your mesh was better overall, the proportions and shape of her legs are pretty off too. And your hair looks like its just pencil sratchings on white paper scanned in. Sorry dude harsh I know.

Good luck everyone.

Submitted by lava monkey on Sun, 06/04/03 - 12:20 AM Permalink

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3th]
Challenger #6 - David Coen [5rd]

Submitted by Dan Ward on Sun, 06/04/03 - 12:21 AM Permalink

Just for the record I don't think that people who have entered the comp should vote, its to hard to be objective when you have spent the amount of time building these things that we all have.

I agree with pants/malus though about the posing thing .. we all know that posing adds hugely to the overall impact of a model and it wasnt a part of this challenge.

That being said I still think DrBadvibes model is the best one here overall, the guy has been modelling for 4+ years and it shows.

Are you getting the industry peeps to have a look at the entries again Souri? It would be good to have a bit more feedback from "outsiders" Sumea has a relatively small community and alot of the regulars know each other personally making the voting somewhat dubious.

Submitted by rezn0r on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:42 AM Permalink

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [1st] - Excellent model and brilliant optimising!

Submitted by Idaho on Sun, 06/04/03 - 5:07 AM Permalink

I knew this voting system would be a bit biased, plus people are getting all cranky coz they arent being voted for. people who entered should be blocked form this forum. and i think in the future it should be left upto a board of judges. :) cheers all for your entrys, cant wait to see the next ones in 'Sumea challenge #3'!!!

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:28 PM Permalink

I'm gonna try give some comments and criticisms here, I hope no one takes these as personal attacks, please take what I say constructively, as that is how it is given.

Efficient use of the polies allocated, with a nice even poly distribution. Texture is very cool, with even pixel distribution.
Very high quality work, I like it.. Why not higher? - I personally preferred the gun, the sword is cool, but just doesn't do it for me.

Good clean model, nice proportions and good anatomy, some more assymetry would be nice, but its solid without. The texture I think could have used a bit more colour, I think if that green is going to be used, it needs to be backed up by a camo type thing. Why not higher? - The texture I don't think suited the character to well, it needed more colours as stated before.

Efficient model, with some creative use of polies around the upper torso area. Proportions(char needs to be roughly 7-8 heads tall- legs needed to be longer in your case), and failure to use the rest of the polycount to add details to reach the 3k poly target (strap around leg and buckle thing on shoe on concept for example) hurt what is otherwise, a very well made 2500 poly character. Remember, there is always stuff you can add :).
The texture I think needs work, some areas have been done quite well (the pants for one) but other parts scream rush job. Take the time to get the lighting and other hard to do details done right.. Otherwise they end up detracting from the model.. Areas to work on are the arms.. I think with a bit more of a sunburnt/tanned look it would be a nicely polished character. Why not higher? - the reasons I mentioned above..

I'm really impressed by the improvements dan has made, the model, I think is outstanding, poly use is very clean, and hes got alot of details out of the count. Everything looks very smooth, and has a nice "weighted" feel to it. The texture kicks ass, it doesn't look super fantastic on the flat, but on the model it really stands out. There are enough small variations on the basic tones to keep him from looking monochromatic, and the eye is immediately drawn to the upper torso/head - something i really like.

I think if you had a bit more time to work on this guy, he'd be kicking alot more ass. Kudos for making him in maya too.
The model looks pretty sweet, I really like the head, though no doubt there is some insane amount of polies in there :)
I think his arms could be beefier - huge bulky bastards! But it still looks cool I especially like the dual 50 cals on his arm, though I think modelling drums would have looked cooler, and you would never have to worry about animating the swish of that (trust me, pain in the ass).
Texture is nicely done, I would have liked to have seen some more military type stuff (medals etc) but oh well :).
Why not higher? - This was a hard one :) I felt it lacked the polish that the Drbadvibes and Dans characters had. The boots also act as a focal point (eyes go straight to them when i first looked at it) which I feel detracts from the overall quality..

This character failed to hit my "ahh cool" nerve center. Theres nothing especially wrong with her, just a few niggly things.
The model is quite efficient, with lots of nice accessories.. At the same time, she looks boxy, and almost completely symetrical.
The texture has some very nice details, but I'll just say that the rusty colour tone was a very brave choice to go with the very pale skin and hair :)
Why not higher? - The things mentioned above mainly. I know you entered the challenge later than most, and I know how quickly you work, maybe next time a little more patience?

Congrats to everyone who entered, and you're all lucky my hard drive is on its last legs :)
(apologies is my ramblings became non-sensical at any point during this post.. It is 3:30 am after all.)

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:45 PM Permalink

challenger 1# DrBadVibes *1*: simply because it looks the best, thats all that really matters in the end.

2# Pantmonger *2*: nice texturing, good balance of colours.

3# Idaho *5*: the texturing is good, design lets it down

4# Dan Ward *3*: great design

5# malus *4*: very clean looking mesh, a very good understanding of mesh optimising

6# David Coen : i love her face, the texturing needs some diversity and the concept needs some risk

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/04/03 - 11:21 PM Permalink

Splodge, from Polycount ..

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [2st]

Submitted by animal on Mon, 07/04/03 - 5:34 AM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] Wow, so much character from a robot
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [4th] great work, still looks like a duck beak to me
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] Huge improvement overall in all areas from 1st challenge, congrads
Challenger #5 - Malus [3rd] Really proficient in all aspects just you textures lack impact

Great stuff from everyone really, i don't really think i'm up to par yet with all of you, would have been good to have finished mine in time though.

I agree that there should be judges, not us voting next time.1) Some votes could too bias towards themselves 2) some of the voters might not understand the criteria of the competition (ie, apparently the concept/idea wasn't supposed to be taken into account and in that case should have been more like the first comp with a single concept to work from, so the concept quality/orinality etc should be part of the criteria next time or taken out of the equalion all together with a single concept. The variety was cool this time compared to last but i think the concepts gave some an advantage over others that shouldn't it have.(plus my concept art sux at this point anyway,[:)])

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 07/04/03 - 10:01 AM Permalink

Wanted to clear up some things concernig my inital post. I'm not actually cranky about not being voted, it would be a bit weak on my part if that was the case, although ego is a little bruised about the 6th place ones, ouch. [:P]

There where a few guys being penalised for lack of pose etc so that post wasn't just about me.

quote:Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] ... Posed shots would of added a new dimension to it...
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] -... Would of been great to of seen her posed in her different modes....

Just after last time I thought we had settled the voting thing and everyone was in agreeance.

I do definetely stand by my comments on the technical issues but I ammended my vote as I believe people want to vote on an overall 'feel' not on technical aspects, so I'll do it as such.

Thanks guys, and good luck DrBadvibes and Pant's, the heats on you 2 this time. [;)]

Submitted by souri on Mon, 07/04/03 - 1:56 PM Permalink

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [3st]

Commentary..
First of all, fantastic work from everyone. I'm sure you'll agree that the bar for the Sumea Challenge has definately been risen. It's certainly a good thing, and it encourages everyone to try that extra bit harder next time, and improve themselves in the process.

Challenger #6 - David Coen [6th]This model blew me away. Lots of detail managed with the 3000 polygon limit (sword + sword cover, cape, all the stuff on his back). And the texture is great in terms of design and details. The texture doesn't quite have a quality finished look to it, but hey, DrBadVibes started late and managed to do the lot in a matter of days, and it still looks bloody good anyway [:)]
Concept reminds me of those Ninja demos on the Amiga, by Melon Dezignfrom a long time ago (if anyone remembers those!).. They had similar warped proportions, very stylised. Brilliant work.
Can't wait to see DrBadVibes animated him [:)]

Ok, the next three votes were harder for me, as they were equally impressive as each other and each had their strengths and weaknesses..

The mesh looks great, great use of all the polygons, and lots of detail and features.. Love the back pack, and the modelling on the feet. Great job on covering as much texture space as possible. Texture looks great, the armour looks like it's heavy, and metal, but I think it needed more oomph in terms of design. Stripes or some sort of decoration.. also a more higher contrasting selection of colours, rather than the green and brown.. green and white? Grey and blue..? Also the mid-riff section should perhaps be skin-toned coloured, since it looks like it's exposed skin. That would actually make it more interesting too as a whole, I think. Very cool model.

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [3rd]

Again, a very detailed model making use of all those polygons. I would've made the legs a little bit longer though - he looks a little bit stunted in stature (which might not be important, seeing as he isn't human anyway).
Texture work doesn't look too impressive when you see it in it's layed out version, but works pretty damn well when seen on the model! Lots of nice little details on the armour. Armour looks solid and heavy, and overall, a great looking model.

Great polygon modelling, very smooth looking, and a great arm gun. It's somewhat the reverse of my comment on Dan's texture with Malus's texture. It looks GREAT on layout - finished quality on the armour, with tonnes of detail.. great work on the face. I can tell a great amount of work was spent on the texture (I'd probably rate it 2nd overal), but somehow it doesn't have quite an impact on the model. It still looks good, don't get me wrong, but the armour doesn't come off as heavy looking, or as believable.. Maybe make it weathered? Or add some specular points or something.. I dunno. [:)] Still, great work by Malus..

Polygon model looks cool - definately a different approach with the others by making it human. Texturing work is cool, although maybe a little procedural looking, if you know what I mean. Maybe break it up more. Add more details like stitching (pants) etc..

Sorcorer Bob said earlier than the model looked a bit boxy, and I agree somewhat. I think the model could have been approached differently, making her more feminine and curvy - like your danger girl model. From her front on view, her hips to her knee shouldnt be that straight. Probably model all the slender curves of female legs in. Texture is a bit monotone in design, and probably the fault of the concept if it's like that originally.

Anyway, can't wait for the next challenge.. especially so that you guys can critique my work in return [;)] (I feel guilty giving critique when personally I my skills might not even match it!)

Submitted by Shaetano on Mon, 07/04/03 - 8:29 PM Permalink

Exactly my point Malus, would of replied earlier but I've been away.

Theres no doubt in anyones mind that posing does add to the overall model. Vibes has been doing modelling for 4-5 yrs so it probably came naturally to him to pose it for the added effect.
Now with the rules stuck to the very end of the forum folder with no mention on the front page its a little hard for new people (like me) to come here and not mention how great the action shots were when voting and why no-one else attempted it.

Hopefully in future challenges criteria is a little better explained for us n00bies when we go to vote :P (or have a panel of judges like the first).

Submitted by davidcoen on Tue, 08/04/03 - 9:19 AM Permalink

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/7_last_02L.jpg[/img]

the 'texture' i did. poor malnurished martian combat girl (mars being the red rust planet), you people realy should read all of 'battle angel alita'...

@Idaho 'people who entered should be blocked form this forum. and i think in the future it should be left upto a board of judges'
heh, competly disagree with this. was tempeted to do a review of peoples excuses as to why they couldn't finish a model as revenge for being rated 5th or 6th so often...

Submitted by rezn0r on Tue, 08/04/03 - 4:51 PM Permalink

Yes it was a shame that not all of the entries were able to be finished... there was some good stuff in there. Hopefully these works will be finished even though the competition is over... another portfolio piece is always good.

The quality of the entries seems to increase with every challenge, I can't wait to see what comes up in the next one.

Congrats to all that finished.

Scott.

Submitted by R32 on Tue, 08/04/03 - 9:11 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] - Very cool model - love the "painterly" style of the texture.
Challenger #5 - Malus [2nd] - Very clean modelling. Very nice detailed texture - didn't come up very well in the renders here - nothing to do with the model or texture - just the lighting for the render looks a bit flat. I think technically this is the best model and texture - nice work.
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] - Nice clean model and detailed texture. Maybe the colour scheme could be a bit more striking.
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [4th] - Nice solid model and texture.
Challenger #3 - Idaho [5th] - good stuff but sems a bit bland compared to some of the other entries.
Challenger #6 - David Coen [6th] - Not a bad model - texture needs a lot of work.

Submitted by Crystalmesh on Thu, 10/04/03 - 8:57 PM Permalink

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1st] Great style, love the choice of colours you used.

Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3rd] Nice concept, you really need a secondary colour to break up all that green though and some stronger highlights to make it a bit more metallic.

Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2nd] Nice work, but your colours are looking a bit washed out, try to keep the colours in your textures alot more richer and vibrant.

Submitted by Ninja on Fri, 11/04/03 - 12:14 AM Permalink

Very nice work everyone =) [:D]

Submitted by souri on Sat, 12/04/03 - 10:39 AM Permalink

Order of challengers..

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes - 1st
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward - 2nd
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger - 3rd
Challenger #5 - Malus - 4th
Challenger #3 - Idaho - 5th
Challenger #6 - David Coen - 6th

Same point massing method as last competition.. 1st placed votes get 6 points, 6th placed votes get 1 point etc..

Challenger #1 - DrBadVibes [1] - 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 6 6 6 6 5 5 6 5 6 6 6 6 6 - 116 points
Challenger #2 - Pantmonger [3] - 2 4 4 4 4 3 3 4 4 5 4 3 3 5 4 3 5 4 4 4 - 76 points
Challenger #3 - Idaho [5] - 3 3 3 2 1 4 6 1 1 1 3 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 3 - 45 points
Challenger #4 - Dan Ward [2] - 5 5 5 5 5 5 2 5 2 3 5 6 6 4 6 5 4 3 5 5 - 91 points
Challenger #5 - Malus [4] - 1 2 1 3 2 1 1 3 5 4 1 4 4 3 3 4 3 5 3 2 - 55 points
Challenger #6 - David Coen [6] - 4 1 2 1 3 2 4 2 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 - 37 points

20 votes total

Submitted by Dan Ward on Sat, 12/04/03 - 7:10 PM Permalink

Conga rats everyone this challenge was great, never any doubt that Badvibes would take the cake your model rocked!

Bring on C3..

Did "rgreen" end up voting? would be good to get his feedback seeing it was his idea for this challenge.