Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #4 -3D- 'Me109'

Submitted by Me109 on

Stage 1 concept for the comp [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/174_warlock.jpg[/img]

Submitted by ironikart on Mon, 04/08/03 - 9:56 PM Permalink

I love the idea of demons having fat bellies like the've been gordging themselves. I've seen alot of older art that depicts demons and evil characters with swollen stomachs.

It'll be good to see this guy resolved into 3D.

Submitted by Me109 on Mon, 04/08/03 - 11:35 PM Permalink

Fat beer bellys are the best.. this demon might be a piss head yet...
I think It'll be alot fatter in the next version... due soon :)

Submitted by Me109 on Tue, 12/08/03 - 12:27 AM Permalink

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/174_2ndStage01L.jpg[/img]

This is my stage 2 design for the model comp... I've upped the level of complexity while trying to maintain continuity..
although I missed out a bunch of fine detail.. stuff that can added with textures etc.. I think I've cut it out for myself in having to model this beast... ahhhh!!!

Submitted by ironikart on Tue, 12/08/03 - 12:41 AM Permalink

Nice work. He looks a little mechanical and I think his eyes need a little tweaking to make them more menacing. I love his swords.. nicely notched! [:)]

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Tue, 12/08/03 - 1:16 AM Permalink

Looks cool... Lot's of detail in the textures. They should end up looking awesome!

Submitted by jacobt on Thu, 21/08/03 - 10:35 PM Permalink

Looks to be coming along nicely. When I first saw your concept I thought... geez this will be hard to pull off, but now I think I can see it can be done [:)]

Do you have anything in mind for what sort of colours you'll use? I reckon a muted colour scheme would be best, and try to bring the heads out with a brighter colours etc.

Keep going [:D]

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Fri, 22/08/03 - 12:58 AM Permalink

I think you're better off making the thigh bone a bit larger. The thigh bone is the largest bone in the human body, and I'm aware that this isn't a human but even in animals like chickens, the thigh is always longer than the shins. Same goes for other animals like cows, dogs, cats etc... all the power for walking comes from the hips and thighs, the lower limbs on the legs are stabilisers.

Does anyone else agree with this?

Submitted by jacobt on Fri, 22/08/03 - 1:17 AM Permalink

Yes I agree, very good point. Looking at the model again it would prolly help the look of weight as well.

Submitted by Me109 on Fri, 22/08/03 - 9:17 AM Permalink

thanks for the constructive criticism.. the good thing about modelling is being able to scale things!! once I've got the mesh done I'll work on symmetry and asethetic appeal... I don't want him looking too chicken legged..
and just for the cause... I think this sumea site rocks!!!

Posted by Me109 on

Stage 1 concept for the comp [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/174_warlock.jpg[/img]

Submitted by ironikart on Mon, 04/08/03 - 9:56 PM Permalink

I love the idea of demons having fat bellies like the've been gordging themselves. I've seen alot of older art that depicts demons and evil characters with swollen stomachs.

It'll be good to see this guy resolved into 3D.

Submitted by Me109 on Mon, 04/08/03 - 11:35 PM Permalink

Fat beer bellys are the best.. this demon might be a piss head yet...
I think It'll be alot fatter in the next version... due soon :)

Submitted by Me109 on Tue, 12/08/03 - 12:27 AM Permalink

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/174_2ndStage01L.jpg[/img]

This is my stage 2 design for the model comp... I've upped the level of complexity while trying to maintain continuity..
although I missed out a bunch of fine detail.. stuff that can added with textures etc.. I think I've cut it out for myself in having to model this beast... ahhhh!!!

Submitted by ironikart on Tue, 12/08/03 - 12:41 AM Permalink

Nice work. He looks a little mechanical and I think his eyes need a little tweaking to make them more menacing. I love his swords.. nicely notched! [:)]

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Tue, 12/08/03 - 1:16 AM Permalink

Looks cool... Lot's of detail in the textures. They should end up looking awesome!

Submitted by jacobt on Thu, 21/08/03 - 10:35 PM Permalink

Looks to be coming along nicely. When I first saw your concept I thought... geez this will be hard to pull off, but now I think I can see it can be done [:)]

Do you have anything in mind for what sort of colours you'll use? I reckon a muted colour scheme would be best, and try to bring the heads out with a brighter colours etc.

Keep going [:D]

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Fri, 22/08/03 - 12:58 AM Permalink

I think you're better off making the thigh bone a bit larger. The thigh bone is the largest bone in the human body, and I'm aware that this isn't a human but even in animals like chickens, the thigh is always longer than the shins. Same goes for other animals like cows, dogs, cats etc... all the power for walking comes from the hips and thighs, the lower limbs on the legs are stabilisers.

Does anyone else agree with this?

Submitted by jacobt on Fri, 22/08/03 - 1:17 AM Permalink

Yes I agree, very good point. Looking at the model again it would prolly help the look of weight as well.

Submitted by Me109 on Fri, 22/08/03 - 9:17 AM Permalink

thanks for the constructive criticism.. the good thing about modelling is being able to scale things!! once I've got the mesh done I'll work on symmetry and asethetic appeal... I don't want him looking too chicken legged..
and just for the cause... I think this sumea site rocks!!!