Skip to main content

Tsumea Modeller Challlenge 10 - M Robbie

• this is the face i think I'm going to go with. I'm going to throw out the prosthetics idea all together.
    Also his left eye.

Submitted by mjrobbie on

Got some ideas about what i want in a super villain. I'll do some concept and story sets and hopefully have them underway by the end of the week. Just kind of making my presents known here. :)

Submitted by mjrobbie on Sun, 03/08/08 - 1:13 AM Permalink

This is the face of my character. The brief stated that a character had to be believable and realistic. I don't know what the defining line of believable and not believable. I think i need a second opinion about a character with robotic prosthetics. Any one please chime in.

Submitted by mjrobbie on Thu, 31/07/08 - 3:15 PM Permalink

He was his father’s son, his father’s protégé. They called him the Prodigy, a brilliant young doctor/engineer working in the field of prosthetic research. Born physically frail he helped hundreds of soldiers return to normal lives after war. He never hated his father for his frail form but he declined any type of prosthetics for his own use, claiming that they were better needed else where.
Secretly he believed that to add prosthetics to himself was an affront against God who had made him this way. One day after completing a complicated surgery that left him mentally drained he was abducted by terrorists. The ransom demands were sent to his father.
25% of the company’s liquid assists in return for the boy. The father refused to pay so the terrorists kept sending incentives. At first it was just his left little pinky, then a middle finger and eventually the whole hand.
Videos of the boy being tortured and raped were sent to the father over a period of two years. The terrorists finally deciding that the father wasn’t going to pay up, they tried to kill the boy. He fought to save his life and ended up on the run. They sent the dogs after him; they could smell the meat from open wounds. The dogs found him and mauled his face. A passing police officer saw the whole thing and saved the young doctor.
Rushed to his fathers hospital he underwent major reconstruction with the most advanced robotic prosthetics money could buy. He awoke months later, almost completely healed from the surgery. He could feel the coldness inside of him as he saw the machines he had once helped create. Jumping from the bed he ran to the mirror in the bathroom and studied the monstrosity he had become.
His entire left are, his left leg from just above the knee and the left half of his face had been replaced with… metal.
A nurse, hearing his cries of anguish and frustration ran into the room to try and sedate him. He tore her apart with his bare hands. Covered in blood of the innocent, he vowed that the people who did this to him would pay.
Running into the street he disappeared into the night.
He eventually slowed to a walk; he heard a gentle sound that he had not heard in an age. The soft sound of a violin from a simple busker girl. He had once played the violin, back when he was a boy. He had thought that the gentle and sensuous voice complemented his own frail shortcomings. He approached the girl.
When she saw his she stopped playing and stared. The stare became a cry; the cry became a scream; the scream became silence as his metal claw crushed the life from her. The instrument had dropped to the ground, making a melodious ‘thunk.’ Picking up the instrument he began to play a song of mourning for the life he had taken. Taking a fold of sheet music from the girls stand, he sealed it with a bloody kiss and let it fall to the body.
Police sirens rang in the distance. It was time to leave. To exact his toll. The madness swept through him as he descended into the sewers under the city.
Realising he still held the girls blood covered violin, he began to play again. The madness and the blood lust abated for now. He could think clearly while playing.
He had once been a gentle soul, a caring doctors and a devoted son. They had turned him into something else entirely.
He needed to kill again. Revenge needed to be take on the people who did this to him. Revenge needed to be taken for the people who couldn't take it for themselves. He would to to them what they did to others. The Gangsters; the Mobsters, the Triads and the Rapists. Anyone who enjoyed hurting others would be hurt by him. No one ever feared the frail, good natured doctor. He would give them a reason to be afraid now.
He continued to play.
He was once known as the Prodigy, now he would be known as The Sadist.

Submitted by mjrobbie on Fri, 01/08/08 - 12:54 AM Permalink

I'm going to throw out the prosthetic idea altogether. If you read the story, It will stay the same apart from the removal of fingers and hands and the reconstruction with robotics. They justs put him back together and hoped for the best. Still trying to work out the costume but he will have a violin that he carries around and plays after he has killed some one. It won't be a weapon, just a trademark. His calling card is a folded piece of sheet music with a bloody kiss on it.
He is also missing an ear.

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 01/08/08 - 7:53 AM Permalink

Oops, I forgot to log in on the last post :P

Love the story, I can really picture your character already.

Best of luck in the challenge Robbie!

Submitted by mjrobbie on Fri, 01/08/08 - 10:51 PM Permalink

This is the proposed concept for the main body. I'm thinking of adding something, it seems a bit empty as it is.

I was also toying with the idea of the costume being some blood soaked scrubs and an apron.

Submitted by mjrobbie on Sun, 03/08/08 - 1:10 AM Permalink

I think I'm going to work the crazy doctor angle. seems to suit him better. If anyone has any idea as to what colour scrubs he should be wearing please tell me.
The little blue doodad around the neck area is a surgical mask. and the object in his pocket is a scalpel.
I kind of this with the apron makes him look like he is wearing a dress?...
(yes i am aware that apron only has 1 p in it. It's late leave me alone.)

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 04/08/08 - 10:12 AM Permalink

i think id leave the apron off, he looks good with just the scrubs and the coat.

id prolly go with the navy colour or the lighter blue or a green, check the TV show scrubs i think the surgeons all wear a green one...either way a slightly lighter colour so you can add blood stains =)

Submitted by mjrobbie on Sat, 09/08/08 - 3:35 AM Permalink

I burnt my hand today at work so i can't compleat any of the concept art I have been working on but i want to share a revelation with you all about the current line of character concepts emerging. Most of us (myself included) have created in concept something that is not a super villain. Most of the characters i see are in opinion, anti-villains.
**dramatic pause**
Typically in litriture a villain is the antagonist who foils the hero's plans and commits themed crimes. This line represents the Joker. A man who just wants to do what he dose to see what will happen. For the most part they are bent on one goal and will not stop until they are stopped or they achieve there ends.
Anti-villains are considered the antagonists of the story due to their ruthless and evil actions, despite the sympathetic qualities or good intentions that they possess. They are the far more complex characters. Like Two-face, a man trying to rid the world of corruption one bad cop at a time by the only medium he still sees as fair, his coin.

Honestly i like the ideas that I'm reading but i wonder are we hold true to the idea of a "super villain."
It is a small detail but i would still like to hear peoples opinions about it. :)

Submitted by kit11 on Sat, 09/08/08 - 12:52 PM Permalink

i agree but with no super powers, and being plausable theres only so far you can go, add in mutations or special powers and i think we'd see some very different ideas

Submitted by mjrobbie on Fri, 15/08/08 - 3:06 AM Permalink

This is the costume i have decided on for the Sadist. The final will probably have blood stains on it but I'm still deciding.

Posted by mjrobbie on

Got some ideas about what i want in a super villain. I'll do some concept and story sets and hopefully have them underway by the end of the week. Just kind of making my presents known here. :)

Submitted by mjrobbie on Sun, 03/08/08 - 1:13 AM Permalink

This is the face of my character. The brief stated that a character had to be believable and realistic. I don't know what the defining line of believable and not believable. I think i need a second opinion about a character with robotic prosthetics. Any one please chime in.

Submitted by mjrobbie on Thu, 31/07/08 - 3:15 PM Permalink

He was his father’s son, his father’s protégé. They called him the Prodigy, a brilliant young doctor/engineer working in the field of prosthetic research. Born physically frail he helped hundreds of soldiers return to normal lives after war. He never hated his father for his frail form but he declined any type of prosthetics for his own use, claiming that they were better needed else where.
Secretly he believed that to add prosthetics to himself was an affront against God who had made him this way. One day after completing a complicated surgery that left him mentally drained he was abducted by terrorists. The ransom demands were sent to his father.
25% of the company’s liquid assists in return for the boy. The father refused to pay so the terrorists kept sending incentives. At first it was just his left little pinky, then a middle finger and eventually the whole hand.
Videos of the boy being tortured and raped were sent to the father over a period of two years. The terrorists finally deciding that the father wasn’t going to pay up, they tried to kill the boy. He fought to save his life and ended up on the run. They sent the dogs after him; they could smell the meat from open wounds. The dogs found him and mauled his face. A passing police officer saw the whole thing and saved the young doctor.
Rushed to his fathers hospital he underwent major reconstruction with the most advanced robotic prosthetics money could buy. He awoke months later, almost completely healed from the surgery. He could feel the coldness inside of him as he saw the machines he had once helped create. Jumping from the bed he ran to the mirror in the bathroom and studied the monstrosity he had become.
His entire left are, his left leg from just above the knee and the left half of his face had been replaced with… metal.
A nurse, hearing his cries of anguish and frustration ran into the room to try and sedate him. He tore her apart with his bare hands. Covered in blood of the innocent, he vowed that the people who did this to him would pay.
Running into the street he disappeared into the night.
He eventually slowed to a walk; he heard a gentle sound that he had not heard in an age. The soft sound of a violin from a simple busker girl. He had once played the violin, back when he was a boy. He had thought that the gentle and sensuous voice complemented his own frail shortcomings. He approached the girl.
When she saw his she stopped playing and stared. The stare became a cry; the cry became a scream; the scream became silence as his metal claw crushed the life from her. The instrument had dropped to the ground, making a melodious ‘thunk.’ Picking up the instrument he began to play a song of mourning for the life he had taken. Taking a fold of sheet music from the girls stand, he sealed it with a bloody kiss and let it fall to the body.
Police sirens rang in the distance. It was time to leave. To exact his toll. The madness swept through him as he descended into the sewers under the city.
Realising he still held the girls blood covered violin, he began to play again. The madness and the blood lust abated for now. He could think clearly while playing.
He had once been a gentle soul, a caring doctors and a devoted son. They had turned him into something else entirely.
He needed to kill again. Revenge needed to be take on the people who did this to him. Revenge needed to be taken for the people who couldn't take it for themselves. He would to to them what they did to others. The Gangsters; the Mobsters, the Triads and the Rapists. Anyone who enjoyed hurting others would be hurt by him. No one ever feared the frail, good natured doctor. He would give them a reason to be afraid now.
He continued to play.
He was once known as the Prodigy, now he would be known as The Sadist.

Submitted by mjrobbie on Fri, 01/08/08 - 12:54 AM Permalink

I'm going to throw out the prosthetic idea altogether. If you read the story, It will stay the same apart from the removal of fingers and hands and the reconstruction with robotics. They justs put him back together and hoped for the best. Still trying to work out the costume but he will have a violin that he carries around and plays after he has killed some one. It won't be a weapon, just a trademark. His calling card is a folded piece of sheet music with a bloody kiss on it.
He is also missing an ear.

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 01/08/08 - 7:53 AM Permalink

Oops, I forgot to log in on the last post :P

Love the story, I can really picture your character already.

Best of luck in the challenge Robbie!

Submitted by mjrobbie on Fri, 01/08/08 - 10:51 PM Permalink

This is the proposed concept for the main body. I'm thinking of adding something, it seems a bit empty as it is.

I was also toying with the idea of the costume being some blood soaked scrubs and an apron.

Submitted by mjrobbie on Sun, 03/08/08 - 1:10 AM Permalink

I think I'm going to work the crazy doctor angle. seems to suit him better. If anyone has any idea as to what colour scrubs he should be wearing please tell me.
The little blue doodad around the neck area is a surgical mask. and the object in his pocket is a scalpel.
I kind of this with the apron makes him look like he is wearing a dress?...
(yes i am aware that apron only has 1 p in it. It's late leave me alone.)

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 04/08/08 - 10:12 AM Permalink

i think id leave the apron off, he looks good with just the scrubs and the coat.

id prolly go with the navy colour or the lighter blue or a green, check the TV show scrubs i think the surgeons all wear a green one...either way a slightly lighter colour so you can add blood stains =)

Submitted by mjrobbie on Sat, 09/08/08 - 3:35 AM Permalink

I burnt my hand today at work so i can't compleat any of the concept art I have been working on but i want to share a revelation with you all about the current line of character concepts emerging. Most of us (myself included) have created in concept something that is not a super villain. Most of the characters i see are in opinion, anti-villains.
**dramatic pause**
Typically in litriture a villain is the antagonist who foils the hero's plans and commits themed crimes. This line represents the Joker. A man who just wants to do what he dose to see what will happen. For the most part they are bent on one goal and will not stop until they are stopped or they achieve there ends.
Anti-villains are considered the antagonists of the story due to their ruthless and evil actions, despite the sympathetic qualities or good intentions that they possess. They are the far more complex characters. Like Two-face, a man trying to rid the world of corruption one bad cop at a time by the only medium he still sees as fair, his coin.

Honestly i like the ideas that I'm reading but i wonder are we hold true to the idea of a "super villain."
It is a small detail but i would still like to hear peoples opinions about it. :)

Submitted by kit11 on Sat, 09/08/08 - 12:52 PM Permalink

i agree but with no super powers, and being plausable theres only so far you can go, add in mutations or special powers and i think we'd see some very different ideas

Submitted by mjrobbie on Fri, 15/08/08 - 3:06 AM Permalink

This is the costume i have decided on for the Sadist. The final will probably have blood stains on it but I'm still deciding.