Skip to main content

Sumea Modeller Challenge #9

• This is/was my entry to the gameartisans.org kingdom hearts war mini comp, had alot of fun doing this model even with the delays and frustrations =( sculpting for a day, then not being able to get a normal map to work properly =( etc

but…

• This hopefully is a screen grab of my character entry

Submitted by kit11 on

hey all, im just new to this 3-D stuff, i recently finished a short course, which sebp was my teacher, this is my first attempt at making a person so get prepared for a decent laugh =)

anyway ill put up some scans of my concept soon, i have started the modelling so hopefully ill get it done by the finish date =)

Submitted by kit11 on Tue, 31/07/07 - 4:27 AM Permalink

ok heres some of the pics ive done, as u can see im not a fantastic drawer

but u get the general idea

oh and by the way im going for sort of an ares guy, lots of weapons to be carried around aswell =)

Submitted by Killa Dee on Tue, 31/07/07 - 5:23 AM Permalink

hey kit11, great start! i always find busting out some really small black and white quick thumbnail drawings in potato shop is a great way to start a character concept. It helps to quickly get some traction in moving your design forward.

Here is an example --> Character thumbnails

Keep up the good work!Killa Dee2007-07-30 19:25:27

Submitted by sebp on Tue, 31/07/07 - 10:15 AM Permalink

Hey kit,

Good to see that you still keen to give it a crack. The elements that you have got in the sketch are looking good. I’d try and combine them to form the whole figure. Killer d’s thumb nail link is has some great ideas on it too!

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 06/08/07 - 8:49 AM Permalink

just an update ive started making the body, having a lil trouble getting a pic of a head to model from =( but heres the body so far

Submitted by benny s on Wed, 08/08/07 - 5:15 AM Permalink

looking really good for your first attempt at a character, mine first was far far worse

Also good to see your giving it a go, only one way to improve and a challenge like this really helps.

Submitted by codyalday on Sun, 12/08/07 - 10:55 AM Permalink

Looking good man. Post a wire frame so we can see how the mesh is flowing. Keep up the good work.

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 13/08/07 - 4:09 AM Permalink

ok heres a pic of the wire frame so far, some bits are pretty messy specially the feet and bum, may still redo the feet yet.

Submitted by sebp on Mon, 13/08/07 - 4:41 AM Permalink

Hey cool,

I recon you need to remove the triangle from around the top edge of the knees, press backspace on a slected edge.

Link up some of the lines in the butt with the cut tool to get rid some of the triangles there too.

Looking good, Nice abs

seb

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 13/08/07 - 3:06 PM Permalink

ok heres a craptastic pic of the basic pose i'm ganna try get my guy to look like

yes i reliesed his hand is wrong way but u know u get that =)

the general idea is that hes jumped off Mt. Olympus, and b4 he lands hes ganna cut someone in half =)... may still give him a few more weaps.... god of war must be prepared for all situations hehekit112007-08-13 05:12:21

Submitted by sebp on Tue, 14/08/07 - 1:59 AM Permalink

he looks like he could slice three people in half!

Submitted by immellmann on Tue, 14/08/07 - 10:06 AM Permalink

Nice work. I did the course in Canberra nice place really good teachers there man. Nice start on the model my first wasn't nearly that good. Hell it's probably better than mine right now...

Posted by kit11 on

hey all, im just new to this 3-D stuff, i recently finished a short course, which sebp was my teacher, this is my first attempt at making a person so get prepared for a decent laugh =)

anyway ill put up some scans of my concept soon, i have started the modelling so hopefully ill get it done by the finish date =)

Submitted by kit11 on Tue, 31/07/07 - 4:27 AM Permalink

ok heres some of the pics ive done, as u can see im not a fantastic drawer

but u get the general idea

oh and by the way im going for sort of an ares guy, lots of weapons to be carried around aswell =)

Submitted by Killa Dee on Tue, 31/07/07 - 5:23 AM Permalink

hey kit11, great start! i always find busting out some really small black and white quick thumbnail drawings in potato shop is a great way to start a character concept. It helps to quickly get some traction in moving your design forward.

Here is an example --> Character thumbnails

Keep up the good work!Killa Dee2007-07-30 19:25:27

Submitted by sebp on Tue, 31/07/07 - 10:15 AM Permalink

Hey kit,

Good to see that you still keen to give it a crack. The elements that you have got in the sketch are looking good. I’d try and combine them to form the whole figure. Killer d’s thumb nail link is has some great ideas on it too!

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 06/08/07 - 8:49 AM Permalink

just an update ive started making the body, having a lil trouble getting a pic of a head to model from =( but heres the body so far

Submitted by benny s on Wed, 08/08/07 - 5:15 AM Permalink

looking really good for your first attempt at a character, mine first was far far worse

Also good to see your giving it a go, only one way to improve and a challenge like this really helps.

Submitted by codyalday on Sun, 12/08/07 - 10:55 AM Permalink

Looking good man. Post a wire frame so we can see how the mesh is flowing. Keep up the good work.

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 13/08/07 - 4:09 AM Permalink

ok heres a pic of the wire frame so far, some bits are pretty messy specially the feet and bum, may still redo the feet yet.

Submitted by sebp on Mon, 13/08/07 - 4:41 AM Permalink

Hey cool,

I recon you need to remove the triangle from around the top edge of the knees, press backspace on a slected edge.

Link up some of the lines in the butt with the cut tool to get rid some of the triangles there too.

Looking good, Nice abs

seb

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 13/08/07 - 3:06 PM Permalink

ok heres a craptastic pic of the basic pose i'm ganna try get my guy to look like

yes i reliesed his hand is wrong way but u know u get that =)

the general idea is that hes jumped off Mt. Olympus, and b4 he lands hes ganna cut someone in half =)... may still give him a few more weaps.... god of war must be prepared for all situations hehekit112007-08-13 05:12:21

Submitted by sebp on Tue, 14/08/07 - 1:59 AM Permalink

he looks like he could slice three people in half!

Submitted by immellmann on Tue, 14/08/07 - 10:06 AM Permalink

Nice work. I did the course in Canberra nice place really good teachers there man. Nice start on the model my first wasn't nearly that good. Hell it's probably better than mine right now...