Skip to main content

TIME EXTENSION REQUEST

Submitted by tomcat on

Hi Souri,

I know this is an unusual request but I just went through everyones submissions and have noticed that a lot of people won't be able to submit due to the time limit.

Personally I just finished my uni exams last week . I will not be able to submit my finished character like many others.

So how about extending the challenge one week? or a few days maybe??

cheers

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 30/06/03 - 7:50 AM Permalink

No offence to anyone, but this comp was over 5 weeks in length. I dont think that the lack of submissions is due to the ultra tight deadline. More a case of people put it off cause they dont feel like doing it in the free time that they have (which is fine), but the time limit was plenty. A change to the time at the 12 hour would be flawed and unfair to those who did a rushed job at the last min in the hope of getting it done.

Pantmonger

Submitted by tomcat on Mon, 30/06/03 - 8:35 AM Permalink

No offence taken. Yet you have to realise that at this time of year university students like myself are engaged in exam and assessment as well as work.
Yet you made a valid point about it being unfair to those who rushed it.

nice work by the way.

Submitted by Major Clod on Mon, 30/06/03 - 10:13 AM Permalink

I can understand where both of you are coming from. I was looking forward to submitting an entry into this contest as I missed the last one, however like Tomcat I was overwhelmed with not only a few weeks of uni exams, but a lot of assignment work as well. Sure I did have some free time in between, but I chose to not sit in front of the computer, as all of my uni work demanded it. An extension would be nice, but I understand it is unfair for the people who have worked hard to finish their entry.

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 30/06/03 - 10:22 AM Permalink

I sympathise with you guys who have studies but everyone has something that keeps them from it, myself I had work and other comittments pile up so I only just finished it tonight, an extension is unfair for those who did it in the alotted time.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 30/06/03 - 10:38 AM Permalink

I dont see any reason why people should stop work if they want to get it finished... Just they won't be able to have it judged as part of this sumea challenge.

Submitted by Doord on Mon, 30/06/03 - 7:31 PM Permalink

I can't see why same of you what more time. Because there is nothing for the winner but the fact they can say 'I won the comp on Sumea with this model. But they had to give me more time then everyone eles so I could do so.' Not much of a win is it.

I do think what bob said 'there is nothing stoping you to finsh your model anyway.' Is the way to think about it.

This comp just gave to a good starting point. And that is why I will be still going to getting the rest of mine done. I have big plans for the model. Even a short flim maybe, with a high res version.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 01/07/03 - 3:18 AM Permalink

I don't think it would be fair to the others if the challenge was extended. I'm going to be doing another thread with the unfinished works, so we can all comment and vote on them on their potential..

Submitted by tomcat on Tue, 01/07/03 - 3:44 AM Permalink

Thats a great idea souri!

Submitted by Pointy on Tue, 01/07/03 - 11:51 PM Permalink

Im sure more than the majority of people that wanted to finish this comp procastinated or "wasted time" myself included, and it would have been unfair to extend this competition after a time has been set. But perhaps for the next comp the time frame could be alot more genorous to allow even the most overworked person to finish a comp and maintain a social life.

Posted by tomcat on

Hi Souri,

I know this is an unusual request but I just went through everyones submissions and have noticed that a lot of people won't be able to submit due to the time limit.

Personally I just finished my uni exams last week . I will not be able to submit my finished character like many others.

So how about extending the challenge one week? or a few days maybe??

cheers

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 30/06/03 - 7:50 AM Permalink

No offence to anyone, but this comp was over 5 weeks in length. I dont think that the lack of submissions is due to the ultra tight deadline. More a case of people put it off cause they dont feel like doing it in the free time that they have (which is fine), but the time limit was plenty. A change to the time at the 12 hour would be flawed and unfair to those who did a rushed job at the last min in the hope of getting it done.

Pantmonger

Submitted by tomcat on Mon, 30/06/03 - 8:35 AM Permalink

No offence taken. Yet you have to realise that at this time of year university students like myself are engaged in exam and assessment as well as work.
Yet you made a valid point about it being unfair to those who rushed it.

nice work by the way.

Submitted by Major Clod on Mon, 30/06/03 - 10:13 AM Permalink

I can understand where both of you are coming from. I was looking forward to submitting an entry into this contest as I missed the last one, however like Tomcat I was overwhelmed with not only a few weeks of uni exams, but a lot of assignment work as well. Sure I did have some free time in between, but I chose to not sit in front of the computer, as all of my uni work demanded it. An extension would be nice, but I understand it is unfair for the people who have worked hard to finish their entry.

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 30/06/03 - 10:22 AM Permalink

I sympathise with you guys who have studies but everyone has something that keeps them from it, myself I had work and other comittments pile up so I only just finished it tonight, an extension is unfair for those who did it in the alotted time.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 30/06/03 - 10:38 AM Permalink

I dont see any reason why people should stop work if they want to get it finished... Just they won't be able to have it judged as part of this sumea challenge.

Submitted by Doord on Mon, 30/06/03 - 7:31 PM Permalink

I can't see why same of you what more time. Because there is nothing for the winner but the fact they can say 'I won the comp on Sumea with this model. But they had to give me more time then everyone eles so I could do so.' Not much of a win is it.

I do think what bob said 'there is nothing stoping you to finsh your model anyway.' Is the way to think about it.

This comp just gave to a good starting point. And that is why I will be still going to getting the rest of mine done. I have big plans for the model. Even a short flim maybe, with a high res version.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 01/07/03 - 3:18 AM Permalink

I don't think it would be fair to the others if the challenge was extended. I'm going to be doing another thread with the unfinished works, so we can all comment and vote on them on their potential..

Submitted by tomcat on Tue, 01/07/03 - 3:44 AM Permalink

Thats a great idea souri!

Submitted by Pointy on Tue, 01/07/03 - 11:51 PM Permalink

Im sure more than the majority of people that wanted to finish this comp procastinated or "wasted time" myself included, and it would have been unfair to extend this competition after a time has been set. But perhaps for the next comp the time frame could be alot more genorous to allow even the most overworked person to finish a comp and maintain a social life.