Skip to main content

Freeplay 2007 coming August - suggestions?

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

It's great to hear that Freeplay is back again. The organisers are open for suggestions for the conference, but I thought I'd open a thread to see what you'd like to see in the next Freeplay conference.

Submitted by Brawsome on Wed, 30/05/07 - 6:00 AM Permalink

Will there be some representatives from Film Victoria that indie developers can talk to about their funding opportunities, what they all mean, and how to get their hands on them?

Also, will anyone be recording any of the sessions to maybe put up on the web in the form of a podcast? This was done by Gamasutra for GDC 07 (and many other events), and it's good to be able to listen to the sessions if you can't manage to be one of the lucky ones to make it down.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 30/05/07 - 7:01 AM Permalink

bean bags and Wonderboy in Monsterland.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 30/05/07 - 7:08 AM Permalink

Actually, I was going to ask you if you were interested in covering the conference for Sumea. I can send you the trusty Sumea camcorder we used for Game Connect and the opening of the Hits of the 80's exhibition at ACMI last year. We'll discuss this in the news editor forum

Submitted by Brawsome on Thu, 31/05/07 - 2:07 AM Permalink

Yeah, awesome! Glad it's on a Saturday. Hope you've got a tripod, because if my holiday videos are any indication, I can only take crooked shaky video, must have one leg shorter than the other or something.

Submitted by amckern on Wed, 06/06/07 - 7:54 AM Permalink

Its on the day after GC ends - i hope they know that, seeing that GC is this years the must see games show.

Posted by souri on
Forum

It's great to hear that Freeplay is back again. The organisers are open for suggestions for the conference, but I thought I'd open a thread to see what you'd like to see in the next Freeplay conference.

Submitted by Brawsome on Wed, 30/05/07 - 6:00 AM Permalink

Will there be some representatives from Film Victoria that indie developers can talk to about their funding opportunities, what they all mean, and how to get their hands on them?

Also, will anyone be recording any of the sessions to maybe put up on the web in the form of a podcast? This was done by Gamasutra for GDC 07 (and many other events), and it's good to be able to listen to the sessions if you can't manage to be one of the lucky ones to make it down.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 30/05/07 - 7:01 AM Permalink

bean bags and Wonderboy in Monsterland.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 30/05/07 - 7:08 AM Permalink

Actually, I was going to ask you if you were interested in covering the conference for Sumea. I can send you the trusty Sumea camcorder we used for Game Connect and the opening of the Hits of the 80's exhibition at ACMI last year. We'll discuss this in the news editor forum

Submitted by Brawsome on Thu, 31/05/07 - 2:07 AM Permalink

Yeah, awesome! Glad it's on a Saturday. Hope you've got a tripod, because if my holiday videos are any indication, I can only take crooked shaky video, must have one leg shorter than the other or something.

Submitted by amckern on Wed, 06/06/07 - 7:54 AM Permalink

Its on the day after GC ends - i hope they know that, seeing that GC is this years the must see games show.