Skip to main content

IT coordinator for Pandemic Studios - job filled

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

*** 12/4/2006: Position filled ***

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/css/spn/Pandemic_Studios.gif[/img]

Let the games begin!!!!!

We are one of the world?s largest, most successful independent video game developers, and are seeking a unique individual to play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient daily IT operations of our Fortitude Valley, Brisbane studio.

In you new role, you will be reporting to our IT Manager and responsible for basic user support and system maintenance, with the potential scope to further develop your skills and play a more advanced role in enhancing our IT team?s service levels. No two days are ever the same at Pandemic Studios and it will be your flexibility and adaptability which will ensure your success in this challenging role.

You must have:

? In-depth knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures relating to network and system administration ? with a minimum of 3-5 years of practical experience to accomplish goals
? Extensive troubleshooting experience with hardware, software, and network connectivity issues
? Minimum 2 years hands-on experience with Exchange 2000 and Active Directory
? Strong understanding of network topologies
? Experience with Linux and/or FreeBSD along with products like Apache, Samba, Squid, ProFTPd.
? Experience troubleshooting Windows 98/2000/XP and Office 2000/XP
? Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition or Trend-Micro AV products
? Disk imaging experience, such as PowerQuest Disk Image Pro or Symantec Ghost
? Experience performing system backups and recovery

You will also have had experience with:

? Working in a fast paced working environment
? Working for a medium to large size company
? Working in a fast growing organisation

To stand out from the crowd, its highly desirable that you have:

? A+, MCSA or any other relevant certifications, although we will consider comparable experience in the field
? Experience with Nortel, NEC, or other PBX systems ? intermediate tasks in addition to basic add/remove features, experience with Asterisk VoIP PBX a definite plus.
? Client and Server-based antivirus software
? Extensive practical knowledge of Windows 2000 and 2003 Servers
? System and network online/offline backups
? Experience with maintaining and developing PHP, MySQL, and Perl

You are:

? Highly organised with attention to detail and strong time management skills
? An effective communicator with employees at all levels
? Able to display a high level of confidentiality
? Able to juggle multiple tasks and keep your cool
? Someone with a ?can-do? and very positive attitude
? A team player yet able to work autonomously
? Flexible and adaptable

Your hours:

9am ? 6pm standard office hours with some overtime required.
(examples ? social functions, meeting contractors on the weekend, performing work to servers, rostered on call, possible travel etc)

Your reward:

? Competitive salary + super + bonuses + shares + car park + ?employee welfare benefits?
? Room to expand your skills and experience and further your career as our company expands.

Sounds like you?

We need you to start NOW so send us your cover letter and resume to jobs@pandemicstudios.com.au

To learn more about us, check us out at www.pandemicstudios.com

Posted by souri on
Forum

*** 12/4/2006: Position filled ***

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/css/spn/Pandemic_Studios.gif[/img]

Let the games begin!!!!!

We are one of the world?s largest, most successful independent video game developers, and are seeking a unique individual to play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient daily IT operations of our Fortitude Valley, Brisbane studio.

In you new role, you will be reporting to our IT Manager and responsible for basic user support and system maintenance, with the potential scope to further develop your skills and play a more advanced role in enhancing our IT team?s service levels. No two days are ever the same at Pandemic Studios and it will be your flexibility and adaptability which will ensure your success in this challenging role.

You must have:

? In-depth knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures relating to network and system administration ? with a minimum of 3-5 years of practical experience to accomplish goals
? Extensive troubleshooting experience with hardware, software, and network connectivity issues
? Minimum 2 years hands-on experience with Exchange 2000 and Active Directory
? Strong understanding of network topologies
? Experience with Linux and/or FreeBSD along with products like Apache, Samba, Squid, ProFTPd.
? Experience troubleshooting Windows 98/2000/XP and Office 2000/XP
? Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition or Trend-Micro AV products
? Disk imaging experience, such as PowerQuest Disk Image Pro or Symantec Ghost
? Experience performing system backups and recovery

You will also have had experience with:

? Working in a fast paced working environment
? Working for a medium to large size company
? Working in a fast growing organisation

To stand out from the crowd, its highly desirable that you have:

? A+, MCSA or any other relevant certifications, although we will consider comparable experience in the field
? Experience with Nortel, NEC, or other PBX systems ? intermediate tasks in addition to basic add/remove features, experience with Asterisk VoIP PBX a definite plus.
? Client and Server-based antivirus software
? Extensive practical knowledge of Windows 2000 and 2003 Servers
? System and network online/offline backups
? Experience with maintaining and developing PHP, MySQL, and Perl

You are:

? Highly organised with attention to detail and strong time management skills
? An effective communicator with employees at all levels
? Able to display a high level of confidentiality
? Able to juggle multiple tasks and keep your cool
? Someone with a ?can-do? and very positive attitude
? A team player yet able to work autonomously
? Flexible and adaptable

Your hours:

9am ? 6pm standard office hours with some overtime required.
(examples ? social functions, meeting contractors on the weekend, performing work to servers, rostered on call, possible travel etc)

Your reward:

? Competitive salary + super + bonuses + shares + car park + ?employee welfare benefits?
? Room to expand your skills and experience and further your career as our company expands.

Sounds like you?

We need you to start NOW so send us your cover letter and resume to jobs@pandemicstudios.com.au

To learn more about us, check us out at www.pandemicstudios.com