Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #5 -3D - Sinister - Challenger #10

Submitted by Sinister on

hi guys,
i'm a long time listener, first time caller.
i finally got around to posting my stuff for the competition.
check it out, and let me know what you think.

[img]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/sinista-Evo.jpg[/img]

here's the concept drawings for my characters.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 30/03/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

The pics aren't showing up for me, getting the red cross of doom, is it just me?

Submitted by alia on Tue, 30/03/04 - 11:28 PM Permalink

Nah i got da same :(

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 30/03/04 - 11:46 PM Permalink

the x looks kinda arty tho dont you think ?.......

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 31/03/04 - 12:05 AM Permalink

:) you gotta set yourself up with some webspace man, looks like you're linking those to a drive on your computer - or something else..

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 31/03/04 - 12:08 AM Permalink

yeah youre linking to your harddrive. "file:///I:/Evo Post/Final Combo.jpg"

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 31/03/04 - 12:26 AM Permalink

grab some free hosting webspace and upload and link from there - try www.uploadit.org; 2 min registration, free, and offers space for 20 x 200kb images. Easy stuff.

Submitted by FireFlight on Wed, 31/03/04 - 6:58 AM Permalink

It is amazing how many people do link from their computer, that would only work if you had a 24hr broadband or cable connection and set your computer up as a server.

Submitted by Sinister on Wed, 31/03/04 - 11:49 PM Permalink

Yep, you're right, it is a link from a hard drive. Sorry! I actually got a mate to help me post it. I'm not too good with "net" stuff. I will do my best at getting it up before tomorrow's deadline. I haven't got the net on at home so I've got to find friends to help =)

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 01/04/04 - 12:20 AM Permalink

the deadline is tonight at midnight ;)
ive got like 8 hours and 36 minutes to go before submission.... godaamnit... eye of the tiger!!!....

Submitted by souri on Thu, 01/04/04 - 12:53 PM Permalink

!! It seems like you've had some rotten luck getting these pics up. It looks like you've submitted all the required pieces for the challenge, so please get them up here *real soon*!

Submitted by Sinister on Thu, 01/04/04 - 7:37 PM Permalink

there you go guys! i've got my pics working now. NOW you can have a look. [:)]

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 02/04/04 - 12:44 AM Permalink

Gizmo! (hope you know what this means, from 'Gremlins')

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 02/04/04 - 1:06 AM Permalink

2 things,... what does the gun arm fire ? and im getting 2 wireframes for the final evo instead of one wire one texture :D

hey he looks pretty cool tho!!!!

i just have to say tho - it is kinda weird that the final evolution has become mech'a'nized with no hints of it in the previous version....

Submitted by Sinister on Fri, 02/04/04 - 2:44 AM Permalink

HazarD: 1- The characters were loosley based around a skunk like character so it seemed only fitting that it should fire some sort of stinky sludge.
2- I've stuffed the link up (again). I'll try to rectify that problem.
3- Yeah, I know it was a pretty big leap from 2nd to 3rd stages but looking at other stuff like Digimon and Pokemon, you find there are some pretty big leaps there too. I had fun mucking around with the ideas anyway. =P

Wizenedoldman: The thought of Gizmo never crossed my mind, but now that you mention it...

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 02/04/04 - 3:56 AM Permalink

Wow, that is great, the final evo is without a hsadow of a doubt my favourite, it's a pretty original concept to, nice work.

It's also cool how the trainer and all the evos have the mohawk

Submitted by Sinister on Sat, 03/04/04 - 12:57 AM Permalink

Glad you liked it Bullet. I wanted some way to tie the trainer and evos in together and the mohawk came to mind. I also tried to keep a general colour scheme hence the purple shirt & red shoes.

Posted by Sinister on

hi guys,
i'm a long time listener, first time caller.
i finally got around to posting my stuff for the competition.
check it out, and let me know what you think.

[img]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/sinista-Evo.jpg[/img]

here's the concept drawings for my characters.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 30/03/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

The pics aren't showing up for me, getting the red cross of doom, is it just me?

Submitted by alia on Tue, 30/03/04 - 11:28 PM Permalink

Nah i got da same :(

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 30/03/04 - 11:46 PM Permalink

the x looks kinda arty tho dont you think ?.......

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 31/03/04 - 12:05 AM Permalink

:) you gotta set yourself up with some webspace man, looks like you're linking those to a drive on your computer - or something else..

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 31/03/04 - 12:08 AM Permalink

yeah youre linking to your harddrive. "file:///I:/Evo Post/Final Combo.jpg"

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 31/03/04 - 12:26 AM Permalink

grab some free hosting webspace and upload and link from there - try www.uploadit.org; 2 min registration, free, and offers space for 20 x 200kb images. Easy stuff.

Submitted by FireFlight on Wed, 31/03/04 - 6:58 AM Permalink

It is amazing how many people do link from their computer, that would only work if you had a 24hr broadband or cable connection and set your computer up as a server.

Submitted by Sinister on Wed, 31/03/04 - 11:49 PM Permalink

Yep, you're right, it is a link from a hard drive. Sorry! I actually got a mate to help me post it. I'm not too good with "net" stuff. I will do my best at getting it up before tomorrow's deadline. I haven't got the net on at home so I've got to find friends to help =)

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 01/04/04 - 12:20 AM Permalink

the deadline is tonight at midnight ;)
ive got like 8 hours and 36 minutes to go before submission.... godaamnit... eye of the tiger!!!....

Submitted by souri on Thu, 01/04/04 - 12:53 PM Permalink

!! It seems like you've had some rotten luck getting these pics up. It looks like you've submitted all the required pieces for the challenge, so please get them up here *real soon*!

Submitted by Sinister on Thu, 01/04/04 - 7:37 PM Permalink

there you go guys! i've got my pics working now. NOW you can have a look. [:)]

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 02/04/04 - 12:44 AM Permalink

Gizmo! (hope you know what this means, from 'Gremlins')

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 02/04/04 - 1:06 AM Permalink

2 things,... what does the gun arm fire ? and im getting 2 wireframes for the final evo instead of one wire one texture :D

hey he looks pretty cool tho!!!!

i just have to say tho - it is kinda weird that the final evolution has become mech'a'nized with no hints of it in the previous version....

Submitted by Sinister on Fri, 02/04/04 - 2:44 AM Permalink

HazarD: 1- The characters were loosley based around a skunk like character so it seemed only fitting that it should fire some sort of stinky sludge.
2- I've stuffed the link up (again). I'll try to rectify that problem.
3- Yeah, I know it was a pretty big leap from 2nd to 3rd stages but looking at other stuff like Digimon and Pokemon, you find there are some pretty big leaps there too. I had fun mucking around with the ideas anyway. =P

Wizenedoldman: The thought of Gizmo never crossed my mind, but now that you mention it...

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 02/04/04 - 3:56 AM Permalink

Wow, that is great, the final evo is without a hsadow of a doubt my favourite, it's a pretty original concept to, nice work.

It's also cool how the trainer and all the evos have the mohawk

Submitted by Sinister on Sat, 03/04/04 - 12:57 AM Permalink

Glad you liked it Bullet. I wanted some way to tie the trainer and evos in together and the mohawk came to mind. I also tried to keep a general colour scheme hence the purple shirt & red shoes.