Technical Director - Australia
- Excellent international career opportunity with global visibility.
- Create and drive technology strategies and direction for the region.
- The successful applicant will receive relocation assistance and a six figure salary.
THQ, a world leading games developer and publisher has a rare opportunity for a highly talented and experienced Technical Director to drive the future direction of technology in the region. This newly created role reporting directly to the General Managers is responsible for technology across two successful and developing studios, THQ Studio Australia located in Brisbane and Blue Tongue Entertainment is based in Melbourne.
Working with licensed and new intellectual properties this position will be a critical player in the future direction and success of THQ in the region. Key responsibilities of this position include:-
- Creating and driving technology solutions and strategy across the region.
- Promoting technology sharing within the region and across THQ globally.
- Developing and improving our technical talent and ensuring sufficient resources.
- Researching and implementing improvements in process and technology.
- Providing technical standpoint for future growth and competitiveness
- Architect and implement high-risk code development
To succeed in this role you will be a strong team player, effective communicator and have a passion for technology. Key position requirements include:-
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent, and a management or post graduate degree is desirable.
- Proven track record in creating and implementing technology strategy and solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of game technology and product life cycle.
- Experience managing multiple employees and building successful and cohesive teams.
- Strong 3D math background - Must be able to solve 3D math problems unattended.
This is a truly unique opportunity where you can take ownership and champion technology solutions. If you are up for the challenge then we want to hear from you.
Contact: - If you would like to know more please contact Andrew Kirkby at:-
Phone: +61 3 9914 9944
Applications: - Please submit all applications via the THQ Career Center at http://thq.kenexa.com/thq/cc/Home.ssSouri2007-07-24 23:49:00