Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #8 happy_virus

This is one of my characters so far what I mean by chracters is that I have not decided on a final for the comp yet, It is not finished yet(it is obliviously seen) and that is because I want to know if it is Ok for the com and it passes all the requirements said for the competition. This is my first time in this competition so I will except all critique on this picture as long as it is helpful not insulting.She is supposed to be holding a spined whip, and a cursed Katana and a double bladed staff on her back. I have not yet determined what type of chracter she falls into, possibly a sorceress. It is not a great design but I have only new to using a Wacom and doing texture art and like I said be4 it is still far from finished.

Other things I need to get done are her weapons, give her a name and draw her from different angles.[:)]

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/happy_virus/200662822338_SumeaCh…"]SumeaCharacter.jpg[/url]
82.19?KB

Submitted by souri on Thu, 29/06/06 - 3:24 AM Permalink

Yep, that should be fine. Carry on!

Submitted by happy virus on Thu, 29/06/06 - 11:18 PM Permalink

Hello all, what I havent stated before is that this is my first time at sumea and my first time in this competition. So hi to eveyone and good luck to all competitors[:)][8D].

This is the Updated final version of my sorceress character. It is very basic compared to some but then again this is a modelling competition not a drawing competition. I believe there are issues witht the stomach area, If it still requires tweaking I will see what I can do about it and this is the first time I do a human character in this fashion

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/happy_virus/2006628231624_SumeaC…"]SumeaCharacter.jpg[/url]
94.63?KB.

Like I said before I will accept any critique as long as it is helpful to making my character look better. What I won't exept is insulting critique. Forgive the Aura as it is my first time trying to draw one so if there is something worng with it I cant do much about it.

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 30/06/06 - 9:31 PM Permalink

G?day, welcome to sumea and the modelling challenge!

I like your concept, it does read as a sorcerer type character. The chains contribute to the mysterious nature of the character, though I think maybe they could be taken a bit further.
Possibly a supernatural kind of glow to her eyes might also help?
Also I think possibly there is something a little off with the cape design. I like how it starts with those little dangly bits around her arms, maybe consider doing that with the bottom of the cape?
Another suggestion is to maybe make her pants a little sexier, to better match her top.

Anyway, just some suggestions I thought could help. It?s a nice concept and I look forward to seeing the model. Good luck! [:)]

Submitted by silvermirage on Fri, 30/06/06 - 9:45 PM Permalink

looking good man,
the concept idea is swish, colours need a bit more polishing
but all in all its a mint concept,

don't worry about getting insults,
most of the guys here are a nice bunch of people
we'll give hell to those who insult other ppl's work

Submitted by happy virus on Fri, 08/09/06 - 7:00 AM Permalink

I am having alot of troubs getting a model in [:(] I know it's a shame, I have alot of other stuff going on and I am very busy, but If I still manage to squeeze in some time to add the 3D model then it would be great. Otherwise maybe next time, but either way good luck to all of the contestants this a great modeller challenge and there are tons of talented modellers on this site, gw all and again good luck for all.

This is one of my characters so far what I mean by chracters is that I have not decided on a final for the comp yet, It is not finished yet(it is obliviously seen) and that is because I want to know if it is Ok for the com and it passes all the requirements said for the competition. This is my first time in this competition so I will except all critique on this picture as long as it is helpful not insulting.She is supposed to be holding a spined whip, and a cursed Katana and a double bladed staff on her back. I have not yet determined what type of chracter she falls into, possibly a sorceress. It is not a great design but I have only new to using a Wacom and doing texture art and like I said be4 it is still far from finished.

Other things I need to get done are her weapons, give her a name and draw her from different angles.[:)]

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/happy_virus/200662822338_SumeaCh…"]SumeaCharacter.jpg[/url]
82.19?KB

Submitted by souri on Thu, 29/06/06 - 3:24 AM Permalink

Yep, that should be fine. Carry on!

Submitted by happy virus on Thu, 29/06/06 - 11:18 PM Permalink

Hello all, what I havent stated before is that this is my first time at sumea and my first time in this competition. So hi to eveyone and good luck to all competitors[:)][8D].

This is the Updated final version of my sorceress character. It is very basic compared to some but then again this is a modelling competition not a drawing competition. I believe there are issues witht the stomach area, If it still requires tweaking I will see what I can do about it and this is the first time I do a human character in this fashion

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/happy_virus/2006628231624_SumeaC…"]SumeaCharacter.jpg[/url]
94.63?KB.

Like I said before I will accept any critique as long as it is helpful to making my character look better. What I won't exept is insulting critique. Forgive the Aura as it is my first time trying to draw one so if there is something worng with it I cant do much about it.

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 30/06/06 - 9:31 PM Permalink

G?day, welcome to sumea and the modelling challenge!

I like your concept, it does read as a sorcerer type character. The chains contribute to the mysterious nature of the character, though I think maybe they could be taken a bit further.
Possibly a supernatural kind of glow to her eyes might also help?
Also I think possibly there is something a little off with the cape design. I like how it starts with those little dangly bits around her arms, maybe consider doing that with the bottom of the cape?
Another suggestion is to maybe make her pants a little sexier, to better match her top.

Anyway, just some suggestions I thought could help. It?s a nice concept and I look forward to seeing the model. Good luck! [:)]

Submitted by silvermirage on Fri, 30/06/06 - 9:45 PM Permalink

looking good man,
the concept idea is swish, colours need a bit more polishing
but all in all its a mint concept,

don't worry about getting insults,
most of the guys here are a nice bunch of people
we'll give hell to those who insult other ppl's work

Submitted by happy virus on Fri, 08/09/06 - 7:00 AM Permalink

I am having alot of troubs getting a model in [:(] I know it's a shame, I have alot of other stuff going on and I am very busy, but If I still manage to squeeze in some time to add the 3D model then it would be great. Otherwise maybe next time, but either way good luck to all of the contestants this a great modeller challenge and there are tons of talented modellers on this site, gw all and again good luck for all.