Skip to main content

TSumea Modeller Challenge 10 - Zoid

Submitted by Zoid on

Hey all, just reserving my spot.

Still working on ideas, but most likely something along the lines of an extremely technically-talented but disgruntled engineer. Lots of self-designed custom-made technical toys, computer gizmos etc.

Most likely will be a more subtle villain, rather than outright (obvious) violent means/weapons. Either disgruntled by his previous employers, or throwing off the corporate shackles to be able to fully exploit his more questionable avenues of research.

This is my first challenge, and am still learning Max, photoshop sketching etc. The 4 month timeframe will be good for that, but hope to have something more solid on here soon to get an early start.

Submitted by Zoid on Wed, 06/08/08 - 8:56 AM Permalink

Hey... was thinking up ideas for my initial concept, and it was getting hard to think up something cool without making it overly complicated, so i though i would try a new approach.

After a bit of brainstorming in the car on the way to work today, I had an idea for concept number 2: The Parking Inspector.

Physically, he's your average overweight, grubby, cranky parking inspector (is there any other kind?) ;-) After years in his job, he's finally cracked and gotten sick to death of so many people violoating the laws of the road and common sense, and decided it's up to him to dish out some justice.

Calling card would likely be a death certificate made out to the victim, left on the windscreen of their parked vehicle. He may or not kill all of his victims - i may try and give him some warped 'values' system whereby he kills people for parking illegally in handicapped spaces, etc., but for 'lesser evils' he just lobs off their gear-changing hand, accelerator foot, or something like that.

There may be more concepts coming, but the more i think on this one the more i like it. I need to spend more time on photoshop, so i can get something of decent enough quality that I can put up here. Will try not to make it take too long.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 08/08/08 - 2:47 PM Permalink

What are your plans on making this character stand out, rather than as some fat guy with a parking inspector outfit?

Posted by Zoid on

Hey all, just reserving my spot.

Still working on ideas, but most likely something along the lines of an extremely technically-talented but disgruntled engineer. Lots of self-designed custom-made technical toys, computer gizmos etc.

Most likely will be a more subtle villain, rather than outright (obvious) violent means/weapons. Either disgruntled by his previous employers, or throwing off the corporate shackles to be able to fully exploit his more questionable avenues of research.

This is my first challenge, and am still learning Max, photoshop sketching etc. The 4 month timeframe will be good for that, but hope to have something more solid on here soon to get an early start.

Submitted by Zoid on Wed, 06/08/08 - 8:56 AM Permalink

Hey... was thinking up ideas for my initial concept, and it was getting hard to think up something cool without making it overly complicated, so i though i would try a new approach.

After a bit of brainstorming in the car on the way to work today, I had an idea for concept number 2: The Parking Inspector.

Physically, he's your average overweight, grubby, cranky parking inspector (is there any other kind?) ;-) After years in his job, he's finally cracked and gotten sick to death of so many people violoating the laws of the road and common sense, and decided it's up to him to dish out some justice.

Calling card would likely be a death certificate made out to the victim, left on the windscreen of their parked vehicle. He may or not kill all of his victims - i may try and give him some warped 'values' system whereby he kills people for parking illegally in handicapped spaces, etc., but for 'lesser evils' he just lobs off their gear-changing hand, accelerator foot, or something like that.

There may be more concepts coming, but the more i think on this one the more i like it. I need to spend more time on photoshop, so i can get something of decent enough quality that I can put up here. Will try not to make it take too long.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 08/08/08 - 2:47 PM Permalink

What are your plans on making this character stand out, rather than as some fat guy with a parking inspector outfit?