Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Tue, 27/07/04 - 6:36 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by MoonUnit

lookin good so far, very nasty face youve got there

thanx

Im workin on the concept art now and trust me its a lot nastier

;)

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 27/07/04 - 8:07 AM Permalink

Looking good there.
You textured the head already? his eyes are a bit bright(white). Work really hard on them, they are a focal point for the face so alot of the attention will go there first when people see the face. Different values of blue mixed with abit of green always looks nice.

Submitted by Jackablade on Tue, 27/07/04 - 8:54 AM Permalink

Pink also works nicely for that bloodshot "I've been texturing all day" look.

Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Tue, 27/07/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

thanx for the feedback
Im finishing off the concept piece so people can see where im heading

the tex is just a rough one for now Im going to aim for a lot more realism

If you have seen the "gentlemen" episode of buffy thats the kind of thing im aiming at
(I will write a proper background for it soon)

Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Thu, 29/07/04 - 7:49 AM Permalink

OK finally here is my concept

The setting:
The lowstreets of London 1901.

The Story: 13 years after
Marie Jeanette) Kelly was discovered murdered and the case long on the dusty shelves of scotland yard, bodies of young women start to appear bearing all of the hallmarks of the famous Jack the Ripper. The real truth being that the first supposed victim Mary Ann (Polly) Nichols was killed not by Jack himself but by extreme medical and occult practices of the wealthy and medically elite illuminati in a search for eternal life. Our Jack was the unfortunate volunteer/victim of a demonic autopsy that went horribly right. In a rotting shell of a body the tortured spirit of jack escaped into the dark alleys with a hunger. a voracious addiction for fresh organs to ease his agony, after killing four more victims he was finally recaptured and held in a cell where experiments were continued for many years. Scotland yard as their attempts were thwarted to cover up the truth, Jack has escaped their grasp once more and there is a second chance to discover the horrible truth about the famous Jack the ripper.
He needs flesh....their flesh...your flesh....So lie back and relax the doctor is in the house.

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lord_raveN/200472874734_jack_con…"]jack_concept.jpg[/url]
31.36 KBer

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 9:30 AM Permalink

That?s actually not a bad picture. He looks like and kiss plus Michael Jackson impersonator.

Submitted by Ferocitas on Thu, 29/07/04 - 10:39 AM Permalink

rofl.. you could just do a model representing michael jackson in 30 years, that'd scare the bejesus out of quite a few people.

Submitted by Jackablade on Thu, 29/07/04 - 12:38 PM Permalink

Wicked concept man. Certainly a lot more trouble than I'd ever go to, particularly for a competition that doesn't judge concept art. Your background story is a nice one too. Would make a good film... or indeed game.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 29/07/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

looks great, love the manic expression and the split down the head

Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Fri, 30/07/04 - 4:59 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Jackablade

Wicked concept man. Certainly a lot more trouble than I'd ever go to, particularly for a competition that doesn't judge concept art. Your background story is a nice one too. Would make a good film... or indeed game.

Thanks for the compliments although im not too sure of the michael jackson thing (alice cooper or marylin manson maybe) [;)]

i dont know really how the concept art affects the judging but i thought it would be good to demonstrate what i was going for (it can be a challenge to get the look of the model close to the concept)
so it was also a reference for myself. I love survival horror like Res. Evil but wanted to take the focus off the hardware and genetic science etc, so i set it back in time a bit. It would take more than a swift belt with a truncheon and a "your nicked son" to take this guy down, giving the term survival a better emphasis. And mist... lots of mist a great tool for horror. eg werewolf in london, ravenloft, HP lovecraft.

Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Wed, 18/08/04 - 8:18 PM Permalink

Just a post to say Im still in there
been too busy at work but cant wait to get stuck in over the weekend

there are some awesome models out there
will be good to see some of them all textured up

cheers
P

Hi there
Ihave never done a Sumea Challenge b4 so here goes

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 27/07/04 - 6:23 AM Permalink

Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Tue, 27/07/04 - 6:36 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by MoonUnit

thanx

Im workin on the concept art now and trust me its a lot nastier

;)

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 27/07/04 - 8:07 AM Permalink

Looking good there.
You textured the head already? his eyes are a bit bright(white). Work really hard on them, they are a focal point for the face so alot of the attention will go there first when people see the face. Different values of blue mixed with abit of green always looks nice.

Submitted by Jackablade on Tue, 27/07/04 - 8:54 AM Permalink

Pink also works nicely for that bloodshot "I've been texturing all day" look.

Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Tue, 27/07/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

thanx for the feedback
Im finishing off the concept piece so people can see where im heading

the tex is just a rough one for now Im going to aim for a lot more realism

If you have seen the "gentlemen" episode of buffy thats the kind of thing im aiming at
(I will write a proper background for it soon)

Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Thu, 29/07/04 - 7:49 AM Permalink

OK finally here is my concept

The setting:
The lowstreets of London 1901.

The Story: 13 years after
Marie Jeanette) Kelly was discovered murdered and the case long on the dusty shelves of scotland yard, bodies of young women start to appear bearing all of the hallmarks of the famous Jack the Ripper. The real truth being that the first supposed victim Mary Ann (Polly) Nichols was killed not by Jack himself but by extreme medical and occult practices of the wealthy and medically elite illuminati in a search for eternal life. Our Jack was the unfortunate volunteer/victim of a demonic autopsy that went horribly right. In a rotting shell of a body the tortured spirit of jack escaped into the dark alleys with a hunger. a voracious addiction for fresh organs to ease his agony, after killing four more victims he was finally recaptured and held in a cell where experiments were continued for many years. Scotland yard as their attempts were thwarted to cover up the truth, Jack has escaped their grasp once more and there is a second chance to discover the horrible truth about the famous Jack the ripper.
He needs flesh....their flesh...your flesh....So lie back and relax the doctor is in the house.

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lord_raveN/200472874734_jack_con…"]jack_concept.jpg[/url]
31.36 KBer

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 9:30 AM Permalink

That?s actually not a bad picture. He looks like and kiss plus Michael Jackson impersonator.

Submitted by Ferocitas on Thu, 29/07/04 - 10:39 AM Permalink

rofl.. you could just do a model representing michael jackson in 30 years, that'd scare the bejesus out of quite a few people.

Submitted by Jackablade on Thu, 29/07/04 - 12:38 PM Permalink

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 29/07/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

looks great, love the manic expression and the split down the head

Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Fri, 30/07/04 - 4:59 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Jackablade

Thanks for the compliments although im not too sure of the michael jackson thing (alice cooper or marylin manson maybe) [;)]

i dont know really how the concept art affects the judging but i thought it would be good to demonstrate what i was going for (it can be a challenge to get the look of the model close to the concept)
so it was also a reference for myself. I love survival horror like Res. Evil but wanted to take the focus off the hardware and genetic science etc, so i set it back in time a bit. It would take more than a swift belt with a truncheon and a "your nicked son" to take this guy down, giving the term survival a better emphasis. And mist... lots of mist a great tool for horror. eg werewolf in london, ravenloft, HP lovecraft.

Submitted by Lord RaVeN on Wed, 18/08/04 - 8:18 PM Permalink

Just a post to say Im still in there
been too busy at work but cant wait to get stuck in over the weekend

there are some awesome models out there
will be good to see some of them all textured up

cheers
P