Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #6 - 3D - Ferocitas

Submitted by Ferocitas on

Ok, heres my other idea.

Story goes, this alien or demonic life form infects/takes control of the young of inteligent bipedal life forms (so that it can use them for a while before the body can no longer endure the parasites presense). When the gestation period is complete, the agressors features become visible on the rear of the infected creatures cranium. Basically, the agressor gives its host superhuman abilities, i.e. unnatural speed, strength and vitality, not to mention longevity, and knowledge and memories from the eon spanning lifetime of the parasites.

The back of the head idea was inspired from lord voldemort in the first harry potter. I think this guy could be a boss / overlord type character. When its not in combat, it wears a cloak, which covers the alien/demon head. When it is in combat, it throws away the cloak and the alien/demonic head starts jabbering incantations etc. i dont know if I should give it an accompanying weapon of some sort. Like a massive sword or spike studded dummy...most of the poly budjet will be spend on the head [:0]

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Ferocitas/2004726112144_concept2…"]concept2L.jpg[/url]
125.53?KB

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Tue, 27/07/04 - 11:40 AM Permalink

USF: Kick the Baby

Demon Child Overlord: Don't kick the baby WAAAAA!

I donno if you have already guessed but I'm not really getting any scary vibes from him.. something like that came up to me it would just be a swift kick and.. Field goal!

Submitted by Ferocitas on Tue, 27/07/04 - 8:47 PM Permalink

Thats fair enuff, is there anything u think i should add to the demon baby to make it more disturbing?

Submitted by fullmoon on Tue, 27/07/04 - 11:12 PM Permalink

I like the idea of the spike studded dummy Ferocitas.
True, the character doesn't possess the repulsive fear factor of some of the other characters, but who says there can't be a bit of humour/amusement in any genre including horror/survival.

Submitted by Ferocitas on Wed, 28/07/04 - 9:02 AM Permalink

Yeah true, bit of humour goes a long way. But i wanted something scary lol this obviously isn't it! ah well. back to the drawing board.

Submitted by Jackablade on Wed, 28/07/04 - 12:23 PM Permalink

Haha, cool concept. It could do with something though given the amount of polys you have at your disposal. Perhaps some sort of demonically warped toy or the like.

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 10:54 AM Permalink

Even if you did kick the baby, It would still come back for more. What if it was sneaking around in the shadows making weird baby noises and when your back is turned it could pounce, what then ha. Then what would you do.

When I first saw this I though it was an alien mostly because of the big black eyes. I think if it were more like a human baby it would be more effective.

Submitted by Ferocitas on Thu, 29/07/04 - 11:55 AM Permalink

Jackablade: Yeah i was thinking some kind of bloody, spide studded dummy as mentioned above. or maybe it has an evil jack-in-the-box as a sidekick?

goodgod: i think u may be right, the whole, innocent big googoo eyes would lull you into a false sense of security, then when u least expect it, it turns around and ur a smoking pile of ashes hehe

either way, i've moved onto a 3rd concept.

Submitted by Jackablade on Thu, 29/07/04 - 12:19 PM Permalink

Theres already someone doing an evil jack-in-the-box. How about an toy on a string that he can drag along behind him. But, you know, evil. Should make for something a little different.

Posted by Ferocitas on

Ok, heres my other idea.

Story goes, this alien or demonic life form infects/takes control of the young of inteligent bipedal life forms (so that it can use them for a while before the body can no longer endure the parasites presense). When the gestation period is complete, the agressors features become visible on the rear of the infected creatures cranium. Basically, the agressor gives its host superhuman abilities, i.e. unnatural speed, strength and vitality, not to mention longevity, and knowledge and memories from the eon spanning lifetime of the parasites.

The back of the head idea was inspired from lord voldemort in the first harry potter. I think this guy could be a boss / overlord type character. When its not in combat, it wears a cloak, which covers the alien/demon head. When it is in combat, it throws away the cloak and the alien/demonic head starts jabbering incantations etc. i dont know if I should give it an accompanying weapon of some sort. Like a massive sword or spike studded dummy...most of the poly budjet will be spend on the head [:0]

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Ferocitas/2004726112144_concept2…"]concept2L.jpg[/url]
125.53?KB

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Tue, 27/07/04 - 11:40 AM Permalink

USF: Kick the Baby

Demon Child Overlord: Don't kick the baby WAAAAA!

I donno if you have already guessed but I'm not really getting any scary vibes from him.. something like that came up to me it would just be a swift kick and.. Field goal!

Submitted by Ferocitas on Tue, 27/07/04 - 8:47 PM Permalink

Thats fair enuff, is there anything u think i should add to the demon baby to make it more disturbing?

Submitted by fullmoon on Tue, 27/07/04 - 11:12 PM Permalink

I like the idea of the spike studded dummy Ferocitas.
True, the character doesn't possess the repulsive fear factor of some of the other characters, but who says there can't be a bit of humour/amusement in any genre including horror/survival.

Submitted by Ferocitas on Wed, 28/07/04 - 9:02 AM Permalink

Yeah true, bit of humour goes a long way. But i wanted something scary lol this obviously isn't it! ah well. back to the drawing board.

Submitted by Jackablade on Wed, 28/07/04 - 12:23 PM Permalink

Haha, cool concept. It could do with something though given the amount of polys you have at your disposal. Perhaps some sort of demonically warped toy or the like.

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 10:54 AM Permalink

Even if you did kick the baby, It would still come back for more. What if it was sneaking around in the shadows making weird baby noises and when your back is turned it could pounce, what then ha. Then what would you do.

When I first saw this I though it was an alien mostly because of the big black eyes. I think if it were more like a human baby it would be more effective.

Submitted by Ferocitas on Thu, 29/07/04 - 11:55 AM Permalink

Jackablade: Yeah i was thinking some kind of bloody, spide studded dummy as mentioned above. or maybe it has an evil jack-in-the-box as a sidekick?

goodgod: i think u may be right, the whole, innocent big googoo eyes would lull you into a false sense of security, then when u least expect it, it turns around and ur a smoking pile of ashes hehe

either way, i've moved onto a 3rd concept.

Submitted by Jackablade on Thu, 29/07/04 - 12:19 PM Permalink

Theres already someone doing an evil jack-in-the-box. How about an toy on a string that he can drag along behind him. But, you know, evil. Should make for something a little different.