Skip to main content

pod pilot - manga style

This is a project that I started with the intent of entering it into a competition run by Wacom. But I started it WAY too late and didn't make the deadline. A month of working on it on and off (enthusiasm wained for a bit post comp deadline) I have finally finished*!

Technique is a bit long winded and included doing all of the line work at vector art to ensure smooth flowing lines.

*apart from the multitude of small changes I am considering

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 17/08/07 - 10:14 AM Permalink

thats really cool, great work on the personality, lighting and background.

the fingers look a bit strange to the hand (hand could be less broad but that would mess up proportions) or line work for fingers simplified/ fingers made thicker.

would be tempted not to have a line under the jawbone above the neck, and to change the shape of the highlight on the left shoulder to suggest a bit more connection of deltoid to pectoralis

Posted by Johnn on

This is a project that I started with the intent of entering it into a competition run by Wacom. But I started it WAY too late and didn't make the deadline. A month of working on it on and off (enthusiasm wained for a bit post comp deadline) I have finally finished*!

Technique is a bit long winded and included doing all of the line work at vector art to ensure smooth flowing lines.

*apart from the multitude of small changes I am considering

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 17/08/07 - 10:14 AM Permalink

thats really cool, great work on the personality, lighting and background.

the fingers look a bit strange to the hand (hand could be less broad but that would mess up proportions) or line work for fingers simplified/ fingers made thicker.

would be tempted not to have a line under the jawbone above the neck, and to change the shape of the highlight on the left shoulder to suggest a bit more connection of deltoid to pectoralis