Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #4 -3D- goodgod - Challenger #6

Submitted by goodgod on

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~alma_asher/mainpic.gif[/img]
This is a fish like bug. It?s part of the final project for this comp. Do you like?

Submitted by Goldenchocobo on Tue, 26/08/03 - 9:17 PM Permalink

looks pretty cool. Which one are you going to model? the parasite looking creature or the tranformed human or both? It would be good if you did both

Submitted by jacobt on Tue, 26/08/03 - 11:03 PM Permalink

I really like that shaded version!

Maybe try to stick to the challenge outline a bit more and add something to make it more regal.

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 26/08/03 - 11:06 PM Permalink

We are getting some unique ideas for this challenge which is really good.
But don't forget its meant to be a Demonic Overlord, I hope you can bring that out in the final piece.

Submitted by goodgod on Wed, 27/08/03 - 5:08 AM Permalink

Well I?m going to model the smooth looking one but it?ll be part of the final entry in to this challenge. I am doing year 12 right now so I wont be able to put too much time in to it. It will be demonic, you'll see.

Submitted by smeg on Fri, 29/08/03 - 7:03 AM Permalink

"Demonic Overlord? Damnit, I thought it was darklord..." *deletes max file*

I really like the idea of that fish bug inside somebody. I'll be interested to see how the idea pans out.

Good work.

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Sun, 31/08/03 - 10:27 PM Permalink

looking sweet dude, your concept and model are spot on. pitty with games thats not always the best thing... In the fact that it looks like you have a heap of polies in a few areas where you can take them out. if this was your only model you would be fine but you still have to make your dude that the little bugger goes in. and something to make him look scary you know.. weapons.. etc..

while I was looking at your dude I thought it would be cool if you made the "host" or main body Transparent like a final fantasy "the Movie" ghost look. you could also put in some polies inside the body and use them to draw vains.

keep up the good work.

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 01/09/03 - 9:43 AM Permalink

Love the design :)
Although going by the concepts Im not sure if it will fit the demonic overlord theme. But that could change once its textured.

Submitted by davidcoen on Sun, 07/09/03 - 9:22 AM Permalink

i forget the word for it from advertising, but there is the concept of after working on something for a while, to take a new peice of paper and just going crazy with the design to see if you can find some way of improving it. I look at this and wonder what it would be like if the bug was more dominant in the humanoid... ie. things like the tenticles coming out the ears or the tail and mass of the bug causing the torso and spine to arch out dramatically... or the humanoid hands now being useless and the tenticles have to do all the work.....

Submitted by goodgod on Mon, 08/09/03 - 8:21 PM Permalink

UniqueSnowFlake
So far the bug is only about 1600 faces, and personally I think that I?ve done a good job sharing the faces out evenly. As you should be able to tell by the concept art that I would not use the hole bug mesh but the eye and the tail only. The vanes idea is good but it just wouldn't work for the demon guy, but I do have some similar ideas for the bug like glowing arms. That?s why the vanes are glowing in the concept art.

That?s for the feedback.

Makk
Thanks for the complement, and yeah, I?m trying to make it as demonic as possible.

Dabidcoen
I just think that tentacles coming from his ears And all that other stuff that you suggested would be completely useless, and would not fit the character of the bug.

Even if it is useless, feedback is feedback, so thanks.

Submitted by goodgod on Fri, 26/09/03 - 8:40 AM Permalink

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~alma_asher/mypic7.jpg[/img]
This is the big bad demon but it's not my entry in to this comp.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~alma_asher/mypic6.jpg[/img]
This is the model that I?m submitting in the comp.

I finished modeling and texturing both these models more then a week ago but I?ve been too busy this week to do anything else towards on the comp. Thank you for your time.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 29/09/03 - 8:26 AM Permalink

I'm going to let you in as challenger #6, but because you didn't post the required shots, it may affect how the judges vote on it!

Posted by goodgod on

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~alma_asher/mainpic.gif[/img]
This is a fish like bug. It?s part of the final project for this comp. Do you like?

Submitted by Goldenchocobo on Tue, 26/08/03 - 9:17 PM Permalink

looks pretty cool. Which one are you going to model? the parasite looking creature or the tranformed human or both? It would be good if you did both

Submitted by jacobt on Tue, 26/08/03 - 11:03 PM Permalink

I really like that shaded version!

Maybe try to stick to the challenge outline a bit more and add something to make it more regal.

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 26/08/03 - 11:06 PM Permalink

We are getting some unique ideas for this challenge which is really good.
But don't forget its meant to be a Demonic Overlord, I hope you can bring that out in the final piece.

Submitted by goodgod on Wed, 27/08/03 - 5:08 AM Permalink

Well I?m going to model the smooth looking one but it?ll be part of the final entry in to this challenge. I am doing year 12 right now so I wont be able to put too much time in to it. It will be demonic, you'll see.

Submitted by smeg on Fri, 29/08/03 - 7:03 AM Permalink

"Demonic Overlord? Damnit, I thought it was darklord..." *deletes max file*

I really like the idea of that fish bug inside somebody. I'll be interested to see how the idea pans out.

Good work.

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Sun, 31/08/03 - 10:27 PM Permalink

looking sweet dude, your concept and model are spot on. pitty with games thats not always the best thing... In the fact that it looks like you have a heap of polies in a few areas where you can take them out. if this was your only model you would be fine but you still have to make your dude that the little bugger goes in. and something to make him look scary you know.. weapons.. etc..

while I was looking at your dude I thought it would be cool if you made the "host" or main body Transparent like a final fantasy "the Movie" ghost look. you could also put in some polies inside the body and use them to draw vains.

keep up the good work.

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 01/09/03 - 9:43 AM Permalink

Love the design :)
Although going by the concepts Im not sure if it will fit the demonic overlord theme. But that could change once its textured.

Submitted by davidcoen on Sun, 07/09/03 - 9:22 AM Permalink

i forget the word for it from advertising, but there is the concept of after working on something for a while, to take a new peice of paper and just going crazy with the design to see if you can find some way of improving it. I look at this and wonder what it would be like if the bug was more dominant in the humanoid... ie. things like the tenticles coming out the ears or the tail and mass of the bug causing the torso and spine to arch out dramatically... or the humanoid hands now being useless and the tenticles have to do all the work.....

Submitted by goodgod on Mon, 08/09/03 - 8:21 PM Permalink

UniqueSnowFlake
So far the bug is only about 1600 faces, and personally I think that I?ve done a good job sharing the faces out evenly. As you should be able to tell by the concept art that I would not use the hole bug mesh but the eye and the tail only. The vanes idea is good but it just wouldn't work for the demon guy, but I do have some similar ideas for the bug like glowing arms. That?s why the vanes are glowing in the concept art.

That?s for the feedback.

Makk
Thanks for the complement, and yeah, I?m trying to make it as demonic as possible.

Dabidcoen
I just think that tentacles coming from his ears And all that other stuff that you suggested would be completely useless, and would not fit the character of the bug.

Even if it is useless, feedback is feedback, so thanks.

Submitted by goodgod on Fri, 26/09/03 - 8:40 AM Permalink

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~alma_asher/mypic7.jpg[/img]
This is the big bad demon but it's not my entry in to this comp.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~alma_asher/mypic6.jpg[/img]
This is the model that I?m submitting in the comp.

I finished modeling and texturing both these models more then a week ago but I?ve been too busy this week to do anything else towards on the comp. Thank you for your time.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 29/09/03 - 8:26 AM Permalink

I'm going to let you in as challenger #6, but because you didn't post the required shots, it may affect how the judges vote on it!