Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #6 -3D- Noreha

Submitted by noreha on

ahoy hoy all, this is just a message to confirm that I will be entering the competition, even though the rival concepts and models kick much ass. This is purely to ensure that I actually get down to it and complete the model, not just talk aboot it.

Well I was going to go for a bit of a well-troden path of zombies with limbs made of metal, then humans that had been experimented on, then dead animals with extra attatchments. So I guess my gut will tell me what I need to do...possibly.

I will be going for a bit of an Cabin Fever type of minion, you know, skin hanging off in folds, pussy looking eyeballs, and possibly two humans that have basically absorbed each other, and some mechanical elements. Think Robocop guy who gets hit with acid for the skin.

Will be posting an image of my concept at a later stage, probably in a couple of days.

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 27/07/04 - 3:49 AM Permalink

Well your committed now! Lets see a concept! [:D]

Submitted by noreha on Wed, 28/07/04 - 1:40 PM Permalink

Here is a bit more of the concept I have for the character.

It was a day like any other when Clarence, the ultra-yuppie, left for work in his Mercedes SLK convertible. But this day a truck carrying telephone poles was left on an incline minus the handbrake. The truck slammed into the Mercedes, losing it's cargo. A telephone pole hit Clarence in the chest leaving quite a large hole, and shattering glass neatly removed Clarence's head.

Quick thinking by a conveniently nearby crazed scientist, Clarence was saved, albeit as a walking monstrosity. His head now sits proudly in the cavity left in his chest, along with the Mercedes bonnet emblem, embedded in his forehead.

Now Clarence is a slave to the scientist doing his evil bidding, and his accounting work.

Unfortunately I do not have a scanner to scan my lovely pencil work, please note the sarcasm, but I will be placing at least some of the images of the model in progress.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/07/04 - 7:28 PM Permalink

"by a conveniently nearby crazed scientist"

LOL they allways crop up when you need em :P

Submitted by Jackablade on Wed, 28/07/04 - 11:21 PM Permalink

quote:Unfortunately I do not have a scanner to scan my lovely pencil work, please note the sarcasm, but I will be placing at least some of the images of the model in progress.Couldn't you whip something up on a graphic tablet, just so we've got some vague idea what your character is going to look like?

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 28/07/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Jackablade

quote:Unfortunately I do not have a scanner to scan my lovely pencil work, please note the sarcasm, but I will be placing at least some of the images of the model in progress.Couldn't you whip something up on a graphic tablet, just so we've got some vague idea what your character is going to look like?

Or even paint it with a mouse [:D]

Posted by noreha on

ahoy hoy all, this is just a message to confirm that I will be entering the competition, even though the rival concepts and models kick much ass. This is purely to ensure that I actually get down to it and complete the model, not just talk aboot it.

Well I was going to go for a bit of a well-troden path of zombies with limbs made of metal, then humans that had been experimented on, then dead animals with extra attatchments. So I guess my gut will tell me what I need to do...possibly.

I will be going for a bit of an Cabin Fever type of minion, you know, skin hanging off in folds, pussy looking eyeballs, and possibly two humans that have basically absorbed each other, and some mechanical elements. Think Robocop guy who gets hit with acid for the skin.

Will be posting an image of my concept at a later stage, probably in a couple of days.

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 27/07/04 - 3:49 AM Permalink

Well your committed now! Lets see a concept! [:D]

Submitted by noreha on Wed, 28/07/04 - 1:40 PM Permalink

Here is a bit more of the concept I have for the character.

It was a day like any other when Clarence, the ultra-yuppie, left for work in his Mercedes SLK convertible. But this day a truck carrying telephone poles was left on an incline minus the handbrake. The truck slammed into the Mercedes, losing it's cargo. A telephone pole hit Clarence in the chest leaving quite a large hole, and shattering glass neatly removed Clarence's head.

Quick thinking by a conveniently nearby crazed scientist, Clarence was saved, albeit as a walking monstrosity. His head now sits proudly in the cavity left in his chest, along with the Mercedes bonnet emblem, embedded in his forehead.

Now Clarence is a slave to the scientist doing his evil bidding, and his accounting work.

Unfortunately I do not have a scanner to scan my lovely pencil work, please note the sarcasm, but I will be placing at least some of the images of the model in progress.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/07/04 - 7:28 PM Permalink

"by a conveniently nearby crazed scientist"

LOL they allways crop up when you need em :P

Submitted by Jackablade on Wed, 28/07/04 - 11:21 PM Permalink

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 28/07/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Jackablade

Or even paint it with a mouse [:D]