Skip to main content

Junior Programmer for Pandemic Studios

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Junior Programmer ? Pandemic Studios, Brisbane

Pandemic Studios' Australian office is currently seeking a junior programmer to compliment its concept development team. Pandemic's professional management approach and commitment to quality of life are the foundation of one of the industry's largest, most successful independent developers. We are currently seeking a programmer to join our fun, professional studio and join a team as committed to games as you are!

Primary Responsibilities

* Participates in the development, writing, testing, and debugging of code.

* Strives for the highest quality in their work by listening to feedback and incorporating changes as requested by the Lead Programmer.

* Interprets data and resolves complex issues relating to programming and provides expertise and innovative problem solving.

* Programs gameplay, ai, graphics, audio and tools code as required.

* Produces documentation for other programmers' use.

* Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.

Required:

* Successful completion of a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree from a recognized post-secondary institute, or equivalent experience or training.

* Highly proficient in C/C++ and Object Oriented Design.

* Flexible and adaptable; able to move with ease between tasks as required.

* Must possess strong communication skills; effectively communicates issues before or as they arise and constructively communicates problems and offers solutions or help.

* Passion for game development.

Preferences:

* Development of personal/hobby game projects.

* Strives to learn new skills and pass on knowledge to other team members.

* Console Programming Experience.

Submission Instructions:

If you meet the noted qualifications and want to be part of a successful team offering a bright future then please submit the following directly to: jobs@pandemicstudios.com.au

Cover letter stating your availability.

Current CV / Resume.

Please reference a job title in the subject line of your email.

All submissions are received in confidence. Due to the high volume of submissions, we will only be able to respond to applicants of interest. No phone calls, please.Souri2007-07-24 23:24:33

Posted by souri on
Forum

Junior Programmer ? Pandemic Studios, Brisbane

Pandemic Studios' Australian office is currently seeking a junior programmer to compliment its concept development team. Pandemic's professional management approach and commitment to quality of life are the foundation of one of the industry's largest, most successful independent developers. We are currently seeking a programmer to join our fun, professional studio and join a team as committed to games as you are!

Primary Responsibilities

* Participates in the development, writing, testing, and debugging of code.

* Strives for the highest quality in their work by listening to feedback and incorporating changes as requested by the Lead Programmer.

* Interprets data and resolves complex issues relating to programming and provides expertise and innovative problem solving.

* Programs gameplay, ai, graphics, audio and tools code as required.

* Produces documentation for other programmers' use.

* Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.

Required:

* Successful completion of a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree from a recognized post-secondary institute, or equivalent experience or training.

* Highly proficient in C/C++ and Object Oriented Design.

* Flexible and adaptable; able to move with ease between tasks as required.

* Must possess strong communication skills; effectively communicates issues before or as they arise and constructively communicates problems and offers solutions or help.

* Passion for game development.

Preferences:

* Development of personal/hobby game projects.

* Strives to learn new skills and pass on knowledge to other team members.

* Console Programming Experience.

Submission Instructions:

If you meet the noted qualifications and want to be part of a successful team offering a bright future then please submit the following directly to: jobs@pandemicstudios.com.au

Cover letter stating your availability.

Current CV / Resume.

Please reference a job title in the subject line of your email.

All submissions are received in confidence. Due to the high volume of submissions, we will only be able to respond to applicants of interest. No phone calls, please.Souri2007-07-24 23:24:33