Skip to main content

Alien chick

Submitted by Makk on

I've started on this a few days ago. Been reading about HR Giger and his work inspired this design.
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/eatyourbrain2.jpg[/img]

Head is finished will move onto body, although Im not sure what I will do with the armour parts.
Also there are some strange effect to some of the polies on top of her skull. They appear when I render for some reason. And of course this NOT my model, it was done by this guy- http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polycount/ubb/Forum2/HTML/008898.html?00034

Anyway, must try to keep going :)

Submitted by Johnn on Wed, 26/05/04 - 11:36 AM Permalink

quite Gigerish :) the cheek detail is very much like the skin from his classic Alien designs

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 26/05/04 - 11:46 AM Permalink

those artifacts on the top of the head look to be double edges, or open edges.

Nice texture by the way man !!

Just had a look at the polycount comp - i see the reason for those artifacts - its basically as i said ( i hope [?] ) that the hair pieces you have removed from her scalp have been extruded out of the edges in edit mesh mode, which i think is casuing the prob. But i could be completely wrong although hope im not [:0] Ive come across this thing once before and cant remember quite how i fixed it but im sure it was somthing along those lines,

If anyone can confirm please do so - im all curious now!! [?]

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 26/05/04 - 6:18 PM Permalink

The texture is awesome, i love the little flesh opening on the cheeks, it's a brilliant idea. Good stuff

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 26/05/04 - 6:33 PM Permalink

Looking really sweet Makk. Reminded me of Eve a soon as i saw her :)

The folds under her eyes look a little flatter than the ones under her cheeks.

As for the odd mesh problem, it looks like it could just be smoothing groups. The original character has smoothing all over her, so it is probably just left over info from when you deleted the hair.

Submitted by Stu on Wed, 26/05/04 - 8:13 PM Permalink

Looks cool, it reminded me of Giger before I even read your post.

As for the artifacts, check your smoothing groups, and if it all seems right there then run and STL check modifier on the model to search for open edges and stuff.

Stu

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 26/05/04 - 8:37 PM Permalink

actually just watching independence day on the TV recently that reminds me partially of their aliens (not the big ones with the tentacles, the one they find inside the stomach of the big 'un). Oh and nice work adapting flesh tones to this colour scheme

Submitted by denz on Thu, 27/05/04 - 3:53 AM Permalink

looking awsome makk [:D] Keep it up

Posted by Makk on

I've started on this a few days ago. Been reading about HR Giger and his work inspired this design.
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/eatyourbrain2.jpg[/img]

Head is finished will move onto body, although Im not sure what I will do with the armour parts.
Also there are some strange effect to some of the polies on top of her skull. They appear when I render for some reason. And of course this NOT my model, it was done by this guy- http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polycount/ubb/Forum2/HTML/008898.html?00034

Anyway, must try to keep going :)

Submitted by Johnn on Wed, 26/05/04 - 11:36 AM Permalink

quite Gigerish :) the cheek detail is very much like the skin from his classic Alien designs

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 26/05/04 - 11:46 AM Permalink

those artifacts on the top of the head look to be double edges, or open edges.

Nice texture by the way man !!

Just had a look at the polycount comp - i see the reason for those artifacts - its basically as i said ( i hope [?] ) that the hair pieces you have removed from her scalp have been extruded out of the edges in edit mesh mode, which i think is casuing the prob. But i could be completely wrong although hope im not [:0] Ive come across this thing once before and cant remember quite how i fixed it but im sure it was somthing along those lines,

If anyone can confirm please do so - im all curious now!! [?]

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 26/05/04 - 6:18 PM Permalink

The texture is awesome, i love the little flesh opening on the cheeks, it's a brilliant idea. Good stuff

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 26/05/04 - 6:33 PM Permalink

Looking really sweet Makk. Reminded me of Eve a soon as i saw her :)

The folds under her eyes look a little flatter than the ones under her cheeks.

As for the odd mesh problem, it looks like it could just be smoothing groups. The original character has smoothing all over her, so it is probably just left over info from when you deleted the hair.

Submitted by Stu on Wed, 26/05/04 - 8:13 PM Permalink

Looks cool, it reminded me of Giger before I even read your post.

As for the artifacts, check your smoothing groups, and if it all seems right there then run and STL check modifier on the model to search for open edges and stuff.

Stu

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 26/05/04 - 8:37 PM Permalink

actually just watching independence day on the TV recently that reminds me partially of their aliens (not the big ones with the tentacles, the one they find inside the stomach of the big 'un). Oh and nice work adapting flesh tones to this colour scheme

Submitted by denz on Thu, 27/05/04 - 3:53 AM Permalink

looking awsome makk [:D] Keep it up