Skip to main content

Sumea Modeller Challenge #10 Tolch

Hello! I shall be in on this competition.
Pretty sure i can come up with a villian in 4 months :p

Submitted by Tolch on Mon, 28/07/08 - 11:54 AM Permalink

3 ideas that ive come up with;

Pig sticker: he hates corrupt cops, uses sharp objects to butcher the corpses of his victims and his calling card is a police badge.

Hounder: old bikey gang leader enfuriated by the negligence on today's roads and kills anyone caught disobeying the laws of the roads (his laws not the governments). Calling card is a metal nut or bolt.

Violin Girl: Rogue doctor stuffed up in an operation on her to fix her ears. She now takes revenge on doctors who stuff up in practice using her violin and bow as weapons. Her calling card is a scratch the shape of a music note on the offender.

Just using words to discribe the characters before actually hitting the silouettes and concepts.
Atm im stearing towards the Violin Girl who i will give a better name then that soon =)

Submitted by Tolch on Tue, 29/07/08 - 11:36 AM Permalink

Out of the three i had posted i decided to expand on the Violin Girl.
And as silly Violin Girl sounds after saying it so much its stuck in my head so thats gonna be her name xD =)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 29/07/08 - 3:44 PM Permalink

Since you're doing a ballerina outfit, I hope you do it justice! Those things are pretty fancy and very detailed! Are you modelling based on that profile you posted up? Those legs need to be a bit more shapely! Why don't you use a female figure to profile from some place like www.fineart.sk or are you going for an anime look?

Submitted by Tolch on Tue, 29/07/08 - 10:19 PM Permalink

Hey sorry but its not actually a ballerina outfit Souri >_< its meant to be more of a mini 18th century dress, like the ones with the metal frame thing and shes also wearing a corset.
Concerning the profile pic; i made that as a first sketch at a basic silhouette. I wont be modelling from that but i do appreciate that link that you posted :)

Submitted by Tolch on Tue, 29/07/08 - 10:40 PM Permalink

Violin Girl

Height: 178cm
Weight: 67kg

Physical Description: Slim build, hair stylised; blond, hazel eyes, . Wears clothes fashioned in the style of the 18th century England; ie. Corset. Wears a feather fascinator, black stockings and black sandel high heal shoes.

Bio:
Iris Mavric lost her mind during an operation to save her hearing from a strange ringing. After a performance she complained of ringing sounds whenever she was not playing an instrument. She did not realise this and before she could tell anyone her family invested in a rogue doctor to try and heal her, he did the exact opposite. For a full decade she called the Arkham asylum home until a breakout occurred where she fled with another inmate. The constant ringing in her ears was cured when her inmate stole a violin and used his previous skills as a metal worker to fashion new strings for her.

With the new strings Iris was able to play the violin and think as clearly as an insane person could and decided to hunt down the rogue doctor who ruined her life. Her inmate protested and while attempting to throw away the violin Iris used the bow to slice his throat clean open. She took the violin back and left the metal worker to his death. Iris tracked down the rogue doctor and using her violin entranced him into a nearby park and slit his throat before carving a music note into his shoulder. She now hunts and kills all doctors who have made a mistake in the operating theatre; good or bad...

Submitted by kit11 on Wed, 30/07/08 - 6:09 PM Permalink

sounds great and having the violin made of metal could bring some interesting designs to the instrument

Submitted by Tolch on Wed, 30/07/08 - 7:29 PM Permalink

i intend to stick to what a violin should look like but with hopefully some subtle changes like a longer bow or different body patterns

Submitted by Tolch on Sun, 17/08/08 - 1:06 PM Permalink

I dont actually know how to get link photos form my journal to here to ill continue to use photobucket.

I give you 'Twiddle and Flow'

As the title says, i have remade my villain. I sorta jumped the gun and was really keen for doing the violin girl but i decided to pull back and do a few other concepts and this one i drew up i find would be fun to play with and really interesting to animate =)

Submitted by Tejay on Sun, 17/08/08 - 1:14 PM Permalink

thats an intresting and unique design you got happening there. it wouldnt hurt to flesh it out some more, possibly even stylising comic feel could sweeten it even more

Submitted by sebp on Thu, 28/08/08 - 2:34 PM Permalink

Cool I like that the characters are intertwined, perhaps even Siamese twins?

I like this idea more then the Violin Girl. Heaps good!

Posted by Tolch on

Hello! I shall be in on this competition.
Pretty sure i can come up with a villian in 4 months :p

Submitted by Tolch on Mon, 28/07/08 - 11:54 AM Permalink

3 ideas that ive come up with;

Pig sticker: he hates corrupt cops, uses sharp objects to butcher the corpses of his victims and his calling card is a police badge.

Hounder: old bikey gang leader enfuriated by the negligence on today's roads and kills anyone caught disobeying the laws of the roads (his laws not the governments). Calling card is a metal nut or bolt.

Violin Girl: Rogue doctor stuffed up in an operation on her to fix her ears. She now takes revenge on doctors who stuff up in practice using her violin and bow as weapons. Her calling card is a scratch the shape of a music note on the offender.

Just using words to discribe the characters before actually hitting the silouettes and concepts.
Atm im stearing towards the Violin Girl who i will give a better name then that soon =)

Submitted by Tolch on Tue, 29/07/08 - 11:36 AM Permalink

Out of the three i had posted i decided to expand on the Violin Girl.
And as silly Violin Girl sounds after saying it so much its stuck in my head so thats gonna be her name xD =)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 29/07/08 - 3:44 PM Permalink

Since you're doing a ballerina outfit, I hope you do it justice! Those things are pretty fancy and very detailed! Are you modelling based on that profile you posted up? Those legs need to be a bit more shapely! Why don't you use a female figure to profile from some place like www.fineart.sk or are you going for an anime look?

Submitted by Tolch on Tue, 29/07/08 - 10:19 PM Permalink

Hey sorry but its not actually a ballerina outfit Souri >_< its meant to be more of a mini 18th century dress, like the ones with the metal frame thing and shes also wearing a corset.
Concerning the profile pic; i made that as a first sketch at a basic silhouette. I wont be modelling from that but i do appreciate that link that you posted :)

Submitted by Tolch on Tue, 29/07/08 - 10:40 PM Permalink

Violin Girl

Height: 178cm
Weight: 67kg

Physical Description: Slim build, hair stylised; blond, hazel eyes, . Wears clothes fashioned in the style of the 18th century England; ie. Corset. Wears a feather fascinator, black stockings and black sandel high heal shoes.

Bio:
Iris Mavric lost her mind during an operation to save her hearing from a strange ringing. After a performance she complained of ringing sounds whenever she was not playing an instrument. She did not realise this and before she could tell anyone her family invested in a rogue doctor to try and heal her, he did the exact opposite. For a full decade she called the Arkham asylum home until a breakout occurred where she fled with another inmate. The constant ringing in her ears was cured when her inmate stole a violin and used his previous skills as a metal worker to fashion new strings for her.

With the new strings Iris was able to play the violin and think as clearly as an insane person could and decided to hunt down the rogue doctor who ruined her life. Her inmate protested and while attempting to throw away the violin Iris used the bow to slice his throat clean open. She took the violin back and left the metal worker to his death. Iris tracked down the rogue doctor and using her violin entranced him into a nearby park and slit his throat before carving a music note into his shoulder. She now hunts and kills all doctors who have made a mistake in the operating theatre; good or bad...

Submitted by kit11 on Wed, 30/07/08 - 6:09 PM Permalink

sounds great and having the violin made of metal could bring some interesting designs to the instrument

Submitted by Tolch on Wed, 30/07/08 - 7:29 PM Permalink

i intend to stick to what a violin should look like but with hopefully some subtle changes like a longer bow or different body patterns

Submitted by Tolch on Sun, 17/08/08 - 1:06 PM Permalink

I dont actually know how to get link photos form my journal to here to ill continue to use photobucket.

I give you 'Twiddle and Flow'

As the title says, i have remade my villain. I sorta jumped the gun and was really keen for doing the violin girl but i decided to pull back and do a few other concepts and this one i drew up i find would be fun to play with and really interesting to animate =)

Submitted by Tejay on Sun, 17/08/08 - 1:14 PM Permalink

thats an intresting and unique design you got happening there. it wouldnt hurt to flesh it out some more, possibly even stylising comic feel could sweeten it even more

Submitted by sebp on Thu, 28/08/08 - 2:34 PM Permalink

Cool I like that the characters are intertwined, perhaps even Siamese twins?

I like this idea more then the Violin Girl. Heaps good!