Skip to main content

Sumea Modeller Challenge #10 _CAD_

• Hey Guys and Gals

Just thought i'd post my latest mini comp entry. this is Gen'ral Scythe L'Kar (yes i forgot the ' in my entry :P) any screwups when it comes to spelling im blaming on submitting 10 mins before the deadline so i was…

• This is just a quick sample of my stuff. although it centres around character art i am perfectly capable of working on environment assets as well.

Hope You Like :D

CAD

• Hey guys just thought id share and get your opinion on my entry for a mini comp over at gameartisans.org the brief was to make a character and fit it to the Kingdom hearts universe and 'gear them for war'.

So this is my interperatation of…

• Name: Lawrence Jacobs

Known Alias: 'The Pitbull'

Height: 6'' 8'

Weight: 120kg

Spouse: Carolyn Jacobs(deceased)

Children: Nicole Jacobs(deceased)

As a child Lawrence lived with his mother…

• This is just a small summary of some of the stuff i omitted from the full backstory which if you would like to take the time to read, you can find it in another one of my journal posts as the four pages i wrote is a little more than the few…

Submitted by _CAD_ on

Just gotta wrap up some stuff on a previously completed comp and then ill get started on this one, 4 months wow sorta overkill, id better have somethin good with that sorta time frame.

Submitted by _CAD_ on Wed, 05/11/08 - 10:44 AM Permalink

Update 10

Well the texturing is getting there i havnt updated in a while and am yet to rig and do the spec map ,spec colour and some general texture tweaks and seam cleanup but im happy with the progress im making and will be done soon. ive got to work a bit more on my demo reel and portfolio so work on this wil slow a little bit.

as usual C&C is always welcome and much appreciated

Link to hi res: http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp26/__CAD__/Update10.jpg

Submitted by _CAD_ on Tue, 11/11/08 - 5:03 PM Permalink

ok fresh from my weekend playing gears of war 2 (a little to much), ive managed to do a bit more, in my next update i will have a completed spec colour and spec level map and have cleaned up a few seams in bodypaint (awesome program and everyone needs to use it :):). still doing general texture edits which will keep happening right up until i finish but i digress...

what i actually wanted to ask was if anyone knows how to get decent specular bloom effects in max? cause i spent half of today tryin to get something but got no where fast so yea any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

OK off to work :(

Submitted by _CAD_ on Sat, 15/11/08 - 1:34 AM Permalink

Well i figured the bloom out and then managed to corrupt my half finished rig save files and had to start again :(, though on the positive side i have finished my spec maps and am about 80% done with the new rig(will be finished by tomoro i swear.......if gears doesnt distract me :P)

okay well im off to play gea......i mean get back to work :D

Submitted by Kookiemunster on Wed, 03/12/08 - 1:57 AM Permalink

So are you done now. Post up your maps.... Or are you going to do that the day b4 it ends. looking sweet man. I was expecting more of an action pose though but still you have time. to tweek if you want. but this looks real nice..... Where is the calling card? I would put that in so you don't get disqualified. Has to be in the money shot. It would really suck if that happened just because there was no calling card in shot. Anyway I ramble on ALOT so yeah. Love the piece.

Submitted by _CAD_ on Wed, 03/12/08 - 2:14 PM Permalink

Thanks Kookie 'preciate it,

im not done jusssst yet :D still got some stuff to tweak, poses included(im still not dead set on this one), im working on the calling card at the moment and writing his backstory so i dont get disqualified :). got at least a week left so ive got some time.

Submitted by sebp on Fri, 05/12/08 - 10:33 AM Permalink

Well done CAD this is a real show stopper. The over coat worked out really well, as has the rest of the characters out fit.

and the winner is.....

Submitted by _CAD_ on Tue, 09/12/08 - 3:25 PM Permalink

So we're nearly at the end of a loooong comp and i thought that i was nearing completion, ive completed numbers 2,3,4,5,6 of the submissions and i thought i had the money shot down but after seeing some of the new stuff going up which is absolutely kick ass i realized ive got a lot of work to go so im going to spend the rest of the time fixing up my money shot and getting it as cool as i possibly can.

congrats on the excellent work everyone is doing and ill hopefully see you all at the finish line :D

Submitted by Dwhittaker on Mon, 15/12/08 - 4:05 PM Permalink

everything is very impressive about this, and is probably one of the best entries ive seen so far, it is stylized and original, only thing that doesn't sit well with me however is the pose, as a villain of this size he looks like the type to be standing out in the open with reckless abandon not propped up behind a pillar.

good luck

Posted by _CAD_ on

Just gotta wrap up some stuff on a previously completed comp and then ill get started on this one, 4 months wow sorta overkill, id better have somethin good with that sorta time frame.

Submitted by _CAD_ on Wed, 05/11/08 - 10:44 AM Permalink

Update 10

Well the texturing is getting there i havnt updated in a while and am yet to rig and do the spec map ,spec colour and some general texture tweaks and seam cleanup but im happy with the progress im making and will be done soon. ive got to work a bit more on my demo reel and portfolio so work on this wil slow a little bit.

as usual C&C is always welcome and much appreciated

Link to hi res: http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp26/__CAD__/Update10.jpg

Submitted by _CAD_ on Tue, 11/11/08 - 5:03 PM Permalink

ok fresh from my weekend playing gears of war 2 (a little to much), ive managed to do a bit more, in my next update i will have a completed spec colour and spec level map and have cleaned up a few seams in bodypaint (awesome program and everyone needs to use it :):). still doing general texture edits which will keep happening right up until i finish but i digress...

what i actually wanted to ask was if anyone knows how to get decent specular bloom effects in max? cause i spent half of today tryin to get something but got no where fast so yea any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

OK off to work :(

Submitted by _CAD_ on Sat, 15/11/08 - 1:34 AM Permalink

Well i figured the bloom out and then managed to corrupt my half finished rig save files and had to start again :(, though on the positive side i have finished my spec maps and am about 80% done with the new rig(will be finished by tomoro i swear.......if gears doesnt distract me :P)

okay well im off to play gea......i mean get back to work :D

Submitted by Kookiemunster on Wed, 03/12/08 - 1:57 AM Permalink

So are you done now. Post up your maps.... Or are you going to do that the day b4 it ends. looking sweet man. I was expecting more of an action pose though but still you have time. to tweek if you want. but this looks real nice..... Where is the calling card? I would put that in so you don't get disqualified. Has to be in the money shot. It would really suck if that happened just because there was no calling card in shot. Anyway I ramble on ALOT so yeah. Love the piece.

Submitted by _CAD_ on Wed, 03/12/08 - 2:14 PM Permalink

Thanks Kookie 'preciate it,

im not done jusssst yet :D still got some stuff to tweak, poses included(im still not dead set on this one), im working on the calling card at the moment and writing his backstory so i dont get disqualified :). got at least a week left so ive got some time.

Submitted by sebp on Fri, 05/12/08 - 10:33 AM Permalink

Well done CAD this is a real show stopper. The over coat worked out really well, as has the rest of the characters out fit.

and the winner is.....

Submitted by _CAD_ on Tue, 09/12/08 - 3:25 PM Permalink

So we're nearly at the end of a loooong comp and i thought that i was nearing completion, ive completed numbers 2,3,4,5,6 of the submissions and i thought i had the money shot down but after seeing some of the new stuff going up which is absolutely kick ass i realized ive got a lot of work to go so im going to spend the rest of the time fixing up my money shot and getting it as cool as i possibly can.

congrats on the excellent work everyone is doing and ill hopefully see you all at the finish line :D

Submitted by Dwhittaker on Mon, 15/12/08 - 4:05 PM Permalink

everything is very impressive about this, and is probably one of the best entries ive seen so far, it is stylized and original, only thing that doesn't sit well with me however is the pose, as a villain of this size he looks like the type to be standing out in the open with reckless abandon not propped up behind a pillar.

good luck