Skip to main content

Tantalus Announces 3 Hit Holiday Titles

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on

Tantalus Interactive today confirmed the release of three new titles, rounding out a stellar year for the company. Tantalus CEO Tom Crago chose the opening day of the annual Australian Game Developer?s Conference (AGDC) in Melbourne to make the announcement.

?Gamers will be well aware of all of these titles, but with the occasion of the AGDC it?s fitting to set these releases within the context of the Australian game development community,? Crago said. ?As an industry here we?ve gathered a lot of momentum in recent years, and at Tantalus we?re very proud of the contribution we?ve been able to make.?

The three Tantalus titles to hit the shelves this holidays are Unreal 2 on X-Box, Top Gear Rally on Game Boy Advance, and Monster Truck Madness, also on Game Boy Advance. Unreal 2, set for release late in 2003, will become the first ever online console game to be released by an Australian developer.

The game is based upon Legend Entertainment?s highly lauded PC title, and has been developed by Tantalus in collaboration with Legend, Epic Games, and publisher Atari. The game is one of the most highly anticipated console shooters of the year, and comes loaded with an all new teamoriented multiplayer mode, supported through X-Box Live.

Monster Truck Madness on Game Boy Advance enjoyed a recent high profile release courtesy of publisher THQ. Described by Game Spot as ?an arcade racing fan?s dream,? the game set a new graphical benchmark on the GBA.

That mark was promptly blown away by the release of the latest Tantalus GBA title, Top Gear Rally. In a first for an Australian developer, Top Gear Rally has been published worldwide by Nintendo. The game has been praised as the greatest ever handheld racer. GamePro called it ?the perfect racing game for the GBA.?

The release of these three titles sees Tantalus firmly ensconced at the forefront of game development in Australia, and as possibly the world?s leading developer for Nintendo?s Game Boy Advance. The recent announcement of a new multi-title development deal with THQ sees the company well placed to deliver more hit titles in 2004.

For information, screen shots, movies and more from all three titles, visit www.tantalus.com

* Note: ?Top Gear Rally? is known as ?TG Rally? in Australia and Europe.

Posted by souri on

Tantalus Interactive today confirmed the release of three new titles, rounding out a stellar year for the company. Tantalus CEO Tom Crago chose the opening day of the annual Australian Game Developer?s Conference (AGDC) in Melbourne to make the announcement.

?Gamers will be well aware of all of these titles, but with the occasion of the AGDC it?s fitting to set these releases within the context of the Australian game development community,? Crago said. ?As an industry here we?ve gathered a lot of momentum in recent years, and at Tantalus we?re very proud of the contribution we?ve been able to make.?

The three Tantalus titles to hit the shelves this holidays are Unreal 2 on X-Box, Top Gear Rally on Game Boy Advance, and Monster Truck Madness, also on Game Boy Advance. Unreal 2, set for release late in 2003, will become the first ever online console game to be released by an Australian developer.

The game is based upon Legend Entertainment?s highly lauded PC title, and has been developed by Tantalus in collaboration with Legend, Epic Games, and publisher Atari. The game is one of the most highly anticipated console shooters of the year, and comes loaded with an all new teamoriented multiplayer mode, supported through X-Box Live.

Monster Truck Madness on Game Boy Advance enjoyed a recent high profile release courtesy of publisher THQ. Described by Game Spot as ?an arcade racing fan?s dream,? the game set a new graphical benchmark on the GBA.

That mark was promptly blown away by the release of the latest Tantalus GBA title, Top Gear Rally. In a first for an Australian developer, Top Gear Rally has been published worldwide by Nintendo. The game has been praised as the greatest ever handheld racer. GamePro called it ?the perfect racing game for the GBA.?

The release of these three titles sees Tantalus firmly ensconced at the forefront of game development in Australia, and as possibly the world?s leading developer for Nintendo?s Game Boy Advance. The recent announcement of a new multi-title development deal with THQ sees the company well placed to deliver more hit titles in 2004.

For information, screen shots, movies and more from all three titles, visit www.tantalus.com

* Note: ?Top Gear Rally? is known as ?TG Rally? in Australia and Europe.