Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #6 -3D- Sinister

Submitted by Sinister on

Hmmm... thought I'd reserve my plot too.

The basic idea I had came from all those movies out there that have spooky little girls to envoke that awkward feeling in ya gut. There's something devilishly delightful about other-worldly beings that could take anyones body but choose the most fragile and inicent of beings.

A quick brief (will write more later):- A "work" obsessed father/ mad scientist begins experimenting on his daughter after his funds are cut because he was "pushing boundaries".

Will post bigger brief and concept pic soon.

Submitted by Sinister on Sat, 24/07/04 - 8:39 AM Permalink

The idea behind my concept is that a genius (borderline maniacal) scientist, funded by the government to research cancer, stumbles across a technique to bring dead cells back to life. Consumed by thoughts of the possibilities this new technique could bring, he starts experimenting on anything recently dead that he can get his hands on.

After his peers uncover his experiments, his funds are cut and his research destroyed.

Driven insane by intense rage, he continues his experimenting in a homemade lab. He has success, to a degree, in bringing animal carcasses back from the dead. The trouble is that they are devoid of any emotion, have an insatiable urge to attack and kill when they are in contact with the same species and have a short ?afterlife? span. He continues to try to perfect this method of resurrection, sometimes even fusing new tech contraptions to their bodies in attempt to try to extend their afterlife and study them further.

Then things go terribly wrong?

The scientists? daughter falls victim to a horrible virus almost overnight and is tittering on the brink of death. Acting fast, her father modifies his technique and attempts to save her from dying. His quick wit saves her body but his research starts to take a hold of her soul. In the coming months, the father desperately tries to keep his little girl alive and sane. Experiment after experiment takes its toll on what little sanity she has left, and one day when she is faced with another operation she takes her life with a scalpel across her wrists.

The father is mortified and decides to ?save? her once again. He restarts her body and fuses two large vials to her back, one, a blood vial, the other, a vial full of a mysterious green ooze that poured from the re-dead animals. The vials were to preserve her body but there was nothing he could do for her soul.

Nothing has been heard from the father for the past two months but passers by have reported strange lights and noises at night?

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Sinister/200472383727_horrorconc…"]horrorconcept.jpg[/url]
49.05?KB

The first pic I drew, I hadn?t come up with the vials yet + she?s wearing a nightie or something. In the second pic, the vials have been added and she?s wearing a surgical coat. The concept is still open to development as I go but that?s the general gist of it.
I?m trying to think of more stuff to add to it and put it in later during the modelling process.

Let me know your crits =)

Insert Image: [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Sinister/200472383727_horrorconc…]

Submitted by conundrum on Sat, 24/07/04 - 10:11 AM Permalink

looks great so far and its a very nice story. i like the front view, its got that feel you were looking for in the creepy young girl, especially the face. the only crit ive got right now is the vials, perhaps you could make them slightly smaller or change their orientation, as they currently look quiet odd. looking forward to modelling

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 10:16 AM Permalink

Love the concept [:D] Have to agree with Conundrum re the vials on her back - they look a tad heavy and large for a little girl to be walking in such an upright position.

The front view gets my vote 100% [:)]

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 24/07/04 - 6:43 PM Permalink

Cool idea. Very bright :p

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 24/07/04 - 8:24 PM Permalink

Hehe ? good call on the Gollum thing! Actually, that made me imagine her walking on all fours ? like Gollum does, and then I realised that with those massive vials in her back, she probably would walk like that, or at least bent over a lot. Just an idea, but it could look cool?

Good concept, very original. And I liked your background story. [:)]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 25/07/04 - 5:59 AM Permalink

lol, the moment the page loaded and i saw the pic a zombies at my neighbors (old snes horro game) came on winamp! classic :)

Submitted by MarkMash on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:10 AM Permalink

Hey cool!!!

Bah you have a drip though, thats what I was going to have, but it's all good, i'm doing mine alot differently to this concept.

How will she attack, by being smacked with the teddy? lol, a bite maybe? I'd like to see her use that drip as a huge baseball batt :). Though thats what mine kinda does except with a blade on it. or something like that. I spose it doesn't need to attack, do these characters need to be able to attack?

Submitted by Sinister on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:47 AM Permalink

Yeah, after I drew the vials I had the thought that she would have to hunch over as she moved about.

...about her attack, I was thinking maybe a bite, scratch, a spirit attack, or perhaps the scaple she slit her wrist with.[?]

Submitted by xyz on Sun, 25/07/04 - 6:25 PM Permalink

Very, Exorsist. She could spew a selection of vomit ie from the color liquid in the drip. I don't like the things in her back at all, it is a little too sci fi I think.

Submitted by Thardswrothe on Tue, 27/07/04 - 7:00 AM Permalink

Cool dude, nice concept... Keep the good work up buddeh.

Submitted by Sinister on Fri, 27/08/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

Here's what I've done so far. I haven't had too much time to work on it unfortunately. I'm actually considering pulling out of the comp cos of an off chance that I could land a job with a friend if I work hard at some 2D Flash stuff.

Crits are more than welcome. [B)]

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/sinister/20048262239_wire1.jpg"]wire1.jpg[/url]
77.86 KB

Insert Image: [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/sinister/20048262239_wire1.jpg[/…]

Submitted by rannyroy on Sat, 28/08/04 - 11:29 PM Permalink

Hey sin, youve definatly got the horror evil thing goin on.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 29/08/04 - 6:17 AM Permalink

good work, though with this poly count you can add so much mroe detail.

Posted by Sinister on

Hmmm... thought I'd reserve my plot too.

The basic idea I had came from all those movies out there that have spooky little girls to envoke that awkward feeling in ya gut. There's something devilishly delightful about other-worldly beings that could take anyones body but choose the most fragile and inicent of beings.

A quick brief (will write more later):- A "work" obsessed father/ mad scientist begins experimenting on his daughter after his funds are cut because he was "pushing boundaries".

Will post bigger brief and concept pic soon.

Submitted by Sinister on Sat, 24/07/04 - 8:39 AM Permalink

The idea behind my concept is that a genius (borderline maniacal) scientist, funded by the government to research cancer, stumbles across a technique to bring dead cells back to life. Consumed by thoughts of the possibilities this new technique could bring, he starts experimenting on anything recently dead that he can get his hands on.

After his peers uncover his experiments, his funds are cut and his research destroyed.

Driven insane by intense rage, he continues his experimenting in a homemade lab. He has success, to a degree, in bringing animal carcasses back from the dead. The trouble is that they are devoid of any emotion, have an insatiable urge to attack and kill when they are in contact with the same species and have a short ?afterlife? span. He continues to try to perfect this method of resurrection, sometimes even fusing new tech contraptions to their bodies in attempt to try to extend their afterlife and study them further.

Then things go terribly wrong?

The scientists? daughter falls victim to a horrible virus almost overnight and is tittering on the brink of death. Acting fast, her father modifies his technique and attempts to save her from dying. His quick wit saves her body but his research starts to take a hold of her soul. In the coming months, the father desperately tries to keep his little girl alive and sane. Experiment after experiment takes its toll on what little sanity she has left, and one day when she is faced with another operation she takes her life with a scalpel across her wrists.

The father is mortified and decides to ?save? her once again. He restarts her body and fuses two large vials to her back, one, a blood vial, the other, a vial full of a mysterious green ooze that poured from the re-dead animals. The vials were to preserve her body but there was nothing he could do for her soul.

Nothing has been heard from the father for the past two months but passers by have reported strange lights and noises at night?

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Sinister/200472383727_horrorconc…"]horrorconcept.jpg[/url]
49.05?KB

The first pic I drew, I hadn?t come up with the vials yet + she?s wearing a nightie or something. In the second pic, the vials have been added and she?s wearing a surgical coat. The concept is still open to development as I go but that?s the general gist of it.
I?m trying to think of more stuff to add to it and put it in later during the modelling process.

Let me know your crits =)

Insert Image: [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Sinister/200472383727_horrorconc…]

Submitted by conundrum on Sat, 24/07/04 - 10:11 AM Permalink

looks great so far and its a very nice story. i like the front view, its got that feel you were looking for in the creepy young girl, especially the face. the only crit ive got right now is the vials, perhaps you could make them slightly smaller or change their orientation, as they currently look quiet odd. looking forward to modelling

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 10:16 AM Permalink

Love the concept [:D] Have to agree with Conundrum re the vials on her back - they look a tad heavy and large for a little girl to be walking in such an upright position.

The front view gets my vote 100% [:)]

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 24/07/04 - 6:43 PM Permalink

Cool idea. Very bright :p

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 24/07/04 - 8:24 PM Permalink

Hehe ? good call on the Gollum thing! Actually, that made me imagine her walking on all fours ? like Gollum does, and then I realised that with those massive vials in her back, she probably would walk like that, or at least bent over a lot. Just an idea, but it could look cool?

Good concept, very original. And I liked your background story. [:)]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 25/07/04 - 5:59 AM Permalink

lol, the moment the page loaded and i saw the pic a zombies at my neighbors (old snes horro game) came on winamp! classic :)

Submitted by MarkMash on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:10 AM Permalink

Hey cool!!!

Bah you have a drip though, thats what I was going to have, but it's all good, i'm doing mine alot differently to this concept.

How will she attack, by being smacked with the teddy? lol, a bite maybe? I'd like to see her use that drip as a huge baseball batt :). Though thats what mine kinda does except with a blade on it. or something like that. I spose it doesn't need to attack, do these characters need to be able to attack?

Submitted by Sinister on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:47 AM Permalink

Yeah, after I drew the vials I had the thought that she would have to hunch over as she moved about.

...about her attack, I was thinking maybe a bite, scratch, a spirit attack, or perhaps the scaple she slit her wrist with.[?]

Submitted by xyz on Sun, 25/07/04 - 6:25 PM Permalink

Very, Exorsist. She could spew a selection of vomit ie from the color liquid in the drip. I don't like the things in her back at all, it is a little too sci fi I think.

Submitted by Thardswrothe on Tue, 27/07/04 - 7:00 AM Permalink

Cool dude, nice concept... Keep the good work up buddeh.

Submitted by Sinister on Fri, 27/08/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

Here's what I've done so far. I haven't had too much time to work on it unfortunately. I'm actually considering pulling out of the comp cos of an off chance that I could land a job with a friend if I work hard at some 2D Flash stuff.

Crits are more than welcome. [B)]

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/sinister/20048262239_wire1.jpg"]wire1.jpg[/url]
77.86 KB

Insert Image: [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/sinister/20048262239_wire1.jpg[/…]

Submitted by rannyroy on Sat, 28/08/04 - 11:29 PM Permalink

Hey sin, youve definatly got the horror evil thing goin on.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 29/08/04 - 6:17 AM Permalink

good work, though with this poly count you can add so much mroe detail.