Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #6 -3D- HazarD

• Hey guys, Next character off the ranks for me, Emma Frost the White Queen, this was my entry for the 2009 Comicon Challenge over at GameArtisans.org. THe budget was 10000 triangles and 1 x 2048 textures. She is 9700 Triangles and 1 x 2048x2048…

• WANTED: Amaya Borghild ( A-my-a Bor-jill-da )

Agent in the order of the dusk rain, a guild of elite 'honorable' assassins. Amaya is 28 years old, 5'10 and 122lb and although only a lowly koyakunin rank within the guild, she is more than a…

• Hey everyone,

Long time I havent been around here! I just thought i would show something that ive been working on for the past few weeks in my spare time.

Hope you enjoy!

Shes not a game model, no polycount limits and no…

Submitted by HazarD on

Heres a quick brief on the concept.

Basically a worm-esque creature, that uses human beings as hosts, in which it grows to a python sized worm.

Its orgins are unknown but sceptics believe they are every day garden worms that have come in contact with carcasses used for testing at a research and development bio-tech plant based in the Nevada desert, and have since spread under ground latching themselves to small rodents and burrowers.

Slowly but surely the worms dominated all forms of underworld life, and took to feasting upon each other, which only increased the potency of what deformed them to begin with.

Eventually they come in contact with humans, while they sleep.
They enter through any oriface, nose, ears, mouth. Inside they feed, and grow, slowly killing the host and infecting it with the same horrible disfiguring disease.

Eventually, the worm grows and becomes one with the human body, using the humans skeleton like a suit of armour, to protect its own soft fleshy body.

The main body of the worm stays in the stomach of the host and sprouts tentacles that
wrap around the bones in the arms and legs, controlling it, forcing it to move and travel on all fours, rather than the normal upright walking position.

The worm can retract itself into the stomach of the host, protected within the ribcage, leaving another disjointed horrible, lifeless corpse, but can spring forth ( usually from the mouth of the host ) using its length to strike out in hope of finding new flesh, and a new host. They can control the host with suprising speed when necessary.

So for the concept I will be doing, a female that has been overcome by a worm. They would fall into the cannon fodder category, being simply to kill once identified, but use surprise to their advantage, as any old corpse laying about could contain one.

A quick Sketch so far.
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/20047214139_Concept1.jpg[…]

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 22/07/04 - 4:48 AM Permalink

really cool idea dude! >> adds to the just hang around in the body till i'm born idea....
i like it..... i dont know if my girlfriend would though........... ;)( They enter through any oriface, nose, ears, mouth) ........ she has aproblem with worms

cant wait to see it in the next stages .... :)

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 22/07/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

Eeeewww, that looks, bizarrely sexual. In a very twisted way. Maybe it's just me...

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 22/07/04 - 6:19 AM Permalink

it's just you, cos that is seriously freaky and discusting. a really good one too i think! i could totaly see that in a s/h game, walking by a bunch of corpese and all of a sudden a buch of huge worms launch out of them! argh!

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:32 AM Permalink

Yay. You finally posted. Been waiting to see what you would do. Cool idea. The thing coming from it's mouth looks like a tampon cable... :p

Submitted by palantir on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:47 AM Permalink

Oh, I love it! Awesome concept! [:D]

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:54 AM Permalink

Yeah, there are actually quite a few sexual metaphors going on in that image. lol

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:03 PM Permalink

lmao. Sweet man. Ver' cool :D

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:18 PM Permalink

Damn thats nasty, good idea man.

Submitted by denz on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:21 PM Permalink

haha oh god. thats an awsome concept. I don't wanna know where that tail is coming from. Can't wait for the model.

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:29 PM Permalink

denz, i was just thinking the same thing... urgh...

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 22/07/04 - 9:17 PM Permalink

extremely nasty man, good work :D

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 22/07/04 - 10:29 PM Permalink

man, that freaks me out... [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 23/07/04 - 4:42 AM Permalink

damn, well we know your going to do ok with texturing the blood :P

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 23/07/04 - 4:53 AM Permalink

Heh! thats not going ot be the final colour, there will be a bit less claret, and a few smatterings of colour in the clothes and more rigor mortis skin colours. Mmmm im hungry. [:D]

Submitted by goodgod on Fri, 23/07/04 - 9:39 PM Permalink

You have gone too far, way too far. You are being judged on how scary it is. Your picture does not scare me. You scare me.

Submitted by Triton on Fri, 23/07/04 - 11:32 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by goodgod

You have gone too far, way too far. You are being judge on how scary it is. Your picture does not scare me you scare me.

I disagree, how has it gone too far? Is it because it is using a 'host'? Explain.

Well done Hazard, this is one of my favorite concepts.

Submitted by goodgod on Sat, 24/07/04 - 1:00 AM Permalink

Do I even have to explain what I mean? Why does that evil thing have to do that to that poor girl? It?s not scary. It?s more disturbing and depressing. And it is way to sexually suggestive on both ends. It is sickening.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 1:09 AM Permalink

GoodGod: I think you might be looking too far into things [:P], this is a modelling competition based on the survival horror genre, my aim is purely to create an entity that scares, and repulses ala Silent Hill / Parasite Eve.

Im glad I've managed to stir this kind of emotion [:D]

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 24/07/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

Goodgod: I'd have to agree with Hazard, I don't think he has gone too far.

Yes its not a subtle image and its quite grotesque, but the act itself isn't in plain view, he isn't actually showing anything sexually explicit, its implied, as far as we know it enters through her lower back?!

Also I have to say your going to find things that horrify you on this challenge when its theme is Horror, its sort of the point.

I suggest you use your discrestion and don't open any other posts if your offended by this one.

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 24/07/04 - 1:46 AM Permalink

I say it doesn't go far enough :p A few more sexual innuendos can be placed in it. I'm just so disappointed in you HazarD :D

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 3:34 AM Permalink

Aven : [:0] .... [;)]

GoodGod : I'd also like to add, the hosts sex doesnt affect the worms behaviour, it will enter and exit via any oriface, and should it feel the need to create a new one, it will.

I've decided to give the female a skirt rather than pants, to leave the audience to make of it what they will, and draw their own conclusions.

Submitted by tojo on Sat, 24/07/04 - 4:57 AM Permalink

nice work dude ............ realy dig the jaws.... they will model well i think :)

evil evil....

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 24/07/04 - 8:24 AM Permalink

God Hazard, your such a sick bastard?

?you have know idea how much I respect you for that! [:D]

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 10:40 AM Permalink

Thanks Palantir! [:D]

I promise to produce something to fit the silent hill horror-verse, and maybe step it up a notch or too in the gross factor while im at it. [:O]

Posted by HazarD on

Heres a quick brief on the concept.

Basically a worm-esque creature, that uses human beings as hosts, in which it grows to a python sized worm.

Its orgins are unknown but sceptics believe they are every day garden worms that have come in contact with carcasses used for testing at a research and development bio-tech plant based in the Nevada desert, and have since spread under ground latching themselves to small rodents and burrowers.

Slowly but surely the worms dominated all forms of underworld life, and took to feasting upon each other, which only increased the potency of what deformed them to begin with.

Eventually they come in contact with humans, while they sleep.
They enter through any oriface, nose, ears, mouth. Inside they feed, and grow, slowly killing the host and infecting it with the same horrible disfiguring disease.

Eventually, the worm grows and becomes one with the human body, using the humans skeleton like a suit of armour, to protect its own soft fleshy body.

The main body of the worm stays in the stomach of the host and sprouts tentacles that
wrap around the bones in the arms and legs, controlling it, forcing it to move and travel on all fours, rather than the normal upright walking position.

The worm can retract itself into the stomach of the host, protected within the ribcage, leaving another disjointed horrible, lifeless corpse, but can spring forth ( usually from the mouth of the host ) using its length to strike out in hope of finding new flesh, and a new host. They can control the host with suprising speed when necessary.

So for the concept I will be doing, a female that has been overcome by a worm. They would fall into the cannon fodder category, being simply to kill once identified, but use surprise to their advantage, as any old corpse laying about could contain one.

A quick Sketch so far.
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/20047214139_Concept1.jpg[…]

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 22/07/04 - 4:48 AM Permalink

really cool idea dude! >> adds to the just hang around in the body till i'm born idea....
i like it..... i dont know if my girlfriend would though........... ;)( They enter through any oriface, nose, ears, mouth) ........ she has aproblem with worms

cant wait to see it in the next stages .... :)

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 22/07/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

Eeeewww, that looks, bizarrely sexual. In a very twisted way. Maybe it's just me...

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 22/07/04 - 6:19 AM Permalink

it's just you, cos that is seriously freaky and discusting. a really good one too i think! i could totaly see that in a s/h game, walking by a bunch of corpese and all of a sudden a buch of huge worms launch out of them! argh!

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:32 AM Permalink

Yay. You finally posted. Been waiting to see what you would do. Cool idea. The thing coming from it's mouth looks like a tampon cable... :p

Submitted by palantir on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:47 AM Permalink

Oh, I love it! Awesome concept! [:D]

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:54 AM Permalink

Yeah, there are actually quite a few sexual metaphors going on in that image. lol

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:03 PM Permalink

lmao. Sweet man. Ver' cool :D

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:18 PM Permalink

Damn thats nasty, good idea man.

Submitted by denz on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:21 PM Permalink

haha oh god. thats an awsome concept. I don't wanna know where that tail is coming from. Can't wait for the model.

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:29 PM Permalink

denz, i was just thinking the same thing... urgh...

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 22/07/04 - 9:17 PM Permalink

extremely nasty man, good work :D

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 22/07/04 - 10:29 PM Permalink

man, that freaks me out... [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 23/07/04 - 4:42 AM Permalink

damn, well we know your going to do ok with texturing the blood :P

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 23/07/04 - 4:53 AM Permalink

Heh! thats not going ot be the final colour, there will be a bit less claret, and a few smatterings of colour in the clothes and more rigor mortis skin colours. Mmmm im hungry. [:D]

Submitted by goodgod on Fri, 23/07/04 - 9:39 PM Permalink

You have gone too far, way too far. You are being judged on how scary it is. Your picture does not scare me. You scare me.

Submitted by Triton on Fri, 23/07/04 - 11:32 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by goodgod

You have gone too far, way too far. You are being judge on how scary it is. Your picture does not scare me you scare me.

I disagree, how has it gone too far? Is it because it is using a 'host'? Explain.

Well done Hazard, this is one of my favorite concepts.

Submitted by goodgod on Sat, 24/07/04 - 1:00 AM Permalink

Do I even have to explain what I mean? Why does that evil thing have to do that to that poor girl? It?s not scary. It?s more disturbing and depressing. And it is way to sexually suggestive on both ends. It is sickening.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 1:09 AM Permalink

GoodGod: I think you might be looking too far into things [:P], this is a modelling competition based on the survival horror genre, my aim is purely to create an entity that scares, and repulses ala Silent Hill / Parasite Eve.

Im glad I've managed to stir this kind of emotion [:D]

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 24/07/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

Goodgod: I'd have to agree with Hazard, I don't think he has gone too far.

Yes its not a subtle image and its quite grotesque, but the act itself isn't in plain view, he isn't actually showing anything sexually explicit, its implied, as far as we know it enters through her lower back?!

Also I have to say your going to find things that horrify you on this challenge when its theme is Horror, its sort of the point.

I suggest you use your discrestion and don't open any other posts if your offended by this one.

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 24/07/04 - 1:46 AM Permalink

I say it doesn't go far enough :p A few more sexual innuendos can be placed in it. I'm just so disappointed in you HazarD :D

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 3:34 AM Permalink

Aven : [:0] .... [;)]

GoodGod : I'd also like to add, the hosts sex doesnt affect the worms behaviour, it will enter and exit via any oriface, and should it feel the need to create a new one, it will.

I've decided to give the female a skirt rather than pants, to leave the audience to make of it what they will, and draw their own conclusions.

Submitted by tojo on Sat, 24/07/04 - 4:57 AM Permalink

nice work dude ............ realy dig the jaws.... they will model well i think :)

evil evil....

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 24/07/04 - 8:24 AM Permalink

God Hazard, your such a sick bastard?

?you have know idea how much I respect you for that! [:D]

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 10:40 AM Permalink

Thanks Palantir! [:D]

I promise to produce something to fit the silent hill horror-verse, and maybe step it up a notch or too in the gross factor while im at it. [:O]