Skip to main content

Audio Designer / Blue Tongue Entertainment

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Blue Tongue Entertainment

? Be part of a global team, accessing a wealth of experience and knowledge within the THQ group

? Development on current and next-generation consoles

Blue Tongue Entertainment, a video game developer based in Melbourne, Australia. Blue Tongue currently has 75 employees and is part of THQ Inc- a leading worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. The company has developed for all popular video game systems, and has experience in many genres

Blue Tongue Entertainment was founded in October 1995. Titles produced include AFL Finals Fever (PC), Starship Troopers (PC), Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (PS2/Xbox/PC) and more recently Barnyard (PS2/GameCube/PC/Wii) and Nicktoons Battle for Volcano Island (PS2/GameCube). The studio is currently working on two new titles, an action-adventure game for Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 2, and Nintendo Wii, and a new IP exclusive to the Nintendo Wii. With continued growth and a line-up of exciting next-gen projects in development, the future for Blue Tongue is a bright one.

Audio Designer

The Audio Designer is responsible for planning and creating all activities related to sound. This position will report directly to the Senior Audio Designer.

Job Description:

? record and create original sound effects

? record and process dialogue

? implement all audio assets using custom built in-house tools

? produce and mix linear audio for Full Motion Video sequences

? ensure effective communication with development team(s)

? manage assigned tasks and scheduling

Requirements:

? 0-2 years experience of game audio industry experience

? Proven experience in audio production and sound design (see Application section below)

? A good knowledge of Digital Audio Workstation production techniques

? A good comprehension of recording techniques, (including Foley) and an understanding of various microphone types

? Enthusiasm and knowledge of video games in general

? Excellent communication and interpersonal skills

? An understanding of music composition and production is an advantage but not required

? Experience of mixing audio in 5.1 surround is an advantage but not required

Training:

This job requires the use of cutting edge tools unique to audio production within game development. Training will be given but the applicant must also be pro-active and able to work on their own initiative.

Application:

Along with their CV, all applicants must provide examples of their work on a demo reel. The preferred method of receiving work is on a standard Data CD. The demo must contain material that is relevant to audio production in the games industry. Such a demo reel might contain some or all of the following:

? Original sound effects (raw wavs preferred)

? Sound design to picture (this could be a previous film or animation or existing game video which has had the sound re-dubbed)

? Multi-track or layered sound design

Contact:-If you would like to know more please contact Andrew Kirkby at:

Email:     akirkby@thq.com

Phone:     +61 3 99149944

Please submit all applications via jobs@bluetongue.comSouri2007-07-24 23:43:10

Posted by souri on
Forum

Blue Tongue Entertainment

? Be part of a global team, accessing a wealth of experience and knowledge within the THQ group

? Development on current and next-generation consoles

Blue Tongue Entertainment, a video game developer based in Melbourne, Australia. Blue Tongue currently has 75 employees and is part of THQ Inc- a leading worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. The company has developed for all popular video game systems, and has experience in many genres

Blue Tongue Entertainment was founded in October 1995. Titles produced include AFL Finals Fever (PC), Starship Troopers (PC), Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (PS2/Xbox/PC) and more recently Barnyard (PS2/GameCube/PC/Wii) and Nicktoons Battle for Volcano Island (PS2/GameCube). The studio is currently working on two new titles, an action-adventure game for Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 2, and Nintendo Wii, and a new IP exclusive to the Nintendo Wii. With continued growth and a line-up of exciting next-gen projects in development, the future for Blue Tongue is a bright one.

Audio Designer

The Audio Designer is responsible for planning and creating all activities related to sound. This position will report directly to the Senior Audio Designer.

Job Description:

? record and create original sound effects

? record and process dialogue

? implement all audio assets using custom built in-house tools

? produce and mix linear audio for Full Motion Video sequences

? ensure effective communication with development team(s)

? manage assigned tasks and scheduling

Requirements:

? 0-2 years experience of game audio industry experience

? Proven experience in audio production and sound design (see Application section below)

? A good knowledge of Digital Audio Workstation production techniques

? A good comprehension of recording techniques, (including Foley) and an understanding of various microphone types

? Enthusiasm and knowledge of video games in general

? Excellent communication and interpersonal skills

? An understanding of music composition and production is an advantage but not required

? Experience of mixing audio in 5.1 surround is an advantage but not required

Training:

This job requires the use of cutting edge tools unique to audio production within game development. Training will be given but the applicant must also be pro-active and able to work on their own initiative.

Application:

Along with their CV, all applicants must provide examples of their work on a demo reel. The preferred method of receiving work is on a standard Data CD. The demo must contain material that is relevant to audio production in the games industry. Such a demo reel might contain some or all of the following:

? Original sound effects (raw wavs preferred)

? Sound design to picture (this could be a previous film or animation or existing game video which has had the sound re-dubbed)

? Multi-track or layered sound design

Contact:-If you would like to know more please contact Andrew Kirkby at:

Email:     akirkby@thq.com

Phone:     +61 3 99149944

Please submit all applications via jobs@bluetongue.comSouri2007-07-24 23:43:10