Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #8 - BlackMajik

Submitted by BlackMajik on

Hey all!

Thought i might take a stab at this. Not sure if i will complete it in time (and yes i know the comp goes for a couple of months) :P but we'll see... Concept art isnt exactly my strongest points, so i threw this together. Ive posted a male and female character, but kinda leaning towards the female character. The cowboy concept is a quite rough as its just an attempt at possibly doing a male character.

:)
Cheers

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/BlackMajik/200661921335_sumea1.j…"]sumea1.jpg[/url]
128.13 KB

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/BlackMajik/2006619213512_sumea2…"]sumea2.jpg[/url]
133.8 KB

Submitted by caseyjones on Fri, 23/06/06 - 2:40 AM Permalink

I feel the male cowboy concept has more character to it and is a stronger concept than the female one. Other than the mask and the boots, she really hasn't got much going for her.
But with the cowboy, he has the hat and boots/spurs. The wraps on his arms are a good touch to show that he's a fighter. But I think both concepts could be pushed a little further to make them into really great characters.

-caseyjones

Submitted by BlackMajik on Sat, 24/06/06 - 12:20 AM Permalink

Thanks for the feedback CJ - got a little worried when there were over 100 views and no comments :- lol

i'll keep working on the concepts whenever i get a chance and see if i can add any other interesting stuff :)

Blacky

Submitted by caseyjones on Sat, 24/06/06 - 3:07 AM Permalink

Don't stress dude, most CG forums have this whole brown nosing thing going on. People tend not to reply to threads if the poster has like under 10 posts or something or if they have never seen them in the forum before.
Don't let it discourage you. Just focus on getting some good shit out there then your thread will be spammed with comments. :)
Just keep up the good work dude, looking forward to see what you come up with next.

-caseyjones

Submitted by Johnn on Sun, 25/06/06 - 4:49 AM Permalink

yeah, Caseyjones is right, and don't let lack of replies bother you. You should be proud that you have contributed to the forum, a steady supply of new material/posts are what makes a forum good and you ahve contributed to that :)

It's is pretty early days with your concepts, I think you should refine them both more and post the progress up before choosing one of them - the Cowboy is more coherent in concept at the moment though...

Submitted by BlackMajik on Mon, 26/06/06 - 7:51 PM Permalink

oh im feeling the love !!! lol

sorry a little delirious after 4 hours of sleep :P

Hey all!

Thought i might take a stab at this. Not sure if i will complete it in time (and yes i know the comp goes for a couple of months) :P but we'll see... Concept art isnt exactly my strongest points, so i threw this together. Ive posted a male and female character, but kinda leaning towards the female character. The cowboy concept is a quite rough as its just an attempt at possibly doing a male character.

:)
Cheers

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/BlackMajik/200661921335_sumea1.j…"]sumea1.jpg[/url]
128.13 KB

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/BlackMajik/2006619213512_sumea2…"]sumea2.jpg[/url]
133.8 KB

Submitted by caseyjones on Fri, 23/06/06 - 2:40 AM Permalink

I feel the male cowboy concept has more character to it and is a stronger concept than the female one. Other than the mask and the boots, she really hasn't got much going for her.
But with the cowboy, he has the hat and boots/spurs. The wraps on his arms are a good touch to show that he's a fighter. But I think both concepts could be pushed a little further to make them into really great characters.

-caseyjones

Submitted by BlackMajik on Sat, 24/06/06 - 12:20 AM Permalink

Thanks for the feedback CJ - got a little worried when there were over 100 views and no comments :- lol

i'll keep working on the concepts whenever i get a chance and see if i can add any other interesting stuff :)

Blacky

Submitted by caseyjones on Sat, 24/06/06 - 3:07 AM Permalink

Don't stress dude, most CG forums have this whole brown nosing thing going on. People tend not to reply to threads if the poster has like under 10 posts or something or if they have never seen them in the forum before.
Don't let it discourage you. Just focus on getting some good shit out there then your thread will be spammed with comments. :)
Just keep up the good work dude, looking forward to see what you come up with next.

-caseyjones

Submitted by Johnn on Sun, 25/06/06 - 4:49 AM Permalink

yeah, Caseyjones is right, and don't let lack of replies bother you. You should be proud that you have contributed to the forum, a steady supply of new material/posts are what makes a forum good and you ahve contributed to that :)

It's is pretty early days with your concepts, I think you should refine them both more and post the progress up before choosing one of them - the Cowboy is more coherent in concept at the moment though...

Submitted by BlackMajik on Mon, 26/06/06 - 7:51 PM Permalink

oh im feeling the love !!! lol

sorry a little delirious after 4 hours of sleep :P