Skip to main content

IR Gurus Hiring for Next Gen

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Experienced Game Developers

Following the success of Heroes of the Pacific (AGDC Game of the Year), IR Gurus is expanding.

- Work on high-profile franchises
- Rapidly expanding studio
- We own the IP, so we have greater creative control
- Work with the latest technology, including PS3 and Xbox 360
- Our publishers include: Sony, Codemasters, Ubisoft, and Red Mile.

We are currently seeking experienced developers for our current and upcoming titles on PSP, PS2, and next-gen platforms.

Senior Programmers:
The Senior Programmer displays a high level of expertise in C/C++ and is responsible for development of an area of the game engine. Applicants will have 5+ years of experience and a number of shipped titles, and will enjoy working in a team. Roles offer an excellent opportunity to innovate and take on the tough (but rewarding) challenges. Experience with multi-threaded applications highly regarded.

Game Programmers:
The Game Programmer is proficient in C/C++, has 2+ years of experience and is able to work under the direction of a senior or lead programmer. Applications will display a high level of enthusiasm, demonstrate creative and original thought, and a passion for their particular specialty. Roles available for a variety of disciplines (including graphics, sound and networking) and involve implementation of game features.

Artists - Animators:
The Animator is responsible for character modeling, texturing, rigging, and animation. Animators must be proficient in Maya, and will enjoy working in a team environment.

Artists - Modeler/Texturer:
The Modeler/Texturer is responsible for object modeling and texturing, must be proficient in Maya, and will enjoy working in a team environment.

Artists - Front-End Artists:
The Front-End Artist is responsible for the graphic design, layout, and implementation of the Front-End screens for the game. Applicants must be able to use Flash, will enjoy working in a team, and will be able to work closely with the programming department. Graphic design background is preferred.

Game Designers:
The Game Designer is responsible for creative writing, object placement and scripting/implementation of the world in a game structure. Applicants must be creative while staying within the limitations of the game systems and project brief, be able to write and communicate clearly, be able to create written documents that can be used as a guide for games systems and engine development, and must enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.

Level Designers:
Level designers are responsible for implementing missions and levels in the game. Mission and level implementation encompasses object placement, mission logic scripting, and gameplay tuning. Applicants must be creative while staying within the limitations of the game systems and project brief and must enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.

Producer:
The Producer is responsible for the scheduling, budgeting, management, and timely delivery of the game. Applicants will have a number of shipped titles to their credit.

Associate Producer:
The Associate Producer works with a Senior Producer on a smaller title, and is responsible for some aspects of scheduling, budgeting, management, and timely delivery of the game. Applicants may not have shipped titles, but will have experience in another area of game development: Design, Programming, Art, or QA.

All correspondence treated confidentially.

jobs@irgurus.com

Posted by souri on
Forum

Experienced Game Developers

Following the success of Heroes of the Pacific (AGDC Game of the Year), IR Gurus is expanding.

- Work on high-profile franchises
- Rapidly expanding studio
- We own the IP, so we have greater creative control
- Work with the latest technology, including PS3 and Xbox 360
- Our publishers include: Sony, Codemasters, Ubisoft, and Red Mile.

We are currently seeking experienced developers for our current and upcoming titles on PSP, PS2, and next-gen platforms.

Senior Programmers:
The Senior Programmer displays a high level of expertise in C/C++ and is responsible for development of an area of the game engine. Applicants will have 5+ years of experience and a number of shipped titles, and will enjoy working in a team. Roles offer an excellent opportunity to innovate and take on the tough (but rewarding) challenges. Experience with multi-threaded applications highly regarded.

Game Programmers:
The Game Programmer is proficient in C/C++, has 2+ years of experience and is able to work under the direction of a senior or lead programmer. Applications will display a high level of enthusiasm, demonstrate creative and original thought, and a passion for their particular specialty. Roles available for a variety of disciplines (including graphics, sound and networking) and involve implementation of game features.

Artists - Animators:
The Animator is responsible for character modeling, texturing, rigging, and animation. Animators must be proficient in Maya, and will enjoy working in a team environment.

Artists - Modeler/Texturer:
The Modeler/Texturer is responsible for object modeling and texturing, must be proficient in Maya, and will enjoy working in a team environment.

Artists - Front-End Artists:
The Front-End Artist is responsible for the graphic design, layout, and implementation of the Front-End screens for the game. Applicants must be able to use Flash, will enjoy working in a team, and will be able to work closely with the programming department. Graphic design background is preferred.

Game Designers:
The Game Designer is responsible for creative writing, object placement and scripting/implementation of the world in a game structure. Applicants must be creative while staying within the limitations of the game systems and project brief, be able to write and communicate clearly, be able to create written documents that can be used as a guide for games systems and engine development, and must enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.

Level Designers:
Level designers are responsible for implementing missions and levels in the game. Mission and level implementation encompasses object placement, mission logic scripting, and gameplay tuning. Applicants must be creative while staying within the limitations of the game systems and project brief and must enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.

Producer:
The Producer is responsible for the scheduling, budgeting, management, and timely delivery of the game. Applicants will have a number of shipped titles to their credit.

Associate Producer:
The Associate Producer works with a Senior Producer on a smaller title, and is responsible for some aspects of scheduling, budgeting, management, and timely delivery of the game. Applicants may not have shipped titles, but will have experience in another area of game development: Design, Programming, Art, or QA.

All correspondence treated confidentially.

jobs@irgurus.com