Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #9 - Gogitason

Submitted by Gogitason on

Hey guys, I'll give this a go

I made up my own god of war. I'll be changing a few things on the model as I progress. Please let me know if the concept doesn't conform to the guidelines so I can change it.

Here's a basic concept sketch:

Submitted by panthr on Thu, 19/07/07 - 6:37 AM Permalink

nice concept! My crit would be to make it a little more greek, its kinda reminding me of conan the barbarian :). Even the little things from patterns and designs can make it look like its got a greek influence.

P

Submitted by Killa Dee on Mon, 23/07/07 - 6:47 AM Permalink

he looks mean! great work very cool.

Submitted by happy virus on Mon, 23/07/07 - 8:45 AM Permalink

Nice work bro looking fully sik keep up teh good work

Submitted by faultymoose on Tue, 24/07/07 - 6:43 AM Permalink

Nice concept! I have a small critique - or rather a question. With the position of his scabard, does he attack by swinging his elbow in a 'slashing' type motion? This would be an interesting style. But if he was to attempt to retreive his sword, I imagine it'd be quite awkward with its positioning.

Submitted by Gogitason on Tue, 24/07/07 - 3:34 PM Permalink

Thanks faultymoose.

He can attack by swinging his elbow, but the scabbard in that position is mainly to hold the sword. To retrieve it, he simply brings his left elbow close to his right arm/hand   

Posted by Gogitason on

Hey guys, I'll give this a go

I made up my own god of war. I'll be changing a few things on the model as I progress. Please let me know if the concept doesn't conform to the guidelines so I can change it.

Here's a basic concept sketch:

Submitted by panthr on Thu, 19/07/07 - 6:37 AM Permalink

nice concept! My crit would be to make it a little more greek, its kinda reminding me of conan the barbarian :). Even the little things from patterns and designs can make it look like its got a greek influence.

P

Submitted by Killa Dee on Mon, 23/07/07 - 6:47 AM Permalink

he looks mean! great work very cool.

Submitted by happy virus on Mon, 23/07/07 - 8:45 AM Permalink

Nice work bro looking fully sik keep up teh good work

Submitted by faultymoose on Tue, 24/07/07 - 6:43 AM Permalink

Nice concept! I have a small critique - or rather a question. With the position of his scabard, does he attack by swinging his elbow in a 'slashing' type motion? This would be an interesting style. But if he was to attempt to retreive his sword, I imagine it'd be quite awkward with its positioning.

Submitted by Gogitason on Tue, 24/07/07 - 3:34 PM Permalink

Thanks faultymoose.

He can attack by swinging his elbow, but the scabbard in that position is mainly to hold the sword. To retrieve it, he simply brings his left elbow close to his right arm/hand