Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #6 -3D- melvosh

Submitted by melvosh on

Well my scanner is shot..so ive got a preview of what ive started modelling. My concept is really open at the moment as im not sure where im going to go with this guy..Was thinking horns and what not but that makes it more medievil.
So hell probably end up more just a mutated human riding some kind of beast..mutant gator etc etc
Either way he will be a boss type character.

Cheers
Adam

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/melvosh/20047186717_screen.jpg"]screen.jpg[/url]
36.77 KB

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 19/07/04 - 8:36 AM Permalink

looks good so far, but maybe you could give him more of a scowling expression, other than that its great.

Submitted by melvosh on Mon, 26/07/04 - 5:57 AM Permalink

Well ive done some more work on my character...And have worked out what im doing...The guy will either have his eyes removed or stappled shut and will have 3 of the guard mutant dogs as his "guides". The character will have a chain connected to the 3 dogs.
Overall he will end up pretty basic legs wise and what not as my main goal is to get it finished.

Thanks

Insert Image: [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/melvosh/200472555553_wip.jpg[/img]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 26/07/04 - 6:14 AM Permalink

looking good and thats a pretty neat dog model but since this is a horror comp maybe you could do some more to make the dog more of a evil hound then an ordinary dog if you get me.

Submitted by melvosh on Mon, 26/07/04 - 6:46 AM Permalink

Oh yeh defiently will work on the dog to turn it into a hound of some sort..just got a basic dog modelled so i can go from there with details. Might add some kind of spikes on its spine or something along those lines too. Going to give the main character some kind of gory belt to break up the blandness of the torso and upper legs too.

Adam

Submitted by Jackablade on Mon, 26/07/04 - 10:20 AM Permalink

Whats the go with that fella's torso? He's got some weird anatomy going on there... You might want to get some reference material - you've got a whole bunch of problems there.

Submitted by melvosh on Tue, 27/07/04 - 3:21 AM Permalink

Well i dont know about anyone else but with this topic i dont think normal human anatomy applies here mate. So with the reference material im using there are no problems. Well just see how it turns out wont we.

Adam

Submitted by Jackablade on Tue, 27/07/04 - 9:03 AM Permalink

Correct anatomy is always worthy of consideration, simply because the human physique is so familiar that any discrepancy from the norm will stand out as wrong looking. Because of this, even a stylised or distorted human should be based around realistic proportions which can then be tweaked as necessary.

If theres a particular reason why his rib structure is warped like that then its fine, but you might want to look in to some of the other areas.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 27/07/04 - 10:46 AM Permalink

Have to agree with Jack on that one, Something is odd with its latissimus dorsi. There also looks like a problem with his trapezius muscles and around his collar bone area.

Having no concept art makes it difficult for anyone to know what to try and help you with, if there is a reason for anatomy being so distorted then we probably wouldnt be commenting on these areas [:)]

Posted by melvosh on

Well my scanner is shot..so ive got a preview of what ive started modelling. My concept is really open at the moment as im not sure where im going to go with this guy..Was thinking horns and what not but that makes it more medievil.
So hell probably end up more just a mutated human riding some kind of beast..mutant gator etc etc
Either way he will be a boss type character.

Cheers
Adam

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/melvosh/20047186717_screen.jpg"]screen.jpg[/url]
36.77 KB

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 19/07/04 - 8:36 AM Permalink

looks good so far, but maybe you could give him more of a scowling expression, other than that its great.

Submitted by melvosh on Mon, 26/07/04 - 5:57 AM Permalink

Well ive done some more work on my character...And have worked out what im doing...The guy will either have his eyes removed or stappled shut and will have 3 of the guard mutant dogs as his "guides". The character will have a chain connected to the 3 dogs.
Overall he will end up pretty basic legs wise and what not as my main goal is to get it finished.

Thanks

Insert Image: [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/melvosh/200472555553_wip.jpg[/img]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 26/07/04 - 6:14 AM Permalink

looking good and thats a pretty neat dog model but since this is a horror comp maybe you could do some more to make the dog more of a evil hound then an ordinary dog if you get me.

Submitted by melvosh on Mon, 26/07/04 - 6:46 AM Permalink

Oh yeh defiently will work on the dog to turn it into a hound of some sort..just got a basic dog modelled so i can go from there with details. Might add some kind of spikes on its spine or something along those lines too. Going to give the main character some kind of gory belt to break up the blandness of the torso and upper legs too.

Adam

Submitted by Jackablade on Mon, 26/07/04 - 10:20 AM Permalink

Whats the go with that fella's torso? He's got some weird anatomy going on there... You might want to get some reference material - you've got a whole bunch of problems there.

Submitted by melvosh on Tue, 27/07/04 - 3:21 AM Permalink

Well i dont know about anyone else but with this topic i dont think normal human anatomy applies here mate. So with the reference material im using there are no problems. Well just see how it turns out wont we.

Adam

Submitted by Jackablade on Tue, 27/07/04 - 9:03 AM Permalink

Correct anatomy is always worthy of consideration, simply because the human physique is so familiar that any discrepancy from the norm will stand out as wrong looking. Because of this, even a stylised or distorted human should be based around realistic proportions which can then be tweaked as necessary.

If theres a particular reason why his rib structure is warped like that then its fine, but you might want to look in to some of the other areas.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 27/07/04 - 10:46 AM Permalink

Have to agree with Jack on that one, Something is odd with its latissimus dorsi. There also looks like a problem with his trapezius muscles and around his collar bone area.

Having no concept art makes it difficult for anyone to know what to try and help you with, if there is a reason for anatomy being so distorted then we probably wouldnt be commenting on these areas [:)]