Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #6 -3D- MarkMash

Submitted by MarkMash on

Just starting my thread aswell. I'm thinking of something like predator or alien 3, maybe with some doom 3 style in there too. Gonna do a couple of design before I decide.

EDIT:
Ok this sounds like it's WAY off genre, but i'm pretty sure my concept will be ok. I've veered from that first description. Will get the concept up asap.

Submitted by MarkMash on Fri, 23/07/04 - 2:58 AM Permalink

Ok here is my first piece of concept art. Basically the story of the game is similar to the movie the manchurian candidate. Bit of a rip though. Your character is in a hospital finding his friend/lover. But his friend/lover has been taken there against her will and is there to have special experiments and operations done to her.

As you arrive at the hospital. You see that it is in ruins and has been abandoned. The evil bad dood doctor who runs and carries out all of his operations has fled the country as authorities have found out about his horrible secret. His operations are to create his own slave race with biological implants etc. His nurses are slaves of his and since he was an army doctor he has alot of soldiers being operated on etc. He also gets people off the street by telling them that he will conduct a few x-ray tests on them for a small amount of money

This zombie is one of these unfortunate patients.

ok thats the back story

The character has all of his organs in a see through plastic type bag. His intestines are coming out his mouth and into his bag(for graphic effect :P) His back is filled with syringes and his skull is pinned open as he was previously being operated on but was abandoned! This character is almost a comic relief character as when you see him amongst all these other zombie like patients, this one has a bed pan stuck on his foot.

Also he will use a drip as an attacking weapon. Haven't draw that yet though.

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/200472225640_hospital-z…"]hospital-zombiecontrast.jpg[/url]
141.34?KB

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/200472225640_hospital-z…]

EDIT: Yeah forgot, this is most likely not the final design. I think he might be too muscley and needs to be redrawn again. His hands are lacking in flavour too. They need to be skewed or with some hooks or something.

Feedback welcome!!

lets have a feedback party.:D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 23/07/04 - 4:46 AM Permalink

nasty, i really like the head with the stich on it.

Submitted by Sinister on Sat, 24/07/04 - 6:26 AM Permalink

The plastic bag that's holding his organs looks like see thru overalls. That's a fantasticly gruesome idea. Very nice!

Submitted by tojo on Sat, 24/07/04 - 6:46 AM Permalink

man ....... you certainly going to win the most painful comp :) ....

looking at that is worse than scraping your fingers down a blackboard........

seriously painful stuff!!

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 7:42 AM Permalink

HAHA great concept MarkMash! Im looking forward to how you handle all the organs and stuff in the translucent bag!

Submitted by MarkMash on Sun, 25/07/04 - 6:59 AM Permalink

Wow thanks for the replies!

argh, i just pressed the back button after i wrote this reply, so this is the second time im writing this.

But yeah, will be redrawing him properly over the next couple of days. There are a couple of things that dont work such as the intestines coming out of the mouth. I will keep them, but they might have to work differently. Will think about that one.

Also thinking Edward scissor hands style with the arms. or something to that effect. I will probably make him look sader as he is feeling alot of pain.

I got the idea of the syringes from the beithoven movie with the big dog. I remember the evil scientist dood at the end was pushed over by the dog onto a tray full of huge syringes. And his back was covered in them. The will containt purple, green and orange fluid... mmm orange fluid!

Yeah the bag is see through. I think I know how to tackle it. Will find out soon enough :P. I've seen something like it done before in a game model. BED PAN ALSO STAYS, REJOICE!!!

Submitted by xyz on Sun, 25/07/04 - 6:31 PM Permalink

haha, I just watched Hanibal. Love it. 1 thought, will this detail be obvoius to the player at a distance. Could you make these nice elements of detail more visual. My uncle has a bag for a bladder, very disturbing.

Submitted by MarkMash on Thu, 29/07/04 - 4:48 AM Permalink

"I thought, will this detail be obvoius to the player at a distance"

Hopefully. I'll have to make sure it does in the textures, though really it would be in the animation as the bag would bounce around alot

UPDATE**

There is a car battery going to be hanging off his hears. Positive and negative charge on each ear stretching them right back and also stretching his face a bit. Burn marks around the ears aswell.

The webbing in his palm will be split so he will seem as though his fingers are extra long and has a small palm. The will be held together by a steel rod through the hand bones. Also steel rods will be going through his forearm bones aswell :D.

Will scan in the concepts tomorrow as they're due tomorrow morning :)

EDIT:
I was thinking about making his attack to be him reaching into his organ bag and throwing his organs at you. hehe. OR him wheeling around an operating wheelie tray/table with doctors instruments and he would wheel that around and through instruments at you. Might stick to the drip

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 29/07/04 - 6:49 AM Permalink

heh heh drip quaterstaff fighting :D

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 10:14 AM Permalink

Oooo I?m scared. I?d better watch out for the hick rag dolls.

Submitted by MarkMash on Fri, 30/07/04 - 10:22 AM Permalink

Some more concepts.. sheesh, should get on to 3d soon, might start it this weekend.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/2004729102042_HZombieSM…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/2004729102134_detailsZ…]

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/2004729102042_HZombieSM…"]HZombieSMALL.jpg[/url]
106.58 KB

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/2004729102134_detailsZ…"]detailsZ.jpg[/url]
67.5 KB

Posted by MarkMash on

Just starting my thread aswell. I'm thinking of something like predator or alien 3, maybe with some doom 3 style in there too. Gonna do a couple of design before I decide.

EDIT:
Ok this sounds like it's WAY off genre, but i'm pretty sure my concept will be ok. I've veered from that first description. Will get the concept up asap.

Submitted by MarkMash on Fri, 23/07/04 - 2:58 AM Permalink

Ok here is my first piece of concept art. Basically the story of the game is similar to the movie the manchurian candidate. Bit of a rip though. Your character is in a hospital finding his friend/lover. But his friend/lover has been taken there against her will and is there to have special experiments and operations done to her.

As you arrive at the hospital. You see that it is in ruins and has been abandoned. The evil bad dood doctor who runs and carries out all of his operations has fled the country as authorities have found out about his horrible secret. His operations are to create his own slave race with biological implants etc. His nurses are slaves of his and since he was an army doctor he has alot of soldiers being operated on etc. He also gets people off the street by telling them that he will conduct a few x-ray tests on them for a small amount of money

This zombie is one of these unfortunate patients.

ok thats the back story

The character has all of his organs in a see through plastic type bag. His intestines are coming out his mouth and into his bag(for graphic effect :P) His back is filled with syringes and his skull is pinned open as he was previously being operated on but was abandoned! This character is almost a comic relief character as when you see him amongst all these other zombie like patients, this one has a bed pan stuck on his foot.

Also he will use a drip as an attacking weapon. Haven't draw that yet though.

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/200472225640_hospital-z…"]hospital-zombiecontrast.jpg[/url]
141.34?KB

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/200472225640_hospital-z…]

EDIT: Yeah forgot, this is most likely not the final design. I think he might be too muscley and needs to be redrawn again. His hands are lacking in flavour too. They need to be skewed or with some hooks or something.

Feedback welcome!!

lets have a feedback party.:D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 23/07/04 - 4:46 AM Permalink

nasty, i really like the head with the stich on it.

Submitted by Sinister on Sat, 24/07/04 - 6:26 AM Permalink

The plastic bag that's holding his organs looks like see thru overalls. That's a fantasticly gruesome idea. Very nice!

Submitted by tojo on Sat, 24/07/04 - 6:46 AM Permalink

man ....... you certainly going to win the most painful comp :) ....

looking at that is worse than scraping your fingers down a blackboard........

seriously painful stuff!!

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/07/04 - 7:42 AM Permalink

HAHA great concept MarkMash! Im looking forward to how you handle all the organs and stuff in the translucent bag!

Submitted by MarkMash on Sun, 25/07/04 - 6:59 AM Permalink

Wow thanks for the replies!

argh, i just pressed the back button after i wrote this reply, so this is the second time im writing this.

But yeah, will be redrawing him properly over the next couple of days. There are a couple of things that dont work such as the intestines coming out of the mouth. I will keep them, but they might have to work differently. Will think about that one.

Also thinking Edward scissor hands style with the arms. or something to that effect. I will probably make him look sader as he is feeling alot of pain.

I got the idea of the syringes from the beithoven movie with the big dog. I remember the evil scientist dood at the end was pushed over by the dog onto a tray full of huge syringes. And his back was covered in them. The will containt purple, green and orange fluid... mmm orange fluid!

Yeah the bag is see through. I think I know how to tackle it. Will find out soon enough :P. I've seen something like it done before in a game model. BED PAN ALSO STAYS, REJOICE!!!

Submitted by xyz on Sun, 25/07/04 - 6:31 PM Permalink

haha, I just watched Hanibal. Love it. 1 thought, will this detail be obvoius to the player at a distance. Could you make these nice elements of detail more visual. My uncle has a bag for a bladder, very disturbing.

Submitted by MarkMash on Thu, 29/07/04 - 4:48 AM Permalink

"I thought, will this detail be obvoius to the player at a distance"

Hopefully. I'll have to make sure it does in the textures, though really it would be in the animation as the bag would bounce around alot

UPDATE**

There is a car battery going to be hanging off his hears. Positive and negative charge on each ear stretching them right back and also stretching his face a bit. Burn marks around the ears aswell.

The webbing in his palm will be split so he will seem as though his fingers are extra long and has a small palm. The will be held together by a steel rod through the hand bones. Also steel rods will be going through his forearm bones aswell :D.

Will scan in the concepts tomorrow as they're due tomorrow morning :)

EDIT:
I was thinking about making his attack to be him reaching into his organ bag and throwing his organs at you. hehe. OR him wheeling around an operating wheelie tray/table with doctors instruments and he would wheel that around and through instruments at you. Might stick to the drip

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 29/07/04 - 6:49 AM Permalink

heh heh drip quaterstaff fighting :D

Submitted by goodgod on Thu, 29/07/04 - 10:14 AM Permalink

Oooo I?m scared. I?d better watch out for the hick rag dolls.

Submitted by MarkMash on Fri, 30/07/04 - 10:22 AM Permalink

Some more concepts.. sheesh, should get on to 3d soon, might start it this weekend.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/2004729102042_HZombieSM…]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/2004729102134_detailsZ…]

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/2004729102042_HZombieSM…"]HZombieSMALL.jpg[/url]
106.58 KB

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/MarkMash/2004729102134_detailsZ…"]detailsZ.jpg[/url]
67.5 KB