Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #7 Bluexcess - Challenger #12

Submitted by bluexcess on

Well, decided I might as well take part.

(removed previous concept, it was a fairly generic heavy trooper if you haven't already seen it)

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 19/04/05 - 8:34 PM Permalink

I assume your going for the heavy then? Concept looks good; my only crit is that with all that heavy armour, it does look a little weird having the head so exposed. Maybe turn that mouthpiece into a helmet? You could still leave the eyes open, I just think it?s a bit odd giving a soldier all that armour but not covering his melon.
Just a suggestion, anyway. Nice concept, and good luck with the challenge. [:)]

Submitted by shath on Tue, 26/04/05 - 10:08 PM Permalink

but it dosn't matter because it happens alot, like alot of the soilders in warhammer 40000.
but i do think it looks to generic.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 04/07/05 - 1:24 AM Permalink

interesting, colour variation is good and i can see your keeping consistent with browns and greens but id suggest watching how many different tones you do put in. it does make it look a little confusing when theres quite a lot of colours present

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 04/07/05 - 11:07 AM Permalink

nice entry, the pistons coming out of the back a a really good design choice. the model is very good but some of the texturing can be quite confusing at times. great work though and good luck

Submitted by souri on Mon, 04/07/05 - 11:55 AM Permalink

Can you post your money shot please? Thanks. You're challenger #12.

Submitted by bluexcess on Mon, 04/07/05 - 3:07 PM Permalink

yes, i also agree about the texture work, the main reason i didn't change it was that this is the first time i have used photoshop and I didn't have the time to go back through and change things. I also had my computer (a laptop) crashing at regular intervals from overloading with both photoshop and 3dsmax running, i think it crashed about 5 times in 30 mins at one stage, factor in re-boot time and there you have it.

(Thats why the money shot was late Souri, sorry)

Posted by bluexcess on

Well, decided I might as well take part.

(removed previous concept, it was a fairly generic heavy trooper if you haven't already seen it)

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 19/04/05 - 8:34 PM Permalink

I assume your going for the heavy then? Concept looks good; my only crit is that with all that heavy armour, it does look a little weird having the head so exposed. Maybe turn that mouthpiece into a helmet? You could still leave the eyes open, I just think it?s a bit odd giving a soldier all that armour but not covering his melon.
Just a suggestion, anyway. Nice concept, and good luck with the challenge. [:)]

Submitted by shath on Tue, 26/04/05 - 10:08 PM Permalink

but it dosn't matter because it happens alot, like alot of the soilders in warhammer 40000.
but i do think it looks to generic.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 04/07/05 - 1:24 AM Permalink

interesting, colour variation is good and i can see your keeping consistent with browns and greens but id suggest watching how many different tones you do put in. it does make it look a little confusing when theres quite a lot of colours present

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 04/07/05 - 11:07 AM Permalink

nice entry, the pistons coming out of the back a a really good design choice. the model is very good but some of the texturing can be quite confusing at times. great work though and good luck

Submitted by souri on Mon, 04/07/05 - 11:55 AM Permalink

Can you post your money shot please? Thanks. You're challenger #12.

Submitted by bluexcess on Mon, 04/07/05 - 3:07 PM Permalink

yes, i also agree about the texture work, the main reason i didn't change it was that this is the first time i have used photoshop and I didn't have the time to go back through and change things. I also had my computer (a laptop) crashing at regular intervals from overloading with both photoshop and 3dsmax running, i think it crashed about 5 times in 30 mins at one stage, factor in re-boot time and there you have it.

(Thats why the money shot was late Souri, sorry)