Skip to main content

Programmer wanted for IronMonkey Studios

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Have you ever wanted to know what an IronMonkey was? Have you ever considered becoming one? Have you found yourself wondering what was missing in your life and then suddenly the answer dawned on you ? ?A senior programming position at IronMonkey Studios!?? If the answer to all of the above is a solemn and profound ?YES!?, then read on, my dear friend, and you may discover the secret of the IronMonkey Studios.

On a cold and frosty October morn? of 2003, a man stood alone gazing down at his beloved city of Melbourne and declared;

?I shall hereby create an institution for the sole purpose of delivering to the world the greatest of God?s most undeniable pleasures ? the video game. And by creating such testimonies to life I shall enlist the help of all those who feel the same passion to bring upon the world the most wonderous of wonders ? the console video game. And from this day forth this place shall be known as IronMonkey Studios and all will be good.?

And thus IronMonkey Studios was born and all was good ? or was it?

We need you to help us realize the dream of this crazy, old man so that we can deliver the best and coolest games to the world. Can you do it? Will you fit the mold?

Game Programmer

Job Description:

IronMonkey Studios? console development team is seeking an experienced programmer with a passion for making great games. Our first PS2 game requires a programmer with passion, enthusiam, and a track record of solid experience on this platform. As the title we are working on is our own IP, you would have satisfaction of both creative and technical input. For all those times you've wished "if only I could play a key part in this game's direction", well now's your chance. Ironmonkey has an exciting, unique PS2 game concept just waiting to blast off - and we'd like you on board.

Responsibilities:

* Implementation of game structure and core technology
* Report status of the project to the Technical Director and Producer
* Mentor programmers in the development team
* Provide critical analysis of core technology and studio practices with the goal of improving game quality, team efficiency and a positive studio culture
* Develop and implement custom code solutions to design requirements
* Work within a small, motivated team, and communicate effectively

Required Attributes:

* A degree
* Five or more years experience in entertainment software; at least two years experience as a lead
* Strong 3D programming skills and proven for technical design aptitude
* C/C++ proficiency
* Experience in the design and implementation of game systems, including AI, camera, rendering, UI, FX and object management
* Must be comfortable working within and enhancing an established code framework
* Solid knowledge of 3D maths, physics and rendering
* Passion for video games and broad knowledge of titles and game mechanics
* Renderware experience is a bonus but not a must

180 Coventry Street South Melbourne, 3205 Victoria Australia PH : +61 3 9696 0055 FAX : +61 3 9696 0075
EMAIL : sales@ironmonkeystudios.com
JOB ENQUIRIES : jobs@ironmonkeystudios.com

www.ironmonkeystudios.com

Posted by souri on
Forum

Have you ever wanted to know what an IronMonkey was? Have you ever considered becoming one? Have you found yourself wondering what was missing in your life and then suddenly the answer dawned on you ? ?A senior programming position at IronMonkey Studios!?? If the answer to all of the above is a solemn and profound ?YES!?, then read on, my dear friend, and you may discover the secret of the IronMonkey Studios.

On a cold and frosty October morn? of 2003, a man stood alone gazing down at his beloved city of Melbourne and declared;

?I shall hereby create an institution for the sole purpose of delivering to the world the greatest of God?s most undeniable pleasures ? the video game. And by creating such testimonies to life I shall enlist the help of all those who feel the same passion to bring upon the world the most wonderous of wonders ? the console video game. And from this day forth this place shall be known as IronMonkey Studios and all will be good.?

And thus IronMonkey Studios was born and all was good ? or was it?

We need you to help us realize the dream of this crazy, old man so that we can deliver the best and coolest games to the world. Can you do it? Will you fit the mold?

Game Programmer

Job Description:

IronMonkey Studios? console development team is seeking an experienced programmer with a passion for making great games. Our first PS2 game requires a programmer with passion, enthusiam, and a track record of solid experience on this platform. As the title we are working on is our own IP, you would have satisfaction of both creative and technical input. For all those times you've wished "if only I could play a key part in this game's direction", well now's your chance. Ironmonkey has an exciting, unique PS2 game concept just waiting to blast off - and we'd like you on board.

Responsibilities:

* Implementation of game structure and core technology
* Report status of the project to the Technical Director and Producer
* Mentor programmers in the development team
* Provide critical analysis of core technology and studio practices with the goal of improving game quality, team efficiency and a positive studio culture
* Develop and implement custom code solutions to design requirements
* Work within a small, motivated team, and communicate effectively

Required Attributes:

* A degree
* Five or more years experience in entertainment software; at least two years experience as a lead
* Strong 3D programming skills and proven for technical design aptitude
* C/C++ proficiency
* Experience in the design and implementation of game systems, including AI, camera, rendering, UI, FX and object management
* Must be comfortable working within and enhancing an established code framework
* Solid knowledge of 3D maths, physics and rendering
* Passion for video games and broad knowledge of titles and game mechanics
* Renderware experience is a bonus but not a must

180 Coventry Street South Melbourne, 3205 Victoria Australia PH : +61 3 9696 0055 FAX : +61 3 9696 0075
EMAIL : sales@ironmonkeystudios.com
JOB ENQUIRIES : jobs@ironmonkeystudios.com

www.ironmonkeystudios.com