Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #2 - 3D - Adie

Submitted by adie on

here my design for challenge 2
will fiish him off tonight

[img]http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~pigsnogl/images/sumea2.jpg[/img]

Hes from the not so far off furure, he has the brain of J.w. bush making him the would most deadly machean ever made...he he.. Lame i know couldnt think of anthing maybe later

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 19/03/03 - 9:04 AM Permalink

the brain of dubya eh.

better put him in nappies then :)

concept looks cool, i like the real burnt look you got for the drawing too, nice touch

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 19/03/03 - 10:17 AM Permalink

charcoal!!!
wicked look to your concept.
i always imagined bush more like an orangotan

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 19/03/03 - 10:45 AM Permalink

charcoal eh ;)
didn't realise it was scanned :P I should have maximised the image in IE :P

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 19/03/03 - 8:16 PM Permalink

nice concept adie.
good luck again :)

Submitted by adie on Wed, 19/03/03 - 8:28 PM Permalink

Thanks and nah its not charcoal! I drew it with a mega thick graphite pencil on some realy cheap paper. and when i scanned it in the paper came out all brouwn and burnt looking. I like to sketch big with a Big pencil or just a bamboo stick dipped in ink( none of these fancey pens for me).. You lern a lot more drawing thing big and fast..this pic took me about half an hour..and took up a hole A3 peace of paper..
I worked for chanele ten for awhile doing the cortroom drawing and u have to draw realy fast because sometimes there only on the stand for min or so , and u have to make the rest up ..thats why they always look so dodgy

Submitted by inglis on Thu, 20/03/03 - 10:58 AM Permalink

address but "[]" instead of "<>".

nice start adie.staying pretty true to your concept. (which i think is really cool character design :) is it based off anything?)
are you keeping the knees like that? i like the knee design in your concept more.
thats one big ass gun :)

Submitted by Dan Ward on Thu, 20/03/03 - 6:35 PM Permalink

looking real good adie, you have got it really close to your concept

Submitted by adie on Thu, 20/03/03 - 9:42 PM Permalink

thanks Inglis so thats how its done :P
its not realy baised of anything but was thinking of ABC woriors when I drew it, I remember that warhammer had a big ass gun like that. I couldnt find any my comics with them in it..so just made it up!
yeah the knees will look like the design was just ruffing out the design to work out how many polly I can put in the knees and ankles and things..

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 20/03/03 - 10:17 PM Permalink

ABC warriors rock! I love that comic.
His name is actually Hammerstein not warhammer and he has a big hammer for a hand not a gun.

I always liked Deadlock, Joe pineapples and Morrigin, must be the pagan in me. :P

Ive actually started some work on modelling the whole ABC Warrior team last night!! Wierd huh, not much done but its going to rock when theyre finished.

Its looking good Adie, nothing better than a physco robot. [:P]

Hammerstein at his most relaxed:
[img]http://www.dreamnation.fsnet.co.uk/hammer.jpg[/img]

Submitted by adie on Fri, 21/03/03 - 12:14 AM Permalink

he he yeah new it was hammer something.. haven read them for years backin the good old days he use to carry a big ass gun , but i geuse he uses anything he can get his hands on..modeling them sounds like wicked fun !!carnt wait to see them ...hey is pineapple still with them??? ..hes kick ass too

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Fri, 21/03/03 - 5:45 AM Permalink

SIMON BISLEY i loved that guys art when i was kid, i still remember drooling over the ABC warriors and Slaine when i was knee high to a grasshopper.
a source of inspiration that will take me to the grave.

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 21/03/03 - 11:16 PM Permalink

Thers my guys, don't they look purdy [:P]

Im doing all of them yikes, better get back to it!!

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Sat, 22/03/03 - 7:27 AM Permalink

I love Joe Pinapples, the assassin robot... How cool is he! And the chick (TERR-1, i think) had an A$$ to boot!

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 9:47 AM Permalink

[img]http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~pigsnogl/images/sp2_01.jpg[/img]
did some work on him today changed his arm and hand but still not happy with it[:(!] oh yeah i changed his head what do u think of it?? Dose it look out of place with the rest of the design? and dose he look too tall??

HEY i need some HELP [?] how can I export a pic of the maping?? I havent done that before... saw some u did it in the last challenge i thik it woud cut down my textureing time..im using max 5 and i got this script to do it for max4 but itdosent work in 5..help please [B)]

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 24/03/03 - 9:55 AM Permalink

hahahah that head looks funny :)
i think its a little too small :)

get textporter

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 10:03 AM Permalink

where can i get textporter cos the verion i got dont work for max5?

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 10:17 AM Permalink

yeah it works thanks inglis :)

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 24/03/03 - 12:27 PM Permalink

np.

how close are u to the 3000 polylimit now?

Submitted by rezn0r on Mon, 24/03/03 - 12:39 PM Permalink

Personally I like the small head. Its coolness is matched only by the characters WINNING SMILE!

I love it. Good work.

Scott.

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 8:06 PM Permalink

the polly count is 2972!! so only a few more polys to play with:( But if i changed the head to a helmet it would free up maybe 100

he he winning smile :) thanks scott

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 26/03/03 - 2:00 PM Permalink

i like the small head, exagerate it even more with the texturing.

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by adie on Sat, 05/04/03 - 7:33 AM Permalink

Well Im out!! I was goin to finish Textureing him today but woke up sick.[8].so its on the shelf with my model and Back into bed for me ...sob sob and I geuss its good by to my sumea golden cup Ill have to hand that over to the winner[:(] ...sniff sniiff but not for long my pritty you'll be back in my hands next Round, when I kill u all he he he he he he he he ehe hehehhhe eh........[|)]

Submitted by rezn0r on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:25 AM Permalink

Noo, thats a shame. I was going to vote for your model because its smile made my day. [:)]

Better luck next time.

Scott.

Posted by adie on

here my design for challenge 2
will fiish him off tonight

[img]http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~pigsnogl/images/sumea2.jpg[/img]

Hes from the not so far off furure, he has the brain of J.w. bush making him the would most deadly machean ever made...he he.. Lame i know couldnt think of anthing maybe later

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 19/03/03 - 9:04 AM Permalink

the brain of dubya eh.

better put him in nappies then :)

concept looks cool, i like the real burnt look you got for the drawing too, nice touch

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 19/03/03 - 10:17 AM Permalink

charcoal!!!
wicked look to your concept.
i always imagined bush more like an orangotan

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 19/03/03 - 10:45 AM Permalink

charcoal eh ;)
didn't realise it was scanned :P I should have maximised the image in IE :P

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 19/03/03 - 8:16 PM Permalink

nice concept adie.
good luck again :)

Submitted by adie on Wed, 19/03/03 - 8:28 PM Permalink

Thanks and nah its not charcoal! I drew it with a mega thick graphite pencil on some realy cheap paper. and when i scanned it in the paper came out all brouwn and burnt looking. I like to sketch big with a Big pencil or just a bamboo stick dipped in ink( none of these fancey pens for me).. You lern a lot more drawing thing big and fast..this pic took me about half an hour..and took up a hole A3 peace of paper..
I worked for chanele ten for awhile doing the cortroom drawing and u have to draw realy fast because sometimes there only on the stand for min or so , and u have to make the rest up ..thats why they always look so dodgy

Submitted by inglis on Thu, 20/03/03 - 10:58 AM Permalink

address but "[]" instead of "<>".

nice start adie.staying pretty true to your concept. (which i think is really cool character design :) is it based off anything?)
are you keeping the knees like that? i like the knee design in your concept more.
thats one big ass gun :)

Submitted by Dan Ward on Thu, 20/03/03 - 6:35 PM Permalink

looking real good adie, you have got it really close to your concept

Submitted by adie on Thu, 20/03/03 - 9:42 PM Permalink

thanks Inglis so thats how its done :P
its not realy baised of anything but was thinking of ABC woriors when I drew it, I remember that warhammer had a big ass gun like that. I couldnt find any my comics with them in it..so just made it up!
yeah the knees will look like the design was just ruffing out the design to work out how many polly I can put in the knees and ankles and things..

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 20/03/03 - 10:17 PM Permalink

ABC warriors rock! I love that comic.
His name is actually Hammerstein not warhammer and he has a big hammer for a hand not a gun.

I always liked Deadlock, Joe pineapples and Morrigin, must be the pagan in me. :P

Ive actually started some work on modelling the whole ABC Warrior team last night!! Wierd huh, not much done but its going to rock when theyre finished.

Its looking good Adie, nothing better than a physco robot. [:P]

Hammerstein at his most relaxed:
[img]http://www.dreamnation.fsnet.co.uk/hammer.jpg[/img]

Submitted by adie on Fri, 21/03/03 - 12:14 AM Permalink

he he yeah new it was hammer something.. haven read them for years backin the good old days he use to carry a big ass gun , but i geuse he uses anything he can get his hands on..modeling them sounds like wicked fun !!carnt wait to see them ...hey is pineapple still with them??? ..hes kick ass too

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Fri, 21/03/03 - 5:45 AM Permalink

SIMON BISLEY i loved that guys art when i was kid, i still remember drooling over the ABC warriors and Slaine when i was knee high to a grasshopper.
a source of inspiration that will take me to the grave.

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 21/03/03 - 11:16 PM Permalink

Thers my guys, don't they look purdy [:P]

Im doing all of them yikes, better get back to it!!

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Sat, 22/03/03 - 7:27 AM Permalink

I love Joe Pinapples, the assassin robot... How cool is he! And the chick (TERR-1, i think) had an A$$ to boot!

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 9:47 AM Permalink

[img]http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~pigsnogl/images/sp2_01.jpg[/img]
did some work on him today changed his arm and hand but still not happy with it[:(!] oh yeah i changed his head what do u think of it?? Dose it look out of place with the rest of the design? and dose he look too tall??

HEY i need some HELP [?] how can I export a pic of the maping?? I havent done that before... saw some u did it in the last challenge i thik it woud cut down my textureing time..im using max 5 and i got this script to do it for max4 but itdosent work in 5..help please [B)]

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 24/03/03 - 9:55 AM Permalink

hahahah that head looks funny :)
i think its a little too small :)

get textporter

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 10:03 AM Permalink

where can i get textporter cos the verion i got dont work for max5?

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 10:17 AM Permalink

yeah it works thanks inglis :)

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 24/03/03 - 12:27 PM Permalink

np.

how close are u to the 3000 polylimit now?

Submitted by rezn0r on Mon, 24/03/03 - 12:39 PM Permalink

Personally I like the small head. Its coolness is matched only by the characters WINNING SMILE!

I love it. Good work.

Scott.

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 8:06 PM Permalink

the polly count is 2972!! so only a few more polys to play with:( But if i changed the head to a helmet it would free up maybe 100

he he winning smile :) thanks scott

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 26/03/03 - 2:00 PM Permalink

i like the small head, exagerate it even more with the texturing.

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by adie on Sat, 05/04/03 - 7:33 AM Permalink

Well Im out!! I was goin to finish Textureing him today but woke up sick.[8].so its on the shelf with my model and Back into bed for me ...sob sob and I geuss its good by to my sumea golden cup Ill have to hand that over to the winner[:(] ...sniff sniiff but not for long my pritty you'll be back in my hands next Round, when I kill u all he he he he he he he he ehe hehehhhe eh........[|)]

Submitted by rezn0r on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:25 AM Permalink

Noo, thats a shame. I was going to vote for your model because its smile made my day. [:)]

Better luck next time.

Scott.