Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #2 - 3D - WAR-HEAD

Submitted by WAR HEAD on

im pretty slack... this is only my second post here. I do, however, plan to do a lot more.

Heres my preliminary concept sketch of the "Techno-Soldier". I don't know how much of the actual 3D model / texture I'll get done. I started the last 3D challenge and got pretty close to finishing, but I've been kinda busy lately and I just ran out of time.

[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/warhead/techsol.jpg[/img]

--or-- (if that doesn't work!)

[url]http://www.geocities.com/msfolio/sumea/techsol.htm[/url]

WAR-HEAD
[url]www.geocities.com/msfolio/[/url]

Submitted by Dan Ward on Wed, 19/03/03 - 5:33 AM Permalink

looking good, hope you get to model it should be a cool model.

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 19/03/03 - 5:39 AM Permalink

it looks good, seems like a fairly straight forward model.
it reminds me a lot of warhammer 40k
i dont think i would use the neck ring it will limit the movement way too much

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 19/03/03 - 5:50 AM Permalink

Yeah does look alot like a warhammer inspired piece, nice though, with 3000 polys you can go to town on the detail with it though.

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Wed, 19/03/03 - 7:42 AM Permalink

Cheers guys. I'm trying to get away from the whole Warhammer 40k look, but im still workin on the final concept... I want to do something different with his face mask and back / shoulder area. Also, some nasty lookin weapons would be sweet.
should have something new to show soon.

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Mon, 07/04/03 - 10:35 AM Permalink

Sorry guys. Like I suspected, I couldn't make time to build the model. I've been looking for somewhere to live over the last 3 weeks and haven't had too much spare time to get into the modeling. I have, just recently, found somewhere to live. So when I get settled, I will make an effort to get an entry in to the 3rd Sumea Challenge!

Poison: I have been drawing since I was about 5, but nothing really serious. I love my comics. My first major inspiration was Superman... (later followed by Batman, Spiderman, He-Man and various other characters whose names end in "man")

P.S. I'm extremely impressed with all of the entries. The talent floating around these boards is amazing. Good work everyone!!!

Posted by WAR HEAD on

im pretty slack... this is only my second post here. I do, however, plan to do a lot more.

Heres my preliminary concept sketch of the "Techno-Soldier". I don't know how much of the actual 3D model / texture I'll get done. I started the last 3D challenge and got pretty close to finishing, but I've been kinda busy lately and I just ran out of time.

[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/warhead/techsol.jpg[/img]

--or-- (if that doesn't work!)

[url]http://www.geocities.com/msfolio/sumea/techsol.htm[/url]

WAR-HEAD
[url]www.geocities.com/msfolio/[/url]

Submitted by Dan Ward on Wed, 19/03/03 - 5:33 AM Permalink

looking good, hope you get to model it should be a cool model.

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 19/03/03 - 5:39 AM Permalink

it looks good, seems like a fairly straight forward model.
it reminds me a lot of warhammer 40k
i dont think i would use the neck ring it will limit the movement way too much

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 19/03/03 - 5:50 AM Permalink

Yeah does look alot like a warhammer inspired piece, nice though, with 3000 polys you can go to town on the detail with it though.

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Wed, 19/03/03 - 7:42 AM Permalink

Cheers guys. I'm trying to get away from the whole Warhammer 40k look, but im still workin on the final concept... I want to do something different with his face mask and back / shoulder area. Also, some nasty lookin weapons would be sweet.
should have something new to show soon.

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Mon, 07/04/03 - 10:35 AM Permalink

Sorry guys. Like I suspected, I couldn't make time to build the model. I've been looking for somewhere to live over the last 3 weeks and haven't had too much spare time to get into the modeling. I have, just recently, found somewhere to live. So when I get settled, I will make an effort to get an entry in to the 3rd Sumea Challenge!

Poison: I have been drawing since I was about 5, but nothing really serious. I love my comics. My first major inspiration was Superman... (later followed by Batman, Spiderman, He-Man and various other characters whose names end in "man")

P.S. I'm extremely impressed with all of the entries. The talent floating around these boards is amazing. Good work everyone!!!