Skip to main content

Anyone else excited about the upcoming E3?

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Ok, last years E3 was huge. It was the most exciting E3 for a long time, with the revealing of the XBox 360, some more details (stats, concept designs and tech demos) on the PS3, and a tiny, tiny bit on the Nintendo Revolution. You know, it doesn't seem that long ago, and I'm stoked that E3 is already happening again in a month!

So this year I'm sure we'll see more of the PS3 and the Revolution which will hopefully include playable games. I'm probably most excited about Quake Wars: Enemy Territory where they'll have a 24 player lan there and I'm sure there'll be an onslaught of information and footage on that title.

Anyway, it's a pretty exciting period with lots of coverage and streaming nedia to be had at all the major gamewebsites, so yes, very much looking forward to it [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 17/04/06 - 9:42 PM Permalink

I'm incredibly excited about Quake wars, im still playing DOD for my online FPS fix (i would be playing Battlefield 2 on occasion to be honest but i never got around to buying it..., quake wars im getting one way or another!!). Infact reflecting on that i think im more excited to hear about titles then i am about systems, the initial excitement of the new systems has passed for me and now im more interested in footage footage footage.

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 17/04/06 - 11:43 PM Permalink

YES!
Im incredibly excited over any tidbits on MGS4 *drool*

oh and the revolution...

Submitted by LiveWire on Tue, 18/04/06 - 12:20 AM Permalink

playable revolution! too bad i wont be there to play it

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/04/06 - 11:40 AM Permalink

Unreal Tournament 2006 is going to be there in playable hands-on beta form, so that'll be interesting as well.

Here's the floor plan for E3 2006 where the exciting stuff will be happening.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/souri/2006417113546_e3_west_hall…"[/img]

Here's a link to [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/E3_floorplan.gif"]all the floor plans[/url]...

Aussie developers look like they're in striking PS3-stealing distance to the Sony stand [:D]..

Submitted by Triton on Tue, 18/04/06 - 11:52 AM Permalink

lol @ N-Gage. I didn't realise that thing was still alive.. *shudder*

Submitted by Yug on Wed, 19/04/06 - 4:18 AM Permalink

Yeah its exciting stuff, I think the most exciting is the Revolution being finally unveiled, and more PS3 stuff.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 19/04/06 - 5:09 AM Permalink

PS3 and oblivion stealing distance :P cool to see theres a decent size auzzie stand. Looks damn exciting all up, ill be following all the updating content online from gamespot and the like for sure.

Submitted by LiveWire on Wed, 19/04/06 - 5:20 AM Permalink

I wonder what Bethesda wil have on show, it's a bit early for any significant Oblivion related news (such as expansions) - maybe some long awaited Fallout 3 info?

Submitted by Djenx on Wed, 19/04/06 - 6:04 AM Permalink

Supreme commander
jagged alliance 3
Fallout 3 (fingers crossed)
Never Winter Nights 2
savage 2
Nintendo rev

i can't wait[:D]

Submitted by Caroo on Wed, 19/04/06 - 9:10 AM Permalink

Supreme_commander ---- It's all that matters!!!!

Although it's release dates been bumped back 6 months *grumbles* I WANT MY T.A. !!!!!

Go to the gas powered game website. It acually has some content on it!

Submitted by Triton on Wed, 19/04/06 - 10:14 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Caroo

Although it's release dates been bumped back 6 months *grumbles* I WANT MY T.A. !!!!!

Omg i hadn't heard of this game and i just checked it out, now i won't be able to sleep tonight! I was a huge fan of TA and it's about time something better came out. This game looks freaking awesome!

Submitted by Djenx on Wed, 19/04/06 - 10:38 AM Permalink

Caroo: after waiting 9 years for a sequel a six month's delay really isn't going to worry me[^]

Triton: well it's not a true sequel (they sold the rights off for beer money some where down the line) its looks like SC will be everything TA was and much more! Did I mention co-op!?!

Submitted by CombatWombat on Wed, 19/04/06 - 7:04 PM Permalink

Oh cool Jagged Alliance 3 on display at E3 eh? Even if it's only half as good as JA2 I'll be ecstatic :)

Submitted by Djenx on Wed, 19/04/06 - 7:31 PM Permalink

Sorry CombatW, I was taking a bit of a guess when I said Jagged Alliance 3 would be there. Didn't mean to get your hopes up.

Though they did release a stack of screen shots not to long ago & it's supposed to be released this year, so we can expect some more info some time soon.

You can find some of the screen shots here
[url]http://gamezoom.ru/zoom/jaggedalliance3d.html[/url]

Submitted by zemaj on Sat, 22/04/06 - 2:07 AM Permalink

I've got a meeting with ubisoft first thing on the Wed, so hopefully there will be some playable Red Steel :)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 25/04/06 - 2:56 PM Permalink

If you're feeling pretty ill or can't make it to that meeting for whatever reason, I think I'm a worthy replacement. [:D]

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 26/04/06 - 7:27 PM Permalink

yay! at least 2 companies with booths and 1 more represented by their publisher will be there that I've worked with recently [:D]

So yes, getting excited to see if any of my content will be shown at e3 [:)]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 09/05/06 - 9:35 PM Permalink

Heh.. the Batarang is gone! Sony's shown the PS3 controller, which looks like the normal PS2 controller, but silver. Oh, and you can tilt it in 6 degrees and the controller can sense it [;)] Maybe Nintendo should have kept quiet about their controller.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5489/sonysteals5dq.jpg

The 20 gb PS3 is $500 (US), and the 60 gb PS3 is a whopping $600 (US) [:D]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 09/05/06 - 10:51 PM Permalink

They've removed the rumble from the controller, saying it interfere's with the new sensor tech, but I'm sure it's more likely they don't want to pay royalties on that tech.

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced the new controller for PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3), which will become available as standard with the system. The new controller can be experienced at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) held from May 10 through 12, 2006, in Los Angeles, California.

The controller for PS3 has been created by refining and improving the world's most popular PlayStation controller that has shipped more than several hundred million units worldwide, while inheriting its basic concept and design. The controller for PS3 employs breakthrough technology of high-precision, highly sensitive six-axis sensing system that does not require any devices other than the controller itself for seamless interactive operation, thus eliminating additional settings to TVs. With this technology, ways to enjoy PS3 will be further enhanced by accessing PS3 through the network, while retaining the six-axis sensing capability.

In addition to the "3-posture-axis" of roll, pitch and yaw, "3-dimension acceleration information (X, Y, and Z)" can be detected in high-precision and in real-time. In addition to standard key input available in existing controllers, more natural and more intuitive play will become possible as if the controller has become part of your body.

Pursuant to the introduction of this new six-axis sensing system, the vibration feature that is currently available on DUALSHOCK and DUALSHOCK 2 controllers for PlayStation and PlayStation 2, will be removed from the new PS3 controller as vibration itself interferes with information detected by the sensor.

The shape of L2/R2 buttons located on the top of the controller has also been enlarged with increased depth in stroke for more subtle control in games. At the same time, the tilting angle of the analog joy sticks has been slightly broadened to enable more delicate and more dynamic manipulation. Along with these improvements, precision of above information detection (L2/R2, analog joy stick) has been increased from 8 bit to 10 bit.

All input information will be immediately transferred to the PS3 system through the Bluetooth wireless technology. By using a USB cable, the PS3 controller can be swapped seamlessly from wireless to wired, and can be charged automatically. The cable can be attached and detached at anytime.

By integrating all these features into one standard PlayStation controller, SCEI, together with content creators, expects to further expand and accelerate the world of next generation computer entertainment.

Submitted by Brad Welch on Thu, 11/05/06 - 8:31 AM Permalink

For any Sumeans at E3 tomorrow - check out the E3 demo for Destroy All Humans 2. There's a big display in the THQ area, along with demo stations in the Sony, Microsoft and Brady Games areas.

DAH2 got a mention in one of the Sony conference slides and Pandemic got a mention from Kaz Hirai at the end which was all cool.

[url]http://destroyallhumansgame.com[/url]

The LA office just announced Mercs 2 as well - the director of Mercs is an Aussie.

[url]http://www.mercs2.com[/url]

Posted by souri on
Forum

Ok, last years E3 was huge. It was the most exciting E3 for a long time, with the revealing of the XBox 360, some more details (stats, concept designs and tech demos) on the PS3, and a tiny, tiny bit on the Nintendo Revolution. You know, it doesn't seem that long ago, and I'm stoked that E3 is already happening again in a month!

So this year I'm sure we'll see more of the PS3 and the Revolution which will hopefully include playable games. I'm probably most excited about Quake Wars: Enemy Territory where they'll have a 24 player lan there and I'm sure there'll be an onslaught of information and footage on that title.

Anyway, it's a pretty exciting period with lots of coverage and streaming nedia to be had at all the major gamewebsites, so yes, very much looking forward to it [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 17/04/06 - 9:42 PM Permalink

I'm incredibly excited about Quake wars, im still playing DOD for my online FPS fix (i would be playing Battlefield 2 on occasion to be honest but i never got around to buying it..., quake wars im getting one way or another!!). Infact reflecting on that i think im more excited to hear about titles then i am about systems, the initial excitement of the new systems has passed for me and now im more interested in footage footage footage.

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 17/04/06 - 11:43 PM Permalink

YES!
Im incredibly excited over any tidbits on MGS4 *drool*

oh and the revolution...

Submitted by LiveWire on Tue, 18/04/06 - 12:20 AM Permalink

playable revolution! too bad i wont be there to play it

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/04/06 - 11:40 AM Permalink

Unreal Tournament 2006 is going to be there in playable hands-on beta form, so that'll be interesting as well.

Here's the floor plan for E3 2006 where the exciting stuff will be happening.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/souri/2006417113546_e3_west_hall…"[/img]

Here's a link to [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/E3_floorplan.gif"]all the floor plans[/url]...

Aussie developers look like they're in striking PS3-stealing distance to the Sony stand [:D]..

Submitted by Triton on Tue, 18/04/06 - 11:52 AM Permalink

lol @ N-Gage. I didn't realise that thing was still alive.. *shudder*

Submitted by Yug on Wed, 19/04/06 - 4:18 AM Permalink

Yeah its exciting stuff, I think the most exciting is the Revolution being finally unveiled, and more PS3 stuff.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 19/04/06 - 5:09 AM Permalink

PS3 and oblivion stealing distance :P cool to see theres a decent size auzzie stand. Looks damn exciting all up, ill be following all the updating content online from gamespot and the like for sure.

Submitted by LiveWire on Wed, 19/04/06 - 5:20 AM Permalink

I wonder what Bethesda wil have on show, it's a bit early for any significant Oblivion related news (such as expansions) - maybe some long awaited Fallout 3 info?

Submitted by Djenx on Wed, 19/04/06 - 6:04 AM Permalink

Supreme commander
jagged alliance 3
Fallout 3 (fingers crossed)
Never Winter Nights 2
savage 2
Nintendo rev

i can't wait[:D]

Submitted by Caroo on Wed, 19/04/06 - 9:10 AM Permalink

Submitted by Triton on Wed, 19/04/06 - 10:14 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Caroo

Omg i hadn't heard of this game and i just checked it out, now i won't be able to sleep tonight! I was a huge fan of TA and it's about time something better came out. This game looks freaking awesome!

Submitted by Djenx on Wed, 19/04/06 - 10:38 AM Permalink

Caroo: after waiting 9 years for a sequel a six month's delay really isn't going to worry me[^]

Triton: well it's not a true sequel (they sold the rights off for beer money some where down the line) its looks like SC will be everything TA was and much more! Did I mention co-op!?!

Submitted by CombatWombat on Wed, 19/04/06 - 7:04 PM Permalink

Oh cool Jagged Alliance 3 on display at E3 eh? Even if it's only half as good as JA2 I'll be ecstatic :)

Submitted by Djenx on Wed, 19/04/06 - 7:31 PM Permalink

Sorry CombatW, I was taking a bit of a guess when I said Jagged Alliance 3 would be there. Didn't mean to get your hopes up.

Though they did release a stack of screen shots not to long ago & it's supposed to be released this year, so we can expect some more info some time soon.

You can find some of the screen shots here
[url]http://gamezoom.ru/zoom/jaggedalliance3d.html[/url]

Submitted by zemaj on Sat, 22/04/06 - 2:07 AM Permalink

I've got a meeting with ubisoft first thing on the Wed, so hopefully there will be some playable Red Steel :)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 25/04/06 - 2:56 PM Permalink

If you're feeling pretty ill or can't make it to that meeting for whatever reason, I think I'm a worthy replacement. [:D]

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 26/04/06 - 7:27 PM Permalink

yay! at least 2 companies with booths and 1 more represented by their publisher will be there that I've worked with recently [:D]

So yes, getting excited to see if any of my content will be shown at e3 [:)]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 09/05/06 - 9:35 PM Permalink

Heh.. the Batarang is gone! Sony's shown the PS3 controller, which looks like the normal PS2 controller, but silver. Oh, and you can tilt it in 6 degrees and the controller can sense it [;)] Maybe Nintendo should have kept quiet about their controller.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5489/sonysteals5dq.jpg

The 20 gb PS3 is $500 (US), and the 60 gb PS3 is a whopping $600 (US) [:D]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 09/05/06 - 10:51 PM Permalink

They've removed the rumble from the controller, saying it interfere's with the new sensor tech, but I'm sure it's more likely they don't want to pay royalties on that tech.

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced the new controller for PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3), which will become available as standard with the system. The new controller can be experienced at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) held from May 10 through 12, 2006, in Los Angeles, California.

The controller for PS3 has been created by refining and improving the world's most popular PlayStation controller that has shipped more than several hundred million units worldwide, while inheriting its basic concept and design. The controller for PS3 employs breakthrough technology of high-precision, highly sensitive six-axis sensing system that does not require any devices other than the controller itself for seamless interactive operation, thus eliminating additional settings to TVs. With this technology, ways to enjoy PS3 will be further enhanced by accessing PS3 through the network, while retaining the six-axis sensing capability.

In addition to the "3-posture-axis" of roll, pitch and yaw, "3-dimension acceleration information (X, Y, and Z)" can be detected in high-precision and in real-time. In addition to standard key input available in existing controllers, more natural and more intuitive play will become possible as if the controller has become part of your body.

Pursuant to the introduction of this new six-axis sensing system, the vibration feature that is currently available on DUALSHOCK and DUALSHOCK 2 controllers for PlayStation and PlayStation 2, will be removed from the new PS3 controller as vibration itself interferes with information detected by the sensor.

The shape of L2/R2 buttons located on the top of the controller has also been enlarged with increased depth in stroke for more subtle control in games. At the same time, the tilting angle of the analog joy sticks has been slightly broadened to enable more delicate and more dynamic manipulation. Along with these improvements, precision of above information detection (L2/R2, analog joy stick) has been increased from 8 bit to 10 bit.

All input information will be immediately transferred to the PS3 system through the Bluetooth wireless technology. By using a USB cable, the PS3 controller can be swapped seamlessly from wireless to wired, and can be charged automatically. The cable can be attached and detached at anytime.

By integrating all these features into one standard PlayStation controller, SCEI, together with content creators, expects to further expand and accelerate the world of next generation computer entertainment.

Submitted by Brad Welch on Thu, 11/05/06 - 8:31 AM Permalink

For any Sumeans at E3 tomorrow - check out the E3 demo for Destroy All Humans 2. There's a big display in the THQ area, along with demo stations in the Sony, Microsoft and Brady Games areas.

DAH2 got a mention in one of the Sony conference slides and Pandemic got a mention from Kaz Hirai at the end which was all cool.

[url]http://destroyallhumansgame.com[/url]

The LA office just announced Mercs 2 as well - the director of Mercs is an Aussie.

[url]http://www.mercs2.com[/url]