Skip to main content

Game Programmers for THQ Studio Australia,Brisbane

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

THQ Studio Australia, Brisbane

THQ Studio Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of THQ, Inc. The studio was founded in Jan 2003 and has grown to 50+ people. The Company is looking to expand to over 70 people over the next year. THQ Studio Australia completed its first title, Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies, based on the popular Nickelodeon franchise. It is available on Playstation?2 and Nintendo GameCube. Work is well underway on a high profile second project for all three major consoles. Pre-production has also started on a third exciting project, an RPG title for which we need programmers.

Game Programmer

Job Description:

THQ Studio Australia is looking for Experienced Game Programmers to work on future console-based titles. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's top game companies. THQ Studio Australia is a great place to work with a friendly environment and great infrastructure. We are able to offer competitive salaries, salary packaging and significant project bonuses. We are looking to fill several programming positions over the next few months for current and future titles.

Required Skills:

Game Programming Experience - 1 or more console titles as a senior member of the programming team.
University degree in software engineering - A Must
Strong 3D math background - Must be able to solve 3D math problems unattended.
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
AI - Creating life-like behaviour models.
Graphics ? Implementing advanced visual effects.
Physics ? Enhancing game play with realistic interactions. Havok experience a bonus.
Console Knowledge - Desired.
Tools Knowledge - VS7, Code warrior.
Scheduling - Is capable of delivering large game systems according to a schedule.
Has great communication skills - Ability to talk to all teams and leads on relevant subjects and has the ability to communicate technical issues to non technical people.

Email resumes to OzStudio_Resumes@thq.com

Posted by souri on
Forum

THQ Studio Australia, Brisbane

THQ Studio Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of THQ, Inc. The studio was founded in Jan 2003 and has grown to 50+ people. The Company is looking to expand to over 70 people over the next year. THQ Studio Australia completed its first title, Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies, based on the popular Nickelodeon franchise. It is available on Playstation?2 and Nintendo GameCube. Work is well underway on a high profile second project for all three major consoles. Pre-production has also started on a third exciting project, an RPG title for which we need programmers.

Game Programmer

Job Description:

THQ Studio Australia is looking for Experienced Game Programmers to work on future console-based titles. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's top game companies. THQ Studio Australia is a great place to work with a friendly environment and great infrastructure. We are able to offer competitive salaries, salary packaging and significant project bonuses. We are looking to fill several programming positions over the next few months for current and future titles.

Required Skills:

Game Programming Experience - 1 or more console titles as a senior member of the programming team.
University degree in software engineering - A Must
Strong 3D math background - Must be able to solve 3D math problems unattended.
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
AI - Creating life-like behaviour models.
Graphics ? Implementing advanced visual effects.
Physics ? Enhancing game play with realistic interactions. Havok experience a bonus.
Console Knowledge - Desired.
Tools Knowledge - VS7, Code warrior.
Scheduling - Is capable of delivering large game systems according to a schedule.
Has great communication skills - Ability to talk to all teams and leads on relevant subjects and has the ability to communicate technical issues to non technical people.

Email resumes to OzStudio_Resumes@thq.com