Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #5 -3D- Ironikart

Submitted by ironikart on

I'm still fleshing out the idea some more, but thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. I love everyone elses characters so far, it looks like there's going to be some fairly diverse entries.

[img]http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ironikart/turtles.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 17/02/04 - 11:26 PM Permalink

hehe, cool :)
I like the jetpack on teh turtle!

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 17/02/04 - 11:34 PM Permalink

lol. Ver' cool. Love those jetpacks :D

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 18/02/04 - 12:54 AM Permalink

Very cool - has the most personality of the entries so far in my opinion. Very much in tune with the vibe of the competition.

Submitted by rezn0r on Wed, 18/02/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

Groovy groovy Gam-er-aaaa!

Scott.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 18/02/04 - 6:03 AM Permalink

love the dude with the pilot cap n goggles, nice work ironikart, was wondering if you were going to join this comp or you were too busy with all the graphical requests rob was giving you ;)

Submitted by smeg on Wed, 18/02/04 - 8:09 AM Permalink

Novelty goggles + novelty jet engines. Excellent combination.

Looks really cool ironikart.
cheers

Submitted by ironikart on Thu, 19/02/04 - 11:06 PM Permalink

I've busied myself with modelling over the last couple of days. I've got about 1800 faces left for the most evolved turtle... if I don't use them all I might put some helicopter blades on top of the egg to keep the whole flying thing together over the 3 models. I've sketched up some more concept work, which hopefully I'll get a chance to scan in and work over in colour before I start texturing.

I modelled the hero yesterday, just for fun (and maybe to use in the spash page). I'm going for a cutesy digimon-esque style with a kid as the hero.
[IMG]http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ironikart/wires_01.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 20/02/04 - 3:05 AM Permalink

wowzers, youve certainly been working hard havent you!!

very nice modelling work as usualy, maybe colour the girl with greens and blues to give her some sort of aquatic feel of sorts. The turtle and turtle face particulary are very good

Submitted by smeg on Fri, 20/02/04 - 10:23 AM Permalink

Those models look really sweet. that main character looks excellent

cheers

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 20/02/04 - 6:57 PM Permalink

The models look great, but is the main character wearing a top under the jacket. Maybe it's just coz it's in edge faces.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 21/02/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

Okay maybe it will be more clear when it is textured.[8)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 05/03/04 - 8:57 AM Permalink

amazing as allways :P the cooky characters are great work

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 06/03/04 - 11:56 PM Permalink

Insane work [:D] the last stage looks fantastic. Gotta love those jetpacks!

Submitted by shath on Mon, 08/03/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

love the 2nd and third model's but the first one dosn't seem to fit.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 08/03/04 - 7:46 AM Permalink

yeh the first is a bit out of place, but if it was just another turtle with a smaller jetpack theyd all seem too similar....

Submitted by bullet21 on Mon, 08/03/04 - 7:35 PM Permalink

I think it does fit in because they all have shells, it doesn't necessarily have to look similar at first glance as long as some how it makes sense. I think it's a great idea.

Submitted by ironikart on Mon, 08/03/04 - 7:46 PM Permalink

yeah, I was thinking about the life cycle of the turtle egg->juvenile->adult but not sure if that flows very well into this concept. Thanks for the comments guys I'll take them on board and see what I come up with. [:)]

Submitted by ironikart on Fri, 12/03/04 - 7:16 PM Permalink

Ah, looks like I'm not going to be able to finish this before the deadline. I've got some other projects that are taking priority, plus I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks and moving house [:(]. All in all a busy month... ah well! Good luck to everyone in the comp!

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 13/03/04 - 6:53 AM Permalink

ohhhh i had money on you :( just joking. Dont worry you had the goods, and at least you gave it an attempt unlike some people just reserving spots sorta.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 13/03/04 - 8:56 AM Permalink

oh that sux man - your a shoe-in for a top 3 placing i reckon - your designs rocked !!!

Submitted by smeg on Sat, 13/03/04 - 9:04 AM Permalink

Shame - finish it later. :D
Good luck with the new job.

Posted by ironikart on

I'm still fleshing out the idea some more, but thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. I love everyone elses characters so far, it looks like there's going to be some fairly diverse entries.

[img]http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ironikart/turtles.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 17/02/04 - 11:26 PM Permalink

hehe, cool :)
I like the jetpack on teh turtle!

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 17/02/04 - 11:34 PM Permalink

lol. Ver' cool. Love those jetpacks :D

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 18/02/04 - 12:54 AM Permalink

Very cool - has the most personality of the entries so far in my opinion. Very much in tune with the vibe of the competition.

Submitted by rezn0r on Wed, 18/02/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

Groovy groovy Gam-er-aaaa!

Scott.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 18/02/04 - 6:03 AM Permalink

love the dude with the pilot cap n goggles, nice work ironikart, was wondering if you were going to join this comp or you were too busy with all the graphical requests rob was giving you ;)

Submitted by smeg on Wed, 18/02/04 - 8:09 AM Permalink

Novelty goggles + novelty jet engines. Excellent combination.

Looks really cool ironikart.
cheers

Submitted by ironikart on Thu, 19/02/04 - 11:06 PM Permalink

I've busied myself with modelling over the last couple of days. I've got about 1800 faces left for the most evolved turtle... if I don't use them all I might put some helicopter blades on top of the egg to keep the whole flying thing together over the 3 models. I've sketched up some more concept work, which hopefully I'll get a chance to scan in and work over in colour before I start texturing.

I modelled the hero yesterday, just for fun (and maybe to use in the spash page). I'm going for a cutesy digimon-esque style with a kid as the hero.
[IMG]http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ironikart/wires_01.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 20/02/04 - 3:05 AM Permalink

wowzers, youve certainly been working hard havent you!!

very nice modelling work as usualy, maybe colour the girl with greens and blues to give her some sort of aquatic feel of sorts. The turtle and turtle face particulary are very good

Submitted by smeg on Fri, 20/02/04 - 10:23 AM Permalink

Those models look really sweet. that main character looks excellent

cheers

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 20/02/04 - 6:57 PM Permalink

The models look great, but is the main character wearing a top under the jacket. Maybe it's just coz it's in edge faces.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 21/02/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

Okay maybe it will be more clear when it is textured.[8)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 05/03/04 - 8:57 AM Permalink

amazing as allways :P the cooky characters are great work

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 06/03/04 - 11:56 PM Permalink

Insane work [:D] the last stage looks fantastic. Gotta love those jetpacks!

Submitted by shath on Mon, 08/03/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

love the 2nd and third model's but the first one dosn't seem to fit.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 08/03/04 - 7:46 AM Permalink

yeh the first is a bit out of place, but if it was just another turtle with a smaller jetpack theyd all seem too similar....

Submitted by bullet21 on Mon, 08/03/04 - 7:35 PM Permalink

I think it does fit in because they all have shells, it doesn't necessarily have to look similar at first glance as long as some how it makes sense. I think it's a great idea.

Submitted by ironikart on Mon, 08/03/04 - 7:46 PM Permalink

yeah, I was thinking about the life cycle of the turtle egg->juvenile->adult but not sure if that flows very well into this concept. Thanks for the comments guys I'll take them on board and see what I come up with. [:)]

Submitted by ironikart on Fri, 12/03/04 - 7:16 PM Permalink

Ah, looks like I'm not going to be able to finish this before the deadline. I've got some other projects that are taking priority, plus I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks and moving house [:(]. All in all a busy month... ah well! Good luck to everyone in the comp!

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 13/03/04 - 6:53 AM Permalink

ohhhh i had money on you :( just joking. Dont worry you had the goods, and at least you gave it an attempt unlike some people just reserving spots sorta.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 13/03/04 - 8:56 AM Permalink

oh that sux man - your a shoe-in for a top 3 placing i reckon - your designs rocked !!!

Submitted by smeg on Sat, 13/03/04 - 9:04 AM Permalink

Shame - finish it later. :D
Good luck with the new job.