Skip to main content

Entry level animator contract job @ Bungarra

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Entry level animator contract job
Submitted by Bungarra

JOB TYPE: 1-month contract job (Perth, W.A.)
THE POSITION: Entry level Animator
WHEN: ASAP after Sunday 15th January 2006
RATE: Award + super.

JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are looking for an entry level animator to work on an extreme sports title to create in-game animations of the highest quality. Know how to rig a model? Know anything about surfing, skateboarding, or snowboarding? Feel you can animate cool and aesthetically pleasing moves? Applicants must have at least two years experience in character animation for games or a similar industry, and demonstrate a strong understanding of traditional animation fundamentals. Current experience using 3D Studio Max 5 for animating is a requirement. An understanding of character creation (modelling, texturing and rigging) is an absolute must. Applicants should be able to work in a range of styles.

DEMO REEL THAT SHOWS YOUR 3D ANIMATION IS REQUIRED AT INTERVIEW STAGE.

REQUIREMENTS:
Working knowledge of 3D Studio Max 5 modelling, rigging, weighting, and physique.
Knowledge of Character Studio.
Strong animation fundamentals
Though this is an animation position this team values well-rounded artists. A portfolio that shows strong character drawing, meshing and texturing skills, along with knockout animation will be fully appreciated.
Solid character animator (extreme sports /fighting / combat games a plus)
Solid understanding of game creation limitations/dependencies
Solid experience with Character Studio preferred
Quickly master in-house tools
Formal educational background in classical animation a plus
Understanding of when to sacrifice time or quality for one another
Ability to work to a brief.
Breadth of artistic and animation styles
A good working knowledge of at least one major 3D software package aside from Max 5 (Maya, Photoshop, XSI, etc.)
Use of composite software
Clearly understands the importance of dates/milestones, teamwork and organization
Good knowledge of Art History

EXPERIENCE:
2 Years Minimum experience as a 3D Artist in Video games or related Industry AND OR,
Be prepared to demonstrate your skill-set via working to a test set by Bungarra at the studio

DEMONSTRABLE CHARACTER TRAITS:
Excellent communication skills with the ability to balance artistic and animation needs with the needs and constraints of the programming and game design staff
Must have a passion for games and interactive entertainment. You've got to know something about games. If you don't play them you're going to be at a big disadvantage on the job.
Ability to rapidly learn & assimilate new technologies
Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers
Dedication to high quality character art.
Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion
Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally
Desire to ship quality products on time
Excellent communication skills in a team environment
EXCELLENT ATTENTION TO DETAIL
Self motivated
Excellent work ethic
Ability to accurately estimate delivery, AND, deliver.

DUTIES:
Rig a menu model
Animated a menu model (basic loop)
Refine current in-game animation
Add new in-game animation
Work with design team in creating moves
Work with programmers in implementing moves
Foresee future animation needs
Generate animation tasks/needs

TO APPLY:
Please send your resume / email to:
admin@bungarra.com
PH: 9335 8086

www.bungarra.com

Posted by souri on
Forum

Entry level animator contract job
Submitted by Bungarra

JOB TYPE: 1-month contract job (Perth, W.A.)
THE POSITION: Entry level Animator
WHEN: ASAP after Sunday 15th January 2006
RATE: Award + super.

JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are looking for an entry level animator to work on an extreme sports title to create in-game animations of the highest quality. Know how to rig a model? Know anything about surfing, skateboarding, or snowboarding? Feel you can animate cool and aesthetically pleasing moves? Applicants must have at least two years experience in character animation for games or a similar industry, and demonstrate a strong understanding of traditional animation fundamentals. Current experience using 3D Studio Max 5 for animating is a requirement. An understanding of character creation (modelling, texturing and rigging) is an absolute must. Applicants should be able to work in a range of styles.

DEMO REEL THAT SHOWS YOUR 3D ANIMATION IS REQUIRED AT INTERVIEW STAGE.

REQUIREMENTS:
Working knowledge of 3D Studio Max 5 modelling, rigging, weighting, and physique.
Knowledge of Character Studio.
Strong animation fundamentals
Though this is an animation position this team values well-rounded artists. A portfolio that shows strong character drawing, meshing and texturing skills, along with knockout animation will be fully appreciated.
Solid character animator (extreme sports /fighting / combat games a plus)
Solid understanding of game creation limitations/dependencies
Solid experience with Character Studio preferred
Quickly master in-house tools
Formal educational background in classical animation a plus
Understanding of when to sacrifice time or quality for one another
Ability to work to a brief.
Breadth of artistic and animation styles
A good working knowledge of at least one major 3D software package aside from Max 5 (Maya, Photoshop, XSI, etc.)
Use of composite software
Clearly understands the importance of dates/milestones, teamwork and organization
Good knowledge of Art History

EXPERIENCE:
2 Years Minimum experience as a 3D Artist in Video games or related Industry AND OR,
Be prepared to demonstrate your skill-set via working to a test set by Bungarra at the studio

DEMONSTRABLE CHARACTER TRAITS:
Excellent communication skills with the ability to balance artistic and animation needs with the needs and constraints of the programming and game design staff
Must have a passion for games and interactive entertainment. You've got to know something about games. If you don't play them you're going to be at a big disadvantage on the job.
Ability to rapidly learn & assimilate new technologies
Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers
Dedication to high quality character art.
Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion
Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally
Desire to ship quality products on time
Excellent communication skills in a team environment
EXCELLENT ATTENTION TO DETAIL
Self motivated
Excellent work ethic
Ability to accurately estimate delivery, AND, deliver.

DUTIES:
Rig a menu model
Animated a menu model (basic loop)
Refine current in-game animation
Add new in-game animation
Work with design team in creating moves
Work with programmers in implementing moves
Foresee future animation needs
Generate animation tasks/needs

TO APPLY:
Please send your resume / email to:
admin@bungarra.com