Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #6 -3D- Malus

Submitted by Malus on

Shotgun!!

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 21/07/04 - 7:59 AM Permalink

Ok just wanted to give a brief rundown of my idea before anything similar comes along [:P], concept will follow soon.

A large/obese humanoid creature whos back is arched in a unatural way due to the large strap pinning the back of its head to its lower back.

The creatures arms are folded tightly across its body, its arms pierced thru the torso flesh as if in a straight jacket.

Its talon like hands claw at its back it torment and its wristed are pinned thru by a 2 large rings that connects to 2 long chains.

His ankles also are pinned to 2 more chains.

These chains hang from the rings at its wrist and ankles until they end at 4 large square concrete block on the ground, blocks which enable the beast to hang forward without falling, briefly easing the torment of its prisonlike form.

The Creature slowly drags its obese body around using these blocks as counter balance.

The face of this one time man is a tormented sight. His face is stretched back from his skull due to the pull of the strap at the base of his skull, his lower jaw is fused to his chest and exposed malformed teeth thrust from the fleshy wounds.

Inside the maw of his mouth lives a creature, a living hunger, its 6 talonlike claws pull back the sides of his mouth further to reveal an abyss of razor sharp blades.

Ok gruesome concept and history to come [:)]

Submitted by tojo on Wed, 21/07/04 - 10:15 AM Permalink

pretty wild stuff....... i really really wanna see this modelled......

totally 100 out of 100 for originality!

sounds nearly as evil as xyz's featus wielding prostitute ;)

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:11 AM Permalink

i like it the way it is dude!....
actually reminds me of a pre-raphaelite painter 'Burn-Jones' in the body pose... just gone horibly horribly wrong

very cool!
the metal and rock/stone textures will contrast well against the more fleshy textures.... 10/10

go for it dude!

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

i like the thin one, looks starved and deprived, more tortured in a way i guess.

Submitted by JD on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

If those spikes are holding his arms together and comin out his shoulders that is awesome.

Second set of teeth is a nice touch. How about the top metal pins holding his mouth open digging into his ears for support??

Love the concept, cant wait to see the model.
Good luck with getting it done.

JD

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:22 AM Permalink

loving it, now thats what i call a tourtered character

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:26 AM Permalink

JD: His elbows are pinned either by a metal ring or rod, haven't decided.
Those bones bursting out are from the stress of his arms being pulled back into an unatural position.

The things holding his mouth open are legs, not metal.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:30 AM Permalink

The concepts are great. I have to admit that I was very dubious just reading the original text :) Defenitely the skinnier one.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

Thanks or the comments guys, good to know I can turn your stomachs.

Aven: The text brief was just so I had something down, didn't want to lose my idea with so many entries flooding in. lol

My girlfriend likes the fat one, I personally like the skinny one, I'm probably going to make him skinny like the concept but maybe add alot more loose skin.

Ewww loose skin.

Submitted by Ninja on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:12 AM Permalink

looking good dean !!! very freaky indeed !! i cant wait to see the full work in progress.... [:)]

Submitted by Bunny on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:36 AM Permalink

Now that's good labna. Give him a pot belly, you can call it malnutrition or decomposition.

Submitted by Jackablade on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:48 AM Permalink

Niiice. Very Todd McFarlane-esque. I'll look forward to seeing the progress on this one

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:49 AM Permalink

Awesome, loving it so far Dean [:D] My original idea was to have a Guy strapped in a straight jacket pose with hooks runnign the lenght of his back and legs and attached with chains to some form of big spikey mace. So he would spin around and attempt to heft the mace at bystanders and would-be heroes / heroines etc. but when i saw you post this i thought " You Bastard! " so i changed to the worm idea [:P]

Submitted by smeg on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:57 AM Permalink

Wow. VERY cool.

You gotta go with the fat guy, the bigger he is the more liberties you can take with what's _inside_ him. :D Also that coloured concept just looks excellent.

sweet

Submitted by conundrum on Thu, 22/07/04 - 10:37 AM Permalink

man, that is one superb concept, love the way it seems to be torn between two characters, the vicious psycopath within and the tormented shell of a man. very thought provoking, cant wait till the modelling and especially the texturing

Submitted by Doord on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:07 PM Permalink

The poor man. [:(]

Great work as always.

Submitted by MarkMash on Fri, 23/07/04 - 3:54 AM Permalink

Great concept. Looks great! How will it attack though? Will it attack? I'm guessing some sort of swinging of the concrete blocks or just a bite.

Anyhoo cant wait to see it modelled!

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 23/07/04 - 9:51 AM Permalink

Markmash: no it attacks by pulling the blocks forward there by giving itself enough room to lunge out with its mouth, not a coordinated attack, its a semi mindless beast just motivated by feeding. [:P]

I think I'll stick with thin, guant with loose hanging skin for the model.

Submitted by JD on Fri, 23/07/04 - 10:24 AM Permalink

When you say dangling skin... do you mean as though it is just simply loose from that dip in the water. Or this guy once was a fairly well built individual, who now has Fat Bastard syndrome. Vag*na neck?

Done right that could look, pretty freaky though hard at the same time.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 23/07/04 - 10:27 AM Permalink

JD: Bloated decomposing flesh thats hangs from the muscle.

Posted by Malus on

Shotgun!!

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 21/07/04 - 7:59 AM Permalink

Ok just wanted to give a brief rundown of my idea before anything similar comes along [:P], concept will follow soon.

A large/obese humanoid creature whos back is arched in a unatural way due to the large strap pinning the back of its head to its lower back.

The creatures arms are folded tightly across its body, its arms pierced thru the torso flesh as if in a straight jacket.

Its talon like hands claw at its back it torment and its wristed are pinned thru by a 2 large rings that connects to 2 long chains.

His ankles also are pinned to 2 more chains.

These chains hang from the rings at its wrist and ankles until they end at 4 large square concrete block on the ground, blocks which enable the beast to hang forward without falling, briefly easing the torment of its prisonlike form.

The Creature slowly drags its obese body around using these blocks as counter balance.

The face of this one time man is a tormented sight. His face is stretched back from his skull due to the pull of the strap at the base of his skull, his lower jaw is fused to his chest and exposed malformed teeth thrust from the fleshy wounds.

Inside the maw of his mouth lives a creature, a living hunger, its 6 talonlike claws pull back the sides of his mouth further to reveal an abyss of razor sharp blades.

Ok gruesome concept and history to come [:)]

Submitted by tojo on Wed, 21/07/04 - 10:15 AM Permalink

pretty wild stuff....... i really really wanna see this modelled......

totally 100 out of 100 for originality!

sounds nearly as evil as xyz's featus wielding prostitute ;)

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:11 AM Permalink

i like it the way it is dude!....
actually reminds me of a pre-raphaelite painter 'Burn-Jones' in the body pose... just gone horibly horribly wrong

very cool!
the metal and rock/stone textures will contrast well against the more fleshy textures.... 10/10

go for it dude!

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

i like the thin one, looks starved and deprived, more tortured in a way i guess.

Submitted by JD on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

If those spikes are holding his arms together and comin out his shoulders that is awesome.

Second set of teeth is a nice touch. How about the top metal pins holding his mouth open digging into his ears for support??

Love the concept, cant wait to see the model.
Good luck with getting it done.

JD

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:22 AM Permalink

loving it, now thats what i call a tourtered character

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:26 AM Permalink

JD: His elbows are pinned either by a metal ring or rod, haven't decided.
Those bones bursting out are from the stress of his arms being pulled back into an unatural position.

The things holding his mouth open are legs, not metal.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:30 AM Permalink

The concepts are great. I have to admit that I was very dubious just reading the original text :) Defenitely the skinnier one.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

Thanks or the comments guys, good to know I can turn your stomachs.

Aven: The text brief was just so I had something down, didn't want to lose my idea with so many entries flooding in. lol

My girlfriend likes the fat one, I personally like the skinny one, I'm probably going to make him skinny like the concept but maybe add alot more loose skin.

Ewww loose skin.

Submitted by Ninja on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:12 AM Permalink

looking good dean !!! very freaky indeed !! i cant wait to see the full work in progress.... [:)]

Submitted by Bunny on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:36 AM Permalink

Now that's good labna. Give him a pot belly, you can call it malnutrition or decomposition.

Submitted by Jackablade on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:48 AM Permalink

Niiice. Very Todd McFarlane-esque. I'll look forward to seeing the progress on this one

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:49 AM Permalink

Awesome, loving it so far Dean [:D] My original idea was to have a Guy strapped in a straight jacket pose with hooks runnign the lenght of his back and legs and attached with chains to some form of big spikey mace. So he would spin around and attempt to heft the mace at bystanders and would-be heroes / heroines etc. but when i saw you post this i thought " You Bastard! " so i changed to the worm idea [:P]

Submitted by smeg on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:57 AM Permalink

Wow. VERY cool.

You gotta go with the fat guy, the bigger he is the more liberties you can take with what's _inside_ him. :D Also that coloured concept just looks excellent.

sweet

Submitted by conundrum on Thu, 22/07/04 - 10:37 AM Permalink

man, that is one superb concept, love the way it seems to be torn between two characters, the vicious psycopath within and the tormented shell of a man. very thought provoking, cant wait till the modelling and especially the texturing

Submitted by Doord on Thu, 22/07/04 - 8:07 PM Permalink

The poor man. [:(]

Great work as always.

Submitted by MarkMash on Fri, 23/07/04 - 3:54 AM Permalink

Great concept. Looks great! How will it attack though? Will it attack? I'm guessing some sort of swinging of the concrete blocks or just a bite.

Anyhoo cant wait to see it modelled!

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 23/07/04 - 9:51 AM Permalink

Markmash: no it attacks by pulling the blocks forward there by giving itself enough room to lunge out with its mouth, not a coordinated attack, its a semi mindless beast just motivated by feeding. [:P]

I think I'll stick with thin, guant with loose hanging skin for the model.

Submitted by JD on Fri, 23/07/04 - 10:24 AM Permalink

When you say dangling skin... do you mean as though it is just simply loose from that dip in the water. Or this guy once was a fairly well built individual, who now has Fat Bastard syndrome. Vag*na neck?

Done right that could look, pretty freaky though hard at the same time.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 23/07/04 - 10:27 AM Permalink

JD: Bloated decomposing flesh thats hangs from the muscle.