Skip to main content

Counterstrike v1.6 coming tomorrow

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

http://www.gamershell.com/news_BCounterStrikeB1.6Tomorr.shtml

We'll probably see it more likely on the 17th (Friday) seeing as we're a bit ahead in time compared with the rest of the world, but does anyone here still love playing Counterstrike? I used to play it a LOT, (since beta 7 I think) but after every update and only slight gameplay tweaks, it's really feeling like playing the same old game. Some nice changes like higher-poly models, 3d map were nice. Sure, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I hope that Valve are making a lot of progress with Counterstrike 2.. I think just by having an engine with dynamic lighting would be enough to create enough change in the gameplay.

Submitted by inglis on Thu, 16/01/03 - 4:18 AM Permalink

i enjoyed playing it every once in a while at a lan..SOF2 imo is much more fun...

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 16/01/03 - 8:18 AM Permalink

We always play it a bit at every lan that I go to, played it here last night aswell (hosted a lan).

I think 1.6 should be good, but I don't know if the CS "veterans" would appreciate it.

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 16/01/03 - 11:35 AM Permalink

Not a fan of the new equipment they're adding, but i'll check it out.
I play a lot more Natural Selection than CS these days.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by souri on Thu, 16/01/03 - 10:24 PM Permalink

Some of the changes they have made are interesting and will change how the game is played a little (more guns, riot shield, not seeing how many of the enemy is still alive etc) I'm just a little 'ho-hum' about it all at the moment. It's still a great game - relatively easy to get into, lotsa practise required to master. Just like Street Fighter 2 was when it came out. But after so many sequels and years of that game, I'm really sick of that as well. [:)] I guess I should just start playing other types of games.
I wanna try Natural Selection out soon - it sounds very interesting. I was wondering when RTS/FPS would meld one day.. There are a few of those types of games in the works too.

Posted by souri on
Forum

http://www.gamershell.com/news_BCounterStrikeB1.6Tomorr.shtml

We'll probably see it more likely on the 17th (Friday) seeing as we're a bit ahead in time compared with the rest of the world, but does anyone here still love playing Counterstrike? I used to play it a LOT, (since beta 7 I think) but after every update and only slight gameplay tweaks, it's really feeling like playing the same old game. Some nice changes like higher-poly models, 3d map were nice. Sure, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I hope that Valve are making a lot of progress with Counterstrike 2.. I think just by having an engine with dynamic lighting would be enough to create enough change in the gameplay.

Submitted by inglis on Thu, 16/01/03 - 4:18 AM Permalink

i enjoyed playing it every once in a while at a lan..SOF2 imo is much more fun...

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 16/01/03 - 8:18 AM Permalink

We always play it a bit at every lan that I go to, played it here last night aswell (hosted a lan).

I think 1.6 should be good, but I don't know if the CS "veterans" would appreciate it.

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 16/01/03 - 11:35 AM Permalink

Not a fan of the new equipment they're adding, but i'll check it out.
I play a lot more Natural Selection than CS these days.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by souri on Thu, 16/01/03 - 10:24 PM Permalink

Some of the changes they have made are interesting and will change how the game is played a little (more guns, riot shield, not seeing how many of the enemy is still alive etc) I'm just a little 'ho-hum' about it all at the moment. It's still a great game - relatively easy to get into, lotsa practise required to master. Just like Street Fighter 2 was when it came out. But after so many sequels and years of that game, I'm really sick of that as well. [:)] I guess I should just start playing other types of games.
I wanna try Natural Selection out soon - it sounds very interesting. I was wondering when RTS/FPS would meld one day.. There are a few of those types of games in the works too.