Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #5 -3D- IronhideNT

Submitted by IronhideNT on

Hey guys,

Rightio here's my concept art of my 3 evolved characters. I've gone for the 2 "evil" pill route.

The story goes something like, an evil dictator of a doctor, who's longing for world domination, creates his own Frankenstein type creature mutated from a worm he found in one of his labs.

Unfortunately, it turns out to be quite clumsy, and the doctor sets out to "improve" his creation with a mixture of his pills. Sure the evolved version get more abilities and get stronger, but they sure don't get smarter! A recipe for a comedy hit![:p]

[img]http://members.ozemail.com.au/~tominaga/pictures/sumeacompall.jpg[/img]

(Hope that server is okay with the picture)

Critics and whatever is much appreciated!

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 15/02/04 - 8:35 PM Permalink

Cool that is awesome. There have been some really good ideas and i have no idea where you guys are coming up with them. Good Work man. I like how the colour of the Amulet changes to.

Submitted by Kane on Sun, 15/02/04 - 10:17 PM Permalink

that is wicked!

so did you do that with a graphics tablet or what? my brother bought one the other day and i can't beleive that stuff like that can be drawn with it!

Submitted by Piss Poor on Sun, 15/02/04 - 11:03 PM Permalink

awesome mate. lots of character, can?t wait to see the models

Submitted by IronhideNT on Mon, 16/02/04 - 11:22 AM Permalink

Yeah thanks for the feedback.

I've got a small Wacom tablet (180 bucks or something), and originally I bought it for drawing...but there's always something strange about the feel when your pen just glides over a surface. It needs at least abit of friction. I generally just use it for colouring and photo-editing now. Although I have seen some fantastic work from people who've got pencil presets in Painter and photoshop, and can get quite a natural media look.

My modelling experience ain't so good, so hopefully I'll at least get soemthing up and running by the due date! I'll probably need the help of you guys.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 16/02/04 - 7:23 PM Permalink

Just a quick tablet note, if you want that friction, just place a sheet of paper on the tablet. That way you will still experience the bite of the paper and due to the sense depth of the wacom there will be no problem with doing this.

Pantmonger

Submitted by xEmilx on Tue, 17/02/04 - 6:49 AM Permalink

Excellent concept art, and awesome idea, very original! You clearly show the evolutionary process and it looks like a cartoon id definantly watch!

Keep up the good work!

Submitted by IronhideNT on Sun, 28/03/04 - 10:55 AM Permalink

Alright, I'm hanging on the thinest of threads to get it in on time but I just thought I'd post to let people know I'm still around.

[img]http://members.ozemail.com.au/~tominaga/pictures/renderbigguysmaller.jp…]

I haven't properly grouped everything, optimised the whole thing, so basically it sucks. I generally just flesh everything out and get a feel for it first and then start sculpting later. I will do it when (or if) I get some extra time!

I've done my other two characters too, but Maya tends to crash these days when you dont want it to and I thought this will do for now.

Thanks!

Oh and keep up the great entries guys! I really like them all.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 28/03/04 - 11:09 AM Permalink

hah thats cool man - when i saw your concepts i wanted to see them all modelled and textured NOWWWWWWwwwwwwwww....

i hope you finish man - your story and concept are so cool,.. and it looks like your coming along in the model department :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Mon, 29/03/04 - 3:27 AM Permalink

Wuhooo, i was so hoping you hadn't quit. Your concepts were just to good to waste. Any way nice to see you are back and working hard.
The model is looking good, how many tris is it at?

Do it for Monash and Multimedia :) my future uni hopefully
oh and hazard typing wwwwwwwwwwwww... makes it think it is a link :)

Posted by IronhideNT on

Hey guys,

Rightio here's my concept art of my 3 evolved characters. I've gone for the 2 "evil" pill route.

The story goes something like, an evil dictator of a doctor, who's longing for world domination, creates his own Frankenstein type creature mutated from a worm he found in one of his labs.

Unfortunately, it turns out to be quite clumsy, and the doctor sets out to "improve" his creation with a mixture of his pills. Sure the evolved version get more abilities and get stronger, but they sure don't get smarter! A recipe for a comedy hit![:p]

[img]http://members.ozemail.com.au/~tominaga/pictures/sumeacompall.jpg[/img]

(Hope that server is okay with the picture)

Critics and whatever is much appreciated!

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 15/02/04 - 8:35 PM Permalink

Cool that is awesome. There have been some really good ideas and i have no idea where you guys are coming up with them. Good Work man. I like how the colour of the Amulet changes to.

Submitted by Kane on Sun, 15/02/04 - 10:17 PM Permalink

that is wicked!

so did you do that with a graphics tablet or what? my brother bought one the other day and i can't beleive that stuff like that can be drawn with it!

Submitted by Piss Poor on Sun, 15/02/04 - 11:03 PM Permalink

awesome mate. lots of character, can?t wait to see the models

Submitted by IronhideNT on Mon, 16/02/04 - 11:22 AM Permalink

Yeah thanks for the feedback.

I've got a small Wacom tablet (180 bucks or something), and originally I bought it for drawing...but there's always something strange about the feel when your pen just glides over a surface. It needs at least abit of friction. I generally just use it for colouring and photo-editing now. Although I have seen some fantastic work from people who've got pencil presets in Painter and photoshop, and can get quite a natural media look.

My modelling experience ain't so good, so hopefully I'll at least get soemthing up and running by the due date! I'll probably need the help of you guys.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 16/02/04 - 7:23 PM Permalink

Just a quick tablet note, if you want that friction, just place a sheet of paper on the tablet. That way you will still experience the bite of the paper and due to the sense depth of the wacom there will be no problem with doing this.

Pantmonger

Submitted by xEmilx on Tue, 17/02/04 - 6:49 AM Permalink

Excellent concept art, and awesome idea, very original! You clearly show the evolutionary process and it looks like a cartoon id definantly watch!

Keep up the good work!

Submitted by IronhideNT on Sun, 28/03/04 - 10:55 AM Permalink

Alright, I'm hanging on the thinest of threads to get it in on time but I just thought I'd post to let people know I'm still around.

[img]http://members.ozemail.com.au/~tominaga/pictures/renderbigguysmaller.jp…]

I haven't properly grouped everything, optimised the whole thing, so basically it sucks. I generally just flesh everything out and get a feel for it first and then start sculpting later. I will do it when (or if) I get some extra time!

I've done my other two characters too, but Maya tends to crash these days when you dont want it to and I thought this will do for now.

Thanks!

Oh and keep up the great entries guys! I really like them all.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 28/03/04 - 11:09 AM Permalink

hah thats cool man - when i saw your concepts i wanted to see them all modelled and textured NOWWWWWWwwwwwwwww....

i hope you finish man - your story and concept are so cool,.. and it looks like your coming along in the model department :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Mon, 29/03/04 - 3:27 AM Permalink

Wuhooo, i was so hoping you hadn't quit. Your concepts were just to good to waste. Any way nice to see you are back and working hard.
The model is looking good, how many tris is it at?

Do it for Monash and Multimedia :) my future uni hopefully
oh and hazard typing wwwwwwwwwwwww... makes it think it is a link :)