Skip to main content

Kharn the Betrayer

Submitted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/Jagged/3d11_Kharn.jpg[/img]
Had a little comp with a friend of mine, to keep us in practice and the like, as we are currently doing sprite work and don?t want our 3D skills to get rusty.

The comp was this, model from Warhammer 40K
2500 poly limit
1 x 1024 texture map.
1 week from notification

And here is my effort, Khorn the Betrayer. 2473 poly and within the texture map limits.
I dare say my friend will post his some time in the next few days.

Feedback good.
Oh and if you want to see more images of this fellow, there are some currently under my name in the main sumea section.

Pantmonger

Submitted by souri on Thu, 16/01/03 - 12:01 PM Permalink

Yep, great job on the model! [:)] Texture wise, that's probably the look you were going for, but personally, I would have done some real worn down gritty silver/brown metal there.. definately a lot of potential for some awesome skins with that model [:)]

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 08/02/03 - 11:24 PM Permalink

Hey every one,

Stupid me forgot t opost 'my' side of the battle. lol
So here it is, finished like 3.5 weeks ago btw.
My Warhammer 40K inspired Ork that I made for a battle with my friend Pantmonger.

The object of the battle was:
<2500 polygon Warhammer 40k model
1 x 1024 x 1024 map
1 week deadline

They turned out pretty good me thinks but tell us what you think about them both, all crits/comments are welcomed.

Ork: 2495 polygons

[img]http://www.inkmancomic.com/dean/Portfolio/Images/ork.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 14/02/03 - 10:16 PM Permalink

Guess I posted this a little late but comments still welcomed.

Submitted by tomcat on Wed, 26/03/03 - 1:44 PM Permalink

Regarding the first model:

I like it_ except if i could make a suggestion i would have two shoulder armour gaurds_ symetry like objects tend to look and feel more stable (in my opinion anyway)

oh yeah_ the boots look a little exaggerated_ thin them out a little so that he can walk properly. They look a little too cartoonish_ mario style if u know what I mean.

Regarding the second model:

i like it heaps.

looks dangerous it does!

Submitted by rezn0r on Thu, 27/03/03 - 1:37 AM Permalink

tomcat: Karn the Betrayer is modelled off a special character from WH40K and has been modelled faithfully to the original concept.

My vote goes to the orc though, it has so much personality and some cool texturing.

Good work. :)

Submitted by tomcat on Thu, 27/03/03 - 3:32 PM Permalink

I was unaware of that. thanks rezn0r and I apologise to u Pantmonger.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 27/03/03 - 11:40 PM Permalink

Thanks guys, I can't believe this post is still active. [:P]

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/Jagged/3d11_Kharn.jpg[/img]
Had a little comp with a friend of mine, to keep us in practice and the like, as we are currently doing sprite work and don?t want our 3D skills to get rusty.

The comp was this, model from Warhammer 40K
2500 poly limit
1 x 1024 texture map.
1 week from notification

And here is my effort, Khorn the Betrayer. 2473 poly and within the texture map limits.
I dare say my friend will post his some time in the next few days.

Feedback good.
Oh and if you want to see more images of this fellow, there are some currently under my name in the main sumea section.

Pantmonger

Submitted by souri on Thu, 16/01/03 - 12:01 PM Permalink

Yep, great job on the model! [:)] Texture wise, that's probably the look you were going for, but personally, I would have done some real worn down gritty silver/brown metal there.. definately a lot of potential for some awesome skins with that model [:)]

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 08/02/03 - 11:24 PM Permalink

Hey every one,

Stupid me forgot t opost 'my' side of the battle. lol
So here it is, finished like 3.5 weeks ago btw.
My Warhammer 40K inspired Ork that I made for a battle with my friend Pantmonger.

The object of the battle was:
<2500 polygon Warhammer 40k model
1 x 1024 x 1024 map
1 week deadline

They turned out pretty good me thinks but tell us what you think about them both, all crits/comments are welcomed.

Ork: 2495 polygons

[img]http://www.inkmancomic.com/dean/Portfolio/Images/ork.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 14/02/03 - 10:16 PM Permalink

Guess I posted this a little late but comments still welcomed.

Submitted by tomcat on Wed, 26/03/03 - 1:44 PM Permalink

Regarding the first model:

I like it_ except if i could make a suggestion i would have two shoulder armour gaurds_ symetry like objects tend to look and feel more stable (in my opinion anyway)

oh yeah_ the boots look a little exaggerated_ thin them out a little so that he can walk properly. They look a little too cartoonish_ mario style if u know what I mean.

Regarding the second model:

i like it heaps.

looks dangerous it does!

Submitted by rezn0r on Thu, 27/03/03 - 1:37 AM Permalink

tomcat: Karn the Betrayer is modelled off a special character from WH40K and has been modelled faithfully to the original concept.

My vote goes to the orc though, it has so much personality and some cool texturing.

Good work. :)

Submitted by tomcat on Thu, 27/03/03 - 3:32 PM Permalink

I was unaware of that. thanks rezn0r and I apologise to u Pantmonger.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 27/03/03 - 11:40 PM Permalink

Thanks guys, I can't believe this post is still active. [:P]