Skip to main content

UT 2004 demo

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Ok, I'm sitting here getting a 2.8k transfer speed on my 209mb download of Unreal Tournament 2004. It's going to take 21 hours, and I can't wait!
I haven't been following UT2004 details at all, so I've been surprised to read some of the stuff they're planning to release..

"UT 2004 will ship with all the content from UT 2003 and its various bonus packs", it'll come on 6 cds, and needing a minimum of 5.5 gigs installation space !! Holy crap, that's a lot. Content aside, I've read up on some of the playing modes, and it looks like there'll be some interesting ones in there (like the mission objective stuff that I like).

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 13/02/04 - 12:41 AM Permalink

been playing it at work (other have I was watching.) look at if they have added a fair bit.

5.5 gig that the unrealengine for you [;)]

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

waiting in line on fileplanet.......................................

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 2:40 AM Permalink

thanks aven. im getting it at 45-50k off action trip.

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 13/02/04 - 3:39 AM Permalink

played at lunch with the other guys here, had a blast - some fresh ideas on the incredibly stale fps genre, especially in regards to team play and co-operation. At the end of the day it's still just another fps, and gets old kinda quick, but enough to keep my interest for lunch at least [:)]

oh - and love those flying things - I think that satisfied an urge of mine to fly an orca since the original command and conquer [:D]

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 4:28 AM Permalink

cool game. i liked those flying things as well :)

Submitted by shiva on Fri, 13/02/04 - 4:52 AM Permalink

did you not play renegades? there were orcas in that right?

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 5:04 AM Permalink

i just played onslaught and flew around in a Raptor for a game.

whos wants to have a muck around MP game?? lol

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 13/02/04 - 6:12 AM Permalink

woohoo the demo, i cant belive i forgot. UT series are my fave shooters, i love the whole arena aspect in a multiplayer shooter :D

mines jumping all over the place, but it seems to still be climbin past 3megs a sec (me gots cable net)

edit: after like 5 mins its going @ 56 and still climing... :D

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:02 AM Permalink

quote:did you not play renegades? there were orcas in that right?

there was -supposed- to be -- played the entire single player campaign, no orcas. Played a few bouts of multiplayer, no orcas -- I can remember some vague recollection of a phantom multiplayer patch which was supposed to deliver them but honestly the game wasn't worth that much thought or effort.

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:06 AM Permalink

Played it a bit. It is good to see Assault return... and on acid. That map is just awesome. The weapons are still pretty crappy (the Mine Launcher is cool though). Onslaught is a nice addition. I don't particularly like the vehicles. They handle like crap. Give me Halo's vehicles any day.

It is still a demo though, so I can't really pass too much judgement. I would love to have a go against other Sumeans Inglis. Just let me know when and where :D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:33 AM Permalink

phwoaaaaaaar, man i gotta gets me that, ive been shoving my money elsewhere a lot lately but damn, i just gotta buy UT :P

Submitted by Djenx on Fri, 13/02/04 - 9:59 AM Permalink

MMmmm i'm lookin forward to the 100+ hrs worth of video tutorials, but from what i've heard they won't even be shipping the special edition out here [:(]

Submitted by souri on Sat, 14/02/04 - 2:47 AM Permalink

Ok, I've *finally* have it downloaded !!.. Graphically, there's not that much difference to UT2003. Looks pretty much the same to me. [:)].. The vehicles are great, and control much better than in Unreal 2 XMP. You can slide out etc. I prefer the vehicle models in XMP though, and how when you enter a vehicle, it glows Tron-like in your team's colour. You can tell a mile away if the vehicle is an enemy vehicle or not. With UT2k4 it's a bit harder. The raptors - they're awesome. I was curious as to how easy it would be to control flying vehicles - if it was going to take some practise like Battlefield 1942. But in UT2k4, it's dead easy. Great!
Assault and Onslaught are the only decent game modes worth playing. The rest are deathmatch (deathmatch, team deathmatch, last man standing etc) and slight capture the flag variations (bombing run, double domination), so I don't really care much about them. Assault seems nice enough, but still isn't as indepth as the mission objectives in Enemy Territory. Basically you stand at one point for a few seconds, once that's done go to the next point and repeat until the mission is over. UT needs player classes, damnit! Onslaught feels like a faster paced Battlefield 1942. It's a smaller map, but has a variety of vehicles, and there are some good vehicle vs vehicle action to be had. Oh, and there's definately something satisfying about running over enemies with a vehicle. I must be a sadist.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the release because I'm sure there are tonnes more interesting maps to play with. I hope they're a bit more creative than the selection seen in the demo, and I hope they aren't a mixed bag of weird styles like in UT2k3 where it ranges wildy from gothic, cartoony, to downright weird. The team deathmatch level in the demo was Lord of the Rings inspired, I thought. Huge pillars, and that narrow bridge with bottomless area below. The should grab the developers from the disbanded Legend Entertainment who did Unreal 2 + XMP. They know how to do really great landscapes.
A nice touch in Unreal2k4 is that you can press N or M and it'll show you the way to your or the enemy's base. Definately useful.
Also I wanna see the [url="http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february04/ut2004pc/index2.shtml"]Leviathan vehicle[/url] which is some huge (3 times as big) monster transforming vehicle which turns into a cannon! Anyway, check out the screenshots. There looks to be a [url="http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february04/ut2004pc/screenshots.shtml"]space battle mode[/url] in there too..

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 14/02/04 - 4:14 AM Permalink

i just jumped on OzForces (i think thats right) server for a couple games of Onslaught. Very cool.
Although I dont like it when a teammate beats me to my ride!!! lol

oh and I found a guided mini nuke weapon at the top of the tower in the middle of the map so ive been chasing people around with that. quite funny....well for me anyway

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 14/02/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

thats the redeemer inglis, AKA jesus gun :P :D and yes it is a sort of small nuke, heaps of fun to guide around and watch people run away from the massive rocket thats following them :P

yeeeees space battles and dog fights!!! i did a bit of dog fighting when i was playing onslaught online, lotsa fun.

btw did anyone else notice when u get in one of the humvee like car things it puts ur username us as the no. plate :D neat things like that and things like GTA inspired jump statistics popping up on the bottom of your screen after youve come screaming over a hill in one of the smaller cars just add that little bit more :P

Submitted by J I Styles on Sat, 14/02/04 - 9:18 AM Permalink

yah, I liked the little easter egg type features like the awards. Running two humm-vees togethor makes a fender-bender, raptor vs. raptor is top gun, you've got the stunt bonuses, the ultimate road carnage for taking 5+ guys out really quickly with the hover vehicles down thrust etc etc etc... goofy novelties really [:)]

one thing I enjoy is the team play - it doesn't need player classes, because you pretty much assign yourself a role and support someone else - eg, try being the secondary man on the link gun, or base defender planting heaps of spider drones and directing them from the tower. Good fun :)

Submitted by CombatWombat on Sat, 14/02/04 - 10:06 AM Permalink

So what nicks do you guys use? You'll be seeing me in the ctf and onslaught servers if you play much of it :D

Gamearena servers seem pretty decent.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 14/02/04 - 10:23 AM Permalink

Local servers are just damn too busy to get on. Ozforces is always full and so is that NZ one.
I got some bugs happening when I play online too. Some of those manned-gun turrets have totally disappeared (but you can use them if you remember where they are), and I can't aim vertically when I'm in the raptor/tank/other shooting vehicles.. pretty frustrating. Plus the shrubs are pure white when they're in the distance. Once you get a lot closer, their texture shows up properly. This happens offline as well, so jot that in as a graphical glitch.
Put in 31 bots, and watch the chaos and mayhem! So much laser trails and bullets everywhere. It looks like something out of Star Wars. Funny you mentioned GTA - when you steal a vehicle that belonged to the other team, you hear a car alarm sound [:)]

Submitted by Blitz on Sat, 14/02/04 - 12:19 PM Permalink

I played a little bit of onslaught (with bots) at luncha t work today, and was very impressed. They seem to have captured the "5 minutes to learn, a lifetime (well, not quite) to master" concept very well. The rules are very simple, but there are enough little extra things that make the learning curve long.
Anyway, i really enjoyed it, and can only imagine it would be better online. I think it is definitely a HUGE leap, in terms of gameplay, over ut2k3, where there wasn't any really new/fresh gametypes, only rehashes of old ones, although i do quite like bombing run, as long as it is on a good map! The return of assault is definitely welcome.
I think the vehicles handle really nicely. They're simple and don't "fight" you to operate them (ie. BF1942). Some people may complain that the vehicles are too simple to operate maybe, but i think it fits the fastpaced action of UT much better. However, i would have liked to see some more opportunities for co-op vehicles. I haven't tried them all properly, but it seemed the only co-op ones where the humvee with MG turret and tank with MG turret. Might be nice to see some different weapons for the second player, and a co-op flying vehicle too. Of course we haven't seen all the vehicles yet probably, so i'll keep my fingers crossed.
I'll definitely be grabbing this when it comes out (and i have $$ :) ). I'm thinking the community for ut2k4 should be much larger than ut2k3, simply because ut2k4 (to me) is a better game.
If i can actually eb bothered trying it online (with ym crappy 56k) i'll be running under the nick Blitz (omg!).
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 14/02/04 - 12:26 PM Permalink

quote:some more opportunities for co-op vehicles

you know at least 2 people can jump on the sides of the manta while 1 person drives? its pretty cool flying along on the side of that thing :)

Submitted by souri on Sat, 14/02/04 - 9:27 PM Permalink

I discovered that by accident [:)]. Stupid bots always rushing for the nearest vehicle when you first spawn! Was heading for the Manta, and just missed out, but stayed on it's wing. Those Manta's are darn fast. Keep your right mouse button pressed, and just mow everyone down [:)] I love the Goliaths the most though (the tanks). They're darn-diddly-arn powerful. Thank god there aren't too many of them around in the map, or else it'll be too spammy. Some of the vehicles in Battlefield 1942 are so powerful. You'd be walking blistfully around and boom, you'd be dead. With all the vehicles and mayhem that's happening in Onslaught, I'm happy this doesn't happen as much with UT2k4.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 15/02/04 - 12:57 PM Permalink

I've played the demo/onslaught to death now.. need more maps. [:)] There's a few things I'm miffed about in the onslight gametype. Specifically when you're constructing a node, all it takes is one shot from the other side to destroy it. Add 5 of them taking pot shots at it and it's near impossible to build one. Also when a team is down to their last node, it's pretty much the end. You have the winning team with access to so many vehicles, the goliath etc, it's seriously too overwhelming.

Submitted by inglis on Sun, 15/02/04 - 1:13 PM Permalink

ive played quite a few games now when we have come back from having no nodes to winning.....but then im quite the topgun :p lol

you just need to take out the closest node then the one in the middle and you are in business.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 16/02/04 - 4:14 AM Permalink

(i play reds most often) i allways go for the link right accross the battlefield that dosent have a centre point, more often then not people are going nuts at the centre point and the outside ones are near unguarded :P

ive tried my best to come back from no nodes but its pretty hard, doo-able but u need ur whole team working good and that means good human players, not bots :P

guess what nick i go under online? it might just be moonunit ;)

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 16/02/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

ohooo...people have found Text-To-Voice in the options and are typing sick things online.
I was playing and all of a sudden my speakers started sounding like a phone sex line.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 16/02/04 - 5:32 AM Permalink

lol what is that option (not for sex talk mind you :P just that the type space in UT is really damn small and no one sees things like "we need more support" and all of that stuff)

ive got a mic but when i heard someone try to use that function in a game all i managed to decypher were like 4 words in the all the speakin he did in the entire game, most of it just didnt come through (but the little pic came up so i knew he was trying to speak)

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 16/02/04 - 5:33 AM Permalink

its in the Communication options I think. Down the right corner of the screen, just have to tick it on.

Posted by souri on
Forum

Ok, I'm sitting here getting a 2.8k transfer speed on my 209mb download of Unreal Tournament 2004. It's going to take 21 hours, and I can't wait!
I haven't been following UT2004 details at all, so I've been surprised to read some of the stuff they're planning to release..

"UT 2004 will ship with all the content from UT 2003 and its various bonus packs", it'll come on 6 cds, and needing a minimum of 5.5 gigs installation space !! Holy crap, that's a lot. Content aside, I've read up on some of the playing modes, and it looks like there'll be some interesting ones in there (like the mission objective stuff that I like).

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 13/02/04 - 12:41 AM Permalink

been playing it at work (other have I was watching.) look at if they have added a fair bit.

5.5 gig that the unrealengine for you [;)]

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

waiting in line on fileplanet.......................................

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 2:40 AM Permalink

thanks aven. im getting it at 45-50k off action trip.

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 13/02/04 - 3:39 AM Permalink

played at lunch with the other guys here, had a blast - some fresh ideas on the incredibly stale fps genre, especially in regards to team play and co-operation. At the end of the day it's still just another fps, and gets old kinda quick, but enough to keep my interest for lunch at least [:)]

oh - and love those flying things - I think that satisfied an urge of mine to fly an orca since the original command and conquer [:D]

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 4:28 AM Permalink

cool game. i liked those flying things as well :)

Submitted by shiva on Fri, 13/02/04 - 4:52 AM Permalink

did you not play renegades? there were orcas in that right?

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 5:04 AM Permalink

i just played onslaught and flew around in a Raptor for a game.

whos wants to have a muck around MP game?? lol

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 13/02/04 - 6:12 AM Permalink

woohoo the demo, i cant belive i forgot. UT series are my fave shooters, i love the whole arena aspect in a multiplayer shooter :D

mines jumping all over the place, but it seems to still be climbin past 3megs a sec (me gots cable net)

edit: after like 5 mins its going @ 56 and still climing... :D

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:02 AM Permalink

quote:did you not play renegades? there were orcas in that right?

there was -supposed- to be -- played the entire single player campaign, no orcas. Played a few bouts of multiplayer, no orcas -- I can remember some vague recollection of a phantom multiplayer patch which was supposed to deliver them but honestly the game wasn't worth that much thought or effort.

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:06 AM Permalink

Played it a bit. It is good to see Assault return... and on acid. That map is just awesome. The weapons are still pretty crappy (the Mine Launcher is cool though). Onslaught is a nice addition. I don't particularly like the vehicles. They handle like crap. Give me Halo's vehicles any day.

It is still a demo though, so I can't really pass too much judgement. I would love to have a go against other Sumeans Inglis. Just let me know when and where :D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:33 AM Permalink

phwoaaaaaaar, man i gotta gets me that, ive been shoving my money elsewhere a lot lately but damn, i just gotta buy UT :P

Submitted by Djenx on Fri, 13/02/04 - 9:59 AM Permalink

MMmmm i'm lookin forward to the 100+ hrs worth of video tutorials, but from what i've heard they won't even be shipping the special edition out here [:(]

Submitted by souri on Sat, 14/02/04 - 2:47 AM Permalink

Ok, I've *finally* have it downloaded !!.. Graphically, there's not that much difference to UT2003. Looks pretty much the same to me. [:)].. The vehicles are great, and control much better than in Unreal 2 XMP. You can slide out etc. I prefer the vehicle models in XMP though, and how when you enter a vehicle, it glows Tron-like in your team's colour. You can tell a mile away if the vehicle is an enemy vehicle or not. With UT2k4 it's a bit harder. The raptors - they're awesome. I was curious as to how easy it would be to control flying vehicles - if it was going to take some practise like Battlefield 1942. But in UT2k4, it's dead easy. Great!
Assault and Onslaught are the only decent game modes worth playing. The rest are deathmatch (deathmatch, team deathmatch, last man standing etc) and slight capture the flag variations (bombing run, double domination), so I don't really care much about them. Assault seems nice enough, but still isn't as indepth as the mission objectives in Enemy Territory. Basically you stand at one point for a few seconds, once that's done go to the next point and repeat until the mission is over. UT needs player classes, damnit! Onslaught feels like a faster paced Battlefield 1942. It's a smaller map, but has a variety of vehicles, and there are some good vehicle vs vehicle action to be had. Oh, and there's definately something satisfying about running over enemies with a vehicle. I must be a sadist.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the release because I'm sure there are tonnes more interesting maps to play with. I hope they're a bit more creative than the selection seen in the demo, and I hope they aren't a mixed bag of weird styles like in UT2k3 where it ranges wildy from gothic, cartoony, to downright weird. The team deathmatch level in the demo was Lord of the Rings inspired, I thought. Huge pillars, and that narrow bridge with bottomless area below. The should grab the developers from the disbanded Legend Entertainment who did Unreal 2 + XMP. They know how to do really great landscapes.
A nice touch in Unreal2k4 is that you can press N or M and it'll show you the way to your or the enemy's base. Definately useful.
Also I wanna see the [url="http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february04/ut2004pc/index2.shtml"]Leviathan vehicle[/url] which is some huge (3 times as big) monster transforming vehicle which turns into a cannon! Anyway, check out the screenshots. There looks to be a [url="http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february04/ut2004pc/screenshots.shtml"]space battle mode[/url] in there too..

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 14/02/04 - 4:14 AM Permalink

i just jumped on OzForces (i think thats right) server for a couple games of Onslaught. Very cool.
Although I dont like it when a teammate beats me to my ride!!! lol

oh and I found a guided mini nuke weapon at the top of the tower in the middle of the map so ive been chasing people around with that. quite funny....well for me anyway

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 14/02/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

thats the redeemer inglis, AKA jesus gun :P :D and yes it is a sort of small nuke, heaps of fun to guide around and watch people run away from the massive rocket thats following them :P

yeeeees space battles and dog fights!!! i did a bit of dog fighting when i was playing onslaught online, lotsa fun.

btw did anyone else notice when u get in one of the humvee like car things it puts ur username us as the no. plate :D neat things like that and things like GTA inspired jump statistics popping up on the bottom of your screen after youve come screaming over a hill in one of the smaller cars just add that little bit more :P

Submitted by J I Styles on Sat, 14/02/04 - 9:18 AM Permalink

yah, I liked the little easter egg type features like the awards. Running two humm-vees togethor makes a fender-bender, raptor vs. raptor is top gun, you've got the stunt bonuses, the ultimate road carnage for taking 5+ guys out really quickly with the hover vehicles down thrust etc etc etc... goofy novelties really [:)]

one thing I enjoy is the team play - it doesn't need player classes, because you pretty much assign yourself a role and support someone else - eg, try being the secondary man on the link gun, or base defender planting heaps of spider drones and directing them from the tower. Good fun :)

Submitted by CombatWombat on Sat, 14/02/04 - 10:06 AM Permalink

So what nicks do you guys use? You'll be seeing me in the ctf and onslaught servers if you play much of it :D

Gamearena servers seem pretty decent.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 14/02/04 - 10:23 AM Permalink

Local servers are just damn too busy to get on. Ozforces is always full and so is that NZ one.
I got some bugs happening when I play online too. Some of those manned-gun turrets have totally disappeared (but you can use them if you remember where they are), and I can't aim vertically when I'm in the raptor/tank/other shooting vehicles.. pretty frustrating. Plus the shrubs are pure white when they're in the distance. Once you get a lot closer, their texture shows up properly. This happens offline as well, so jot that in as a graphical glitch.
Put in 31 bots, and watch the chaos and mayhem! So much laser trails and bullets everywhere. It looks like something out of Star Wars. Funny you mentioned GTA - when you steal a vehicle that belonged to the other team, you hear a car alarm sound [:)]

Submitted by Blitz on Sat, 14/02/04 - 12:19 PM Permalink

I played a little bit of onslaught (with bots) at luncha t work today, and was very impressed. They seem to have captured the "5 minutes to learn, a lifetime (well, not quite) to master" concept very well. The rules are very simple, but there are enough little extra things that make the learning curve long.
Anyway, i really enjoyed it, and can only imagine it would be better online. I think it is definitely a HUGE leap, in terms of gameplay, over ut2k3, where there wasn't any really new/fresh gametypes, only rehashes of old ones, although i do quite like bombing run, as long as it is on a good map! The return of assault is definitely welcome.
I think the vehicles handle really nicely. They're simple and don't "fight" you to operate them (ie. BF1942). Some people may complain that the vehicles are too simple to operate maybe, but i think it fits the fastpaced action of UT much better. However, i would have liked to see some more opportunities for co-op vehicles. I haven't tried them all properly, but it seemed the only co-op ones where the humvee with MG turret and tank with MG turret. Might be nice to see some different weapons for the second player, and a co-op flying vehicle too. Of course we haven't seen all the vehicles yet probably, so i'll keep my fingers crossed.
I'll definitely be grabbing this when it comes out (and i have $$ :) ). I'm thinking the community for ut2k4 should be much larger than ut2k3, simply because ut2k4 (to me) is a better game.
If i can actually eb bothered trying it online (with ym crappy 56k) i'll be running under the nick Blitz (omg!).
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 14/02/04 - 12:26 PM Permalink

quote:some more opportunities for co-op vehicles

you know at least 2 people can jump on the sides of the manta while 1 person drives? its pretty cool flying along on the side of that thing :)

Submitted by souri on Sat, 14/02/04 - 9:27 PM Permalink

I discovered that by accident [:)]. Stupid bots always rushing for the nearest vehicle when you first spawn! Was heading for the Manta, and just missed out, but stayed on it's wing. Those Manta's are darn fast. Keep your right mouse button pressed, and just mow everyone down [:)] I love the Goliaths the most though (the tanks). They're darn-diddly-arn powerful. Thank god there aren't too many of them around in the map, or else it'll be too spammy. Some of the vehicles in Battlefield 1942 are so powerful. You'd be walking blistfully around and boom, you'd be dead. With all the vehicles and mayhem that's happening in Onslaught, I'm happy this doesn't happen as much with UT2k4.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 15/02/04 - 12:57 PM Permalink

I've played the demo/onslaught to death now.. need more maps. [:)] There's a few things I'm miffed about in the onslight gametype. Specifically when you're constructing a node, all it takes is one shot from the other side to destroy it. Add 5 of them taking pot shots at it and it's near impossible to build one. Also when a team is down to their last node, it's pretty much the end. You have the winning team with access to so many vehicles, the goliath etc, it's seriously too overwhelming.

Submitted by inglis on Sun, 15/02/04 - 1:13 PM Permalink

ive played quite a few games now when we have come back from having no nodes to winning.....but then im quite the topgun :p lol

you just need to take out the closest node then the one in the middle and you are in business.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 16/02/04 - 4:14 AM Permalink

(i play reds most often) i allways go for the link right accross the battlefield that dosent have a centre point, more often then not people are going nuts at the centre point and the outside ones are near unguarded :P

ive tried my best to come back from no nodes but its pretty hard, doo-able but u need ur whole team working good and that means good human players, not bots :P

guess what nick i go under online? it might just be moonunit ;)

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 16/02/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

ohooo...people have found Text-To-Voice in the options and are typing sick things online.
I was playing and all of a sudden my speakers started sounding like a phone sex line.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 16/02/04 - 5:32 AM Permalink

lol what is that option (not for sex talk mind you :P just that the type space in UT is really damn small and no one sees things like "we need more support" and all of that stuff)

ive got a mic but when i heard someone try to use that function in a game all i managed to decypher were like 4 words in the all the speakin he did in the entire game, most of it just didnt come through (but the little pic came up so i knew he was trying to speak)

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 16/02/04 - 5:33 AM Permalink

its in the Communication options I think. Down the right corner of the screen, just have to tick it on.