Skip to main content

QA/software Tester and 3D Artists for Perception

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by (Anne)

QA/software Tester

Perception, based in Sydney, is a self-funded Game Studio in operation since 1995. Perception is currently developing a game based on a popular sci-fi TV series, licensed from a major film studio. We are looking for a talented and experienced QA/Software Tester to join our team in developing top-quality PS2, PC and X-box games. To find out more about Perception, please visit www.perception.com.au

As a QA Tester, you will be responsible for creating and executing test cases, performing regression testing, verifying bug fixes and entering data into the bug tracking system. Teamwork and a professional attitude is KEY to this role. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a MUST!

Requirements :

*Ability to troubleshoot and analyze software defects
*Attention to details
*Proficiency with Visual Dev Studio
*Experience pushing titles through console manufacturers? Technical Certification Requirements (Xbox, PS2) will be highly regarded
*Keen gamer

We require applicants who have either professional testing experience gained within the video game industry or professional software testing experience combined with a keen interest and understanding of computer and video games.

If you believe that you are the right person for one of this position, please forward your resume to: jobs@perception.com.au

When applying for this position, please state your salary expectations and quote the Reference: QA04.

3D Artists for Perception

Perception, based in Sydney, is a self-funded Game Studio in operation since 1995. Perception is currently developing a game based on the hit TV series ?Stargate SG-1?, licensed from MGM Interactive Inc., a unit of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios. We are looking for a talented and experienced 3D Artists to join our team in developing top-quality PS2, PC and X-box games. To find out more about Perception, please visit www.perception.com.au

Requirements

? Strong animation, modeling, and texturing skills.
? Extensive 3DSMAX, Photoshop / painter and Character Studio skills
? Console development experience on at least one commercial released game (PS2 preferred)
? A minimum of 3-4 years experience in real-time 3D game development.
? Experience leading an art group
? The ability to accurately estimate completion time of various art assets
? The ability to identify 3D engine constraints and find creative work-around solutions
? Excellent verbal and written communication skills
? Ability to work well within a small team.
? Must have solid communication skills.
Desirable Skills:

#61607; Formal education degree (Bachelor, Associate, Art School
#61607; Understanding of lighting concepts, and the ability to effectively light environments
#61607; Level design and construction
#61607; 2D life drawing skills
#61607; Ability to effectively teach others and experience in managing/mentoring other artists
#61607; Avid gamer

If you believe that you are the right person for this position, please forward your resume and online portfolio to: jobs@perception.com.au

When applying for this position, please state your salary expectations and quote the Reference: 3DA02.

Posted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by (Anne)

QA/software Tester

Perception, based in Sydney, is a self-funded Game Studio in operation since 1995. Perception is currently developing a game based on a popular sci-fi TV series, licensed from a major film studio. We are looking for a talented and experienced QA/Software Tester to join our team in developing top-quality PS2, PC and X-box games. To find out more about Perception, please visit www.perception.com.au

As a QA Tester, you will be responsible for creating and executing test cases, performing regression testing, verifying bug fixes and entering data into the bug tracking system. Teamwork and a professional attitude is KEY to this role. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a MUST!

Requirements :

*Ability to troubleshoot and analyze software defects
*Attention to details
*Proficiency with Visual Dev Studio
*Experience pushing titles through console manufacturers? Technical Certification Requirements (Xbox, PS2) will be highly regarded
*Keen gamer

We require applicants who have either professional testing experience gained within the video game industry or professional software testing experience combined with a keen interest and understanding of computer and video games.

If you believe that you are the right person for one of this position, please forward your resume to: jobs@perception.com.au

When applying for this position, please state your salary expectations and quote the Reference: QA04.

3D Artists for Perception

Perception, based in Sydney, is a self-funded Game Studio in operation since 1995. Perception is currently developing a game based on the hit TV series ?Stargate SG-1?, licensed from MGM Interactive Inc., a unit of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios. We are looking for a talented and experienced 3D Artists to join our team in developing top-quality PS2, PC and X-box games. To find out more about Perception, please visit www.perception.com.au

Requirements

? Strong animation, modeling, and texturing skills.
? Extensive 3DSMAX, Photoshop / painter and Character Studio skills
? Console development experience on at least one commercial released game (PS2 preferred)
? A minimum of 3-4 years experience in real-time 3D game development.
? Experience leading an art group
? The ability to accurately estimate completion time of various art assets
? The ability to identify 3D engine constraints and find creative work-around solutions
? Excellent verbal and written communication skills
? Ability to work well within a small team.
? Must have solid communication skills.
Desirable Skills:

#61607; Formal education degree (Bachelor, Associate, Art School
#61607; Understanding of lighting concepts, and the ability to effectively light environments
#61607; Level design and construction
#61607; 2D life drawing skills
#61607; Ability to effectively teach others and experience in managing/mentoring other artists
#61607; Avid gamer

If you believe that you are the right person for this position, please forward your resume and online portfolio to: jobs@perception.com.au

When applying for this position, please state your salary expectations and quote the Reference: 3DA02.