Skip to main content

2D and 3D artists for Irrational Games!

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

3D Artist
Irrational Games Australia is looking for a talented 3D artist to work on upcoming industry-leading titles including Tribes:Vengeance and others.

As an Irrational Artist, you will be working on models, textures, effects and/or animation as part of an art team that is looking to push the boundaries of 3D computer game art. Irrational relies on strong art direction, technical innovation and excellence in 3D assets to generate the unique visual styles of our games. This is your opportunity to contribute to this process and become part of one of the world's leading game development studios working on high profile next generation games.

At Irrational, we primarily use 3D Studio Max and Photoshop to produce our art assets but ability with general modelling and texturing tools is of greater importance than knowledge of specific tools. You must know how to model and how to texture to a high standard and be able to adapt those skills to the tools we use.

Required skills:

good texturing skills AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT
low polygon modelling skills
ability to work within technical constraints and generate art that looks good within those constraints
ability to meet deadlines
ability to adapt your art style to that of the overall project
ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment
good communication skills
ability to animate a plus but not required
traditional art skills are always valued highly at Irrational, whether those be drawing, painting or other
creative skills: ability to visualize and conceive objects, characters or other game elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the product.
As a 3D Artist you are expected to continue to refine your artistic abilities and may be required to learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.

To apply for this position, you will need to submit:

Resume.
Cover letter clearly identifying why you want to work at Irrational.
CD/DVD of original work, which should show examples of some or all of the following:
o Renders of low polygon models (include Max file if possible).
o Renders of high polygon models (include Max file if possible).
o Textures.
o Concept art, drawings or other.
o Animation samples.
Irrational offers generous salary packages based on skills and experience. This position can be filled on a permanent full-time basis or contract basis.

Applicants for this position must be in or willing to relocate to Canberra. International applicants will not be considered for this position.

2D Artist
Irrational Games Australia is looking for a talented 2D artist to work on upcoming industry-leading titles including Tribes:Vengeance and others.

As an 2D Artist at Irrational, you will be contributing 2D elements, textures and other content, to many elements of our games as part of an art team that is looking to push the boundaries of computer game art. Irrational relies on strong art direction, technical innovation and excellence in assets to generate the unique visual styles of our games. This is your opportunity to contribute to this process and become part of one of the world's leading game development studios working on high profile next generation games.

You will be working on a variety of 2D work including creating textures for 3D objects, creating UI elements, illustrating manuals and other printed materials and creating conceptual art.

Required skills:

Traditional art training, for example, in painting, drawing or otherwise.
Must be able to draw and/or paint at a high level of expertise.
Ability to adapt drawing/texturing to a variety of game styles.
Professional experience in 2D art in some role whether that be graphics design, illustration or other.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment.
Good communication skills.
Interest in game development and game visual styles.
Creative skills: ability to visualize and conceive objects, characters or other game elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the product.
Additional skills:

Design and layout skills.
Illustration experience.
PC software experience with Photoshop or other 2D art packages.
Familiarity with 3D art concepts including modelling and texturing. 3D modelling skills are not required.
Animation experience, either 2D or 3D.
You are expected to continue to refine your artistic abilities and may be required to learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.

Resume.
CD/DVD of original work, which should show examples of some or all of the following:
o Textures.
o Illustrations.
o Paintings.
o Concept art as drawings or other.
o Animation samples.

Irrational offers generous salary packages based on skills and experience. This position can be filled on a permanent full-time basis or contract basis.

Applicants for this position must be in or willing to relocate to Canberra. International applicants will not be considered for this position.

Contact details on the Irrational Games website..
http://www.irrational.com.au/company/aus_jobs.cfm

Posted by souri on
Forum

3D Artist
Irrational Games Australia is looking for a talented 3D artist to work on upcoming industry-leading titles including Tribes:Vengeance and others.

As an Irrational Artist, you will be working on models, textures, effects and/or animation as part of an art team that is looking to push the boundaries of 3D computer game art. Irrational relies on strong art direction, technical innovation and excellence in 3D assets to generate the unique visual styles of our games. This is your opportunity to contribute to this process and become part of one of the world's leading game development studios working on high profile next generation games.

At Irrational, we primarily use 3D Studio Max and Photoshop to produce our art assets but ability with general modelling and texturing tools is of greater importance than knowledge of specific tools. You must know how to model and how to texture to a high standard and be able to adapt those skills to the tools we use.

Required skills:

good texturing skills AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT
low polygon modelling skills
ability to work within technical constraints and generate art that looks good within those constraints
ability to meet deadlines
ability to adapt your art style to that of the overall project
ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment
good communication skills
ability to animate a plus but not required
traditional art skills are always valued highly at Irrational, whether those be drawing, painting or other
creative skills: ability to visualize and conceive objects, characters or other game elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the product.
As a 3D Artist you are expected to continue to refine your artistic abilities and may be required to learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.

Resume.
o Renders of low polygon models (include Max file if possible).
o Renders of high polygon models (include Max file if possible).
o Textures.
o Concept art, drawings or other.
o Animation samples.

2D Artist
Irrational Games Australia is looking for a talented 2D artist to work on upcoming industry-leading titles including Tribes:Vengeance and others.

As an 2D Artist at Irrational, you will be contributing 2D elements, textures and other content, to many elements of our games as part of an art team that is looking to push the boundaries of computer game art. Irrational relies on strong art direction, technical innovation and excellence in assets to generate the unique visual styles of our games. This is your opportunity to contribute to this process and become part of one of the world's leading game development studios working on high profile next generation games.

You will be working on a variety of 2D work including creating textures for 3D objects, creating UI elements, illustrating manuals and other printed materials and creating conceptual art.

Required skills:

Traditional art training, for example, in painting, drawing or otherwise.
Must be able to draw and/or paint at a high level of expertise.
Ability to adapt drawing/texturing to a variety of game styles.
Professional experience in 2D art in some role whether that be graphics design, illustration or other.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment.
Good communication skills.
Interest in game development and game visual styles.
Creative skills: ability to visualize and conceive objects, characters or other game elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the product.
Additional skills:

Design and layout skills.
Illustration experience.
PC software experience with Photoshop or other 2D art packages.
Familiarity with 3D art concepts including modelling and texturing. 3D modelling skills are not required.
Animation experience, either 2D or 3D.
You are expected to continue to refine your artistic abilities and may be required to learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.

Resume.
o Textures.
o Illustrations.
o Paintings.
o Concept art as drawings or other.
o Animation samples.

Contact details on the Irrational Games website..
http://www.irrational.com.au/company/aus_jobs.cfm